Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4
Switch to Forum Live View No iPad for you! Apple discriminating against Iranian-born Americans?
2 years ago  ::  Jun 25, 2012 - 10:38AM #31
Erey

Jun 24, 2012 -- 4:00AM, BDboy wrote:

Jun 21, 2012 -- 8:03PM, Erey wrote:

Dat's crazy!  But I want to know how did the vendor of said Apple computers know that the customer was Iranian-American?  I mean farsi is not a language that most americans can accurately identify when they hear it spoken.

>>>>>>>> I read one "Version" of the story saying, the customer said, "I am from Iran".

IF this is the case, then I see nothing wrong done by the sales person. Since US laws and policies drive what Apple can or cannot do, I cannot blame them for following the law of the land.

The law itself (i-pad related) is a little unclear. Since it is a consumer product not military product of any kind. Maybe the law is a little out of date.

Thank you that is interesting.  My next foray of thought goes to how many Apple employes/Vendors of Apple products are really up on these laws?  I can see an exporting company knowing but not your typical walk-up retailer.

The trend is among Iranian born folks living here in the US is that they are US citizens.  Because we don't really give visas to Iranian citizens as we might to other nationals.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 25, 2012 - 4:16PM #32
BDboy

Jun 24, 2012 -- 3:04PM, mountain_man wrote:

Jun 24, 2012 -- 2:09PM, BDboy wrote:

Well with such outdated laws puts American companies in a tough spots. As I said, i-pad is a low end consumer product and if Apple is not allowed to sell it, there are tons of vendors all over the globe who will.

Apple, and others, are not having any troubles money wise. Since their products are not made in the USA they are just exported to Iran from elsewhere.

Well, as far as I know Iran did not attack the US. So don't know why America is so worried about Iran? But again I know what common news services "Serves" us. I am not an expert on Iran but this is my two cents.....

Many are worried about Iran because our paid friend, Israel, tells them to. I have absolutely no doubt what so ever that if we stopped sending Israel over $3 BILLION per year that they would no longer be our "friend."

Gee.... how many new schools could we build for $3 billion/year. How many teachers could we pay with $3 billion/year. Why are we giving it to Israel?

>>>>>> Good point.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 25, 2012 - 4:49PM #33
mountain_man

The answer is 60,000.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 25, 2012 - 10:50PM #34
arielg

The teenager was probably an Iranian spy, buying  iPads to build  nuclear weapons.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook