2 years ago  ::  Jun 24, 2012 - 11:01PM #1
solfeggio
This isn't exactly 'hot' news, but it is so amazing that I wanted to share it with those who might not have seen it.

A woman in Pennsylvania, B. J. Ross, came home from work one day last week to find that her beloved 15-year-old cocker spaniel Bigsby had died of natural causes.  Heartbroken, she and her mother decided to take the dog's body to the local Humane Society to be cremated.

Now, the thing is that Ms Ross had lost another beloved cocker spaniel companion, Samson, a year ago, when that dog had gone missing and couldn't be found.

Whilst at the Humane Society, Ms Ross's mother noticed a man sitting with a cocker spaniel in his lap.  She went over to the man and asked him about the dog, and he said he'd found him in a parking lot a year ago, but was surrendering him because he couldn't get along with his other dog.

Ross's mother took a closer look at the dog, called her daughter over, and they both realised that this was their long lost cocker, Samson! 

Long story short: Dog and owner were reunited and are now living happily ever after.  

www.examiner.com/article/death-of-pa-wom...

But, just think about it.  If the first dog had not died when he did, and if Ms Ross had not decided to take the body to the Humane Society when she did, and if her mother had not noticed the cocker spaniel in the Society's lobby, and if the man with the dog had not brought him in to be surrendered on that very day, at that very time - well, what are the odds?

www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/22/bj-ros...   
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 25, 2012 - 9:25AM #2
MysticWanderer

Truth casn be so much stranger than fiction, because it does not have to be believable

"Not all who wander are lost" J.R.R.Tolkein
You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do. ~Anne Lamott
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain."
Friedrich von Schiller
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 25, 2012 - 3:35PM #3
Stardove

Amazing story indeed.  I do believe there is no such thing as coincidences.  Many years ago in a book I read, "Nothing happens by chance".  This tale of the dogs proves that to be true in this case.

The Book

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 25, 2012 - 3:46PM #4
mytmouse57

Jun 25, 2012 -- 3:35PM, Stardove wrote:

Amazing story indeed.  I do believe there is no such thing as coincidences.  Many years ago in a book I read, "Nothing happens by chance".  This tale of the dogs proves that to be true in this case.

The Book

Nothing new under the sun.

People who think life sucks, tend to have lives that suck. 

Past that, the dog story is amazing. But I don't think it "proves" anything. 

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook