Page 4 of 23  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 23 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Locked: Supreme Court Upholds "Obamacare"
2 years ago  ::  Jun 28, 2012 - 3:45PM #31
teilhard

And ... Justice Tony Kennedy ... !!! What the Hey ... !!!

Four out of Five SCOTUS Justices AGREE that in America it's perfectly ACCEPTABLE for a Family to go BANKRUPT due to Medical Bills and Expenses ...

Go Figure ...

Jun 28, 2012 -- 3:20PM, Sigmund wrote:

I think one of the most interesting things to come out of this will be the GOP/conservative response to Chief Justice John Roberts. Twice this week he has voted against the standard GOP position in high profile cases.

Will there still be cries of "judicial activism" from both side of the debate?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 28, 2012 - 3:47PM #32
Fodaoson

Maybe Chief Justice Roberts  thinks he is  a Supreme court Justice not  a Republican politican.  

“I seldom make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect.” Edward Gibbon
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 28, 2012 - 3:53PM #33
Ebon

Jun 28, 2012 -- 3:20PM, Sigmund wrote:

I think one of the most interesting things to come out of this will be the GOP/conservative response to Chief Justice John Roberts. Twice this week he has voted against the standard GOP position in high profile cases.

Will there still be cries of "judicial activism" from both side of the debate?

Apparently, someone on CafePress already has "impeach John Roberts" t-shirts up for sale.

Now, personally, I think he should be impeached (along with Scalia) but for the Citizens United decision.

Jun 28, 2012 -- 3:47PM, Fodaoson wrote:

Maybe Chief Justice Roberts  thinks he is  a Supreme court Justice not  a Republican politican.  

It would be nice to think so (especially as Scalia and Thomas are blatantly political activists) but again, see the CU decision.

He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God. ~ Proverbs 14:31

Fiat justitia, ruat caelum

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 28, 2012 - 3:53PM #34
TemplarS

Jun 28, 2012 -- 3:45PM, teilhard wrote:

And ... Justice Tony Kennedy ... !!! What the Hey ... !!!

Four out of Five SCOTUS Justices AGREE that in America it's perfectly ACCEPTABLE for a Family to go BANKRUPT due to Medical Bills and Expenses ...

Go Figure ...

It is not the Court's job to set economic policy.  There is no constitutional right to health care.

In this case, even the Justices in the majority simply ruled that the government could require universal health care, not that it is required to do so.

In the 18th century, mandating health care would hardly have been a universally beneficial thing, considering (for example) what "doctors" did to George Washington.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 28, 2012 - 3:55PM #35
Ebon

Jun 28, 2012 -- 3:53PM, TemplarS wrote:

In the 18th century, mandating health care would hardly have been a universally beneficial thing, considering (for example) what "doctors" did to George Washington.

But the Congress under Washington passed An Act For The Relief Of Disabled Seamen which required that ship captains purchase insurance for their sailors.

He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God. ~ Proverbs 14:31

Fiat justitia, ruat caelum

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 28, 2012 - 4:08PM #36
teilhard

And of course, The Preamble to The Constitution ... "General Welfare" and all that ...

"The 14th Amendment" -- Equal Protection ...

It's hard to argue that ANY of that has ANY Meaning if you're DEAD because The Hospital E.R. turned you away for Lack of an Insurance Card, yes ... ???

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 28, 2012 - 4:12PM #37
Nepenthe

No they didn't.

Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 28, 2012 - 5:05PM #38
Do_unto_others

I am shocked - SHOCKED! - I tell you, to watch videos of Cons/Repubs literally crying because now, some kid with cancer is gonna have health-care coverage.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 28, 2012 - 5:05PM #39
teilhard

Yes, they did ...

Jun 28, 2012 -- 4:12PM, Nepenthe wrote:

No they didn't.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 28, 2012 - 5:06PM #40
Do_unto_others

Jun 28, 2012 -- 3:53PM, TemplarS wrote:

There is no constitutional right to health care.

And that explains why America is the laughing stock of the developed world.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 23  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 23 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook