Switch to Forum Live View Applications from Creation "science"?
2 years ago  ::  Jul 01, 2012 - 9:20PM #1
steven_guy
www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVE6PtMJjWU&feat...
Kent Hovind get his sorry arse handed to him on a plate.

And what are the applications of Creation "science" in the real world? 
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 01, 2012 - 10:40PM #2
McAtheist

steven_guy: Kent Hovind get his sorry arse handed to him on a plate.

You know, I suspect that even in comparison to other YECies, Hovind is a pretty dim light.  And he obviously doesn't know anything about science, as he demonstrates several times in the first minutes of your video.  I particularly like where he "predicts" that we will find fossils in the ground; he obviously doesn't understand that you can't do "predictions" after the fact.  (YECs often miss this key element of prediction when they talk about Bible predictions, too.)

As far as YEC applications in the real world --- there aren't any.  I'm sure some YECs have come up with interesting ideas or inventions, but those didn't stem from the YEC world view.  How could they?  When one of the fundamental planks of your "science" is that all the known laws of science can be tossed whenever they get in the way of your religious agenda, you can't say a single thing about the universe.  Call  that one more reason why YECism is the antithesis of science.

Thanks for the video, steven --- I could only listen for about 4 minutes before Hovind's obvious incompetence was too embarrassing to continue.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 01, 2012 - 10:44PM #3
Slipnish

Jul 1, 2012 -- 9:20PM, steven_guy wrote:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVE6PtMJjWU&feat...
Kent Hovind get his sorry arse handed to him on a plate.

They provide people with tax shelters....

I don't believe it. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it.

~Any Creationist~
(But honestly Douglas Adams)

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook