Page 1 of 20  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 20 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Kardashian's Python Skin Boots
3 years ago  ::  Jun 21, 2012 - 12:31AM #1
solfeggio
Kim Kardashian, of the imbecilic Kardashian women (who are famouse for being famous and nothing else) has got herself in the news again for wearing $5495 thigh-high Christian Louboutin boots made out of python skin whilst strolling in Paris.

zeenews.india.com/entertainment/celebrit...

As might be expected, PeTA has criticised her choice.  And with good reason.  In order to make handbags, boots, and belts, the snakes are nailed to trees or posts and skinned alive.  The skin is easier to remove if the animal is still warm.  The mutilated bodies are discarded and left to die, which could take hours.

I do wonder why PeTA aren't hitting on Christian Louboutin for making the boots in the first place. 

This sort of thing is right down there with fur farms and puppy mills. 

www.youtube.com/verify_age?next_url=/wat...

Interestingly enough, python skin boots are banned in Kardashian's home state of California.

law.onecle.com/california/penal/653o.htm...

Now, I don't care whether somebody likes PeTA or not, killing members of our fellow species to make fashion accessories is vile.  Any industry that does this is barbaric. 

However, in the past, stupid little Kim has always shown a blatant disregard for anybody else's opinions, so it is doubtful she'll take any heed of what PeTA says.

And, I've got to say that paying more than $5000 for a pair of boots absolutely astounds me!  Anybody who does this has got more dollars than sense.     

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 21, 2012 - 2:43AM #2
arielg

The lack of empathy humans have for other sentient beings and their suffering is astounding.  But then again, a lot of people have the same indifference to other humans, if they belong to another tribe,  nation, race, sect, ideology or whatever. (Or even another sports team)

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 21, 2012 - 7:37AM #3
BDboy

Jun 21, 2012 -- 12:31AM, solfeggio wrote:

Kim Kardashian, of the imbecilic Kardashian women (who are famouse for being famous and nothing else) has got herself in the news again for wearing $5495 thigh-high Christian Louboutin boots made out of python skin whilst strolling in Paris.

zeenews.india.com/entertainment/celebrit...

As might be expected, PeTA has criticised her choice.  And with good reason.  In order to make handbags, boots, and belts, the snakes are nailed to trees or posts and skinned alive.  The skin is easier to remove if the animal is still warm.  The mutilated bodies are discarded and left to die, which could take hours.

I do wonder why PeTA aren't hitting on Christian Louboutin for making the boots in the first place. 

This sort of thing is right down there with fur farms and puppy mills. 

www.youtube.com/verify_age?next_url=/wat...

Interestingly enough, python skin boots are banned in Kardashian's home state of California.

Now, I don't care whether somebody likes PeTA or not, killing members of our fellow species to make fashion accessories is vile.  Any industry that does this is barbaric. 

However, in the past, stupid little Kim has always shown a blatant disregard for anybody else's opinions, so it is doubtful she'll take any heed of what PeTA says.

And, I've got to say that paying more than $5000 for a pair of boots absolutely astounds me!  Anybody who does this has got more dollars than sense.     

>>>>>>>> Peta cannot fight the brand "Kim Kardashian" so they picked the maker only. Kim has a lot of followers (Don't know why!) and maybe some of them contributes to Peta as well.

I fully agree that, in this day and age we should not tolerate people who support killing of "members of our fellow species to make fashion accessories".

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 21, 2012 - 10:26AM #4
mytmouse57

If she had caught the snake herself, and killed it with her bare hands, I might be impressed.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 21, 2012 - 1:30PM #5
mindis1

Jun 21, 2012 -- 12:31AM, solfeggio wrote:

This is apparently the only law in the country that bans the commercial importation, commercial possession, and selling of dead animal bodies, parts or products of non-endangered species. California is generally on the forefront of such animal-protection laws. Hopefully the rest of the country will follow.

BTW, I noticed that the maximum fine for violating California’s law is less than the price of Kardashian’s boots. I hope she trips in her boots and breaks her nose.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 21, 2012 - 1:50PM #6
TemplarS

Well, if it focuses some attention on this absurd and horrible practice, maybe something useful  will finally come out of something this otherwise useless woman has done.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 21, 2012 - 3:30PM #7
rabello

I imagine there will always be human beings willing to do horrible things to animals -- like nail them to a tree and skin them alive -- in return for filthy lucre.   Some of the programing on even Animal Planet is vile, show-casing some of these brutes and what they are willing to do.  There will always be vain women like ugly Kim that people like this designer with the first name of "Christian" willing to cater to the vanities.   PETA should go after both and I hope they do.   The filthy rich -- and I'm sure this Christian designer is one of them -- don't have to listen to anybody, though.

Black Lives Matter
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 21, 2012 - 3:35PM #8
mainecaptain

Jun 21, 2012 -- 3:30PM, rabello wrote:

I imagine there will always be human beings willing to do horrible things to animals -- like nail them to a tree and skin them alive -- in return for filthy lucre.   Some of the programing on even Animal Planet is vile, show-casing some of these brutes and what they are willing to do.  There will always be vain women like ugly Kim that people like this designer with the first name of "Christian" willing to cater to the vanities.   PETA should go after both and I hope they do.   The filthy rich -- and I'm sure this Christian designer is one of them -- don't have to listen to anybody, though.

I used to think television  station animal planet was an advocate and educator for animals. Like when they used to show animal cops and such. Now they are disgusting most of the time.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 21, 2012 - 4:23PM #9
jane2

Jun 21, 2012 -- 3:35PM, mainecaptain wrote:

Jun 21, 2012 -- 3:30PM, rabello wrote:

I used to think television  station animal planet was an advocate and educator for animals. Like when they used to show animal cops and such. Now they are disgusting most of the time.

MC, I've noticed that, too.

discuss catholicism
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 21, 2012 - 4:48PM #10
Roodog

Too bad the snake was not alive to kill the hussy in self defense.Frown

For those who have faith, no explanation is neccessary.
For those who have no faith, no explanation is possible.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 20  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 20 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook