Page 1 of 5  •  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Switch to Forum Live View A Heterosexual Male-on-Male Sex Crime
2 years ago  ::  Jun 22, 2012 - 11:21PM #1
Fodaoson

Bellefonte, Pennsylvania (CNN) -- Former Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky was found guilty Friday on 45 of 48 counts related to sexual abuse of boys over a 15-year period. www.cnn.com/2012/06/22/justice/pennsylva...

The increasing number of rapes in the Military, an Arch Bishop of the Catholic church convicted of cover up of child abuse and  a high profile coach convicted .   IT seems like wehav a huge sex problem in this country. 

“I seldom make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect.” Edward Gibbon
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 22, 2012 - 11:23PM #2
Fodaoson

Is this a result of same sex marriage?  

“I seldom make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect.” Edward Gibbon
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2012 - 12:13AM #3
mountain_man

Jun 22, 2012 -- 11:23PM, Fodaoson wrote:

Of course not. It has nothing to do with homosexuality either. Some straight men sexually molest young girls. Would you blame that on heterosexual marriage?

The increasing number of rapes in the Military, an Arch Bishop of the Catholic church convicted of cover up of child abuse and  a high profile coach convicted .   IT seems like wehav a huge sex problem in this country.

Of course not. It is still only a small fraction of men that commit these crimes.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2012 - 12:15AM #4
Ebon

Don't be bloody stupid. 

Paedophiles ("paedophile" is only technically accurate when the victim is prepubescent but it tends to be used as a blanket term)  can be divided into two groups, the situational and the preferential.

The preferential are what most people think of when you say "paedophile". They deliberately work to gain access to children, groom them carefully and will have unstable sexual/romantic relationships with adults if they even attempt such relationships at all. While they'll be aware that what they're doing is illegal and/or socially frowned upon, they often won't consider their behaviour to be morally wrong. They can't be cured or treated.

The other, far larger, group are situational offenders. We know more about them because they're more common. Situational offenders are those whose primary sexual attraction is toward adults but will take advantage of children if they are given the opportunity and think they can get away with it. Essentially, they're opportunistic predators. They tend not to groom children as carefully, if at all, although they can still rack up a horrifying toll of victims if given such opportunities. They'll very often have relatively stable sexual/romantic relationships with adults and those relationships are mostly hetero for the simple reason that most of the general population is hetero. The jury is still out on whether they can be cured or treated (although I can certainly understand those who say we shouldn't take the chance).

He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God. ~ Proverbs 14:31

Fiat justitia, ruat caelum

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2012 - 1:08AM #5
Merope

Foda, Sandusky was abusing kids over a 15-year period - well before same sex marriage became legal.  Ditto for the sexual abuse in the Catholic Church, which goes back decades. 

So, no, same sex marriage is not responsible in any way for the sex crimes committed by the individuals in the collectives (Church, military, etc.) in your opening post.

Merope | Beliefnet Community Manager
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2012 - 11:24AM #6
BDboy

>>>>>> Nope same sex marriage has nothing to do with this. Just too many perverts everywhere.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2012 - 2:53PM #7
Fodaoson

is this a result of same sex marriage?    I was being sarcastic/ facetious to those “same sex ;marriage is destroying everything. posters   Of course it is  perversion and it seems that  Heterosexual males are  targeting young  boys. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2012 - 11:31PM #8
Amycain

no kiddin I'm sure we'll be hearing that crap from those opposed to SSM, but it seems there are, as someone mentioned, pedophiles of both varieties just like people some for same sex and some for opposite, the difference is, pedophiles are sick people, and should be put away where they can't touch children of the same or opposite sex!!!

Jun 23, 2012 -- 2:53PM, Fodaoson wrote:

is this a result of same sex marriage?    I was being sarcastic/ facetious to those “same sex ;marriage is destroying everything. posters   Of course it is  perversion and it seems that  Heterosexual males are  targeting young  boys. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 24, 2012 - 2:54AM #9
Merope

Jun 23, 2012 -- 2:53PM, Fodaoson wrote:

Okie doke :-)  Thanks for the clarification.

Well, as regards clergy sexual abuse in the Roman Catholic Church in the United States, this 2011 report by the John Jay College of Criminal Justice addresses - with no one clear answer - the issue of heterosexual male sexual abuse of young boys.  This article very briefly addresses things that were found not to be causative factors in the abuse.

Merope | Beliefnet Community Manager
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 24, 2012 - 6:06AM #10
Estacia

Really? come on. It's a sick, sick in the head problem! has nothing to do w/ gay marriage!!! it's  like rape when it is about control and power. It's not even about attraction.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 5  •  1 2 3 4 5 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook