Page 1 of 5  •  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Switch to Forum Live View "The Private Sector Is Doing Fine"
2 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2012 - 10:44AM #1
voice-crying
If you don't believe me just ask: Bill Gates; Warren Buffett; Mark Zuckerberg; Sergey Brin; Larry Page; Bob Stiller; Bob Parsons; Howard Schultz; Dan Gilbert.........................and the list goes on and on. When I get back from Switzerland I might have another name to add...maybe the real number 10 (ROTFL).

I just don't feel like typing 400 namesMoney Mouth
"Death and life [are] in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof."Proverbs 18:21
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2012 - 11:11AM #2
teilhard

Yes ... The already Ultra-Wealthy are getting wealthier still, what's left of The Middle-Class is muddling along, and The Poor are getting-by any Way they can ...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2012 - 12:00PM #3
voice-crying

Jun 16, 2012 -- 11:11AM, teilhard wrote:

Yes ... The already Ultra-Wealthy are getting wealthier still, what's left of The Middle-Class is muddling along, and The Poor are getting-by any Way they can ...

True, and all it takes to fix the problem is a vote in the house and senateCry

"Death and life [are] in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof."Proverbs 18:21
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2012 - 12:07PM #4
catboxer

It depends on which part of the private sector you're talking about.

Don't forget, Joe's Barber Shop is part of the private sector too. And I heard Joe ain't doin too good.

Adepto vestri stercore simul.ttr
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2012 - 12:13PM #5
voice-crying

The private sector is like a Monarchy: there are those on top and the rest of the people are their subjects. It's like a slave master and his slaves. What the private sector has done over the years was to eliminate the unions so that those on top have full power. Yes...the private sector is still doing fine and one worker is doing the job that three used to do. It makes me sick when the "right" runs that add over and over again...they might as well add a picture of them with money falling out of their pockets.

FINE FINE FINESurprised

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2012 - 12:17PM #6
voice-crying

Jun 16, 2012 -- 12:07PM, catboxer wrote:

It depends on which part of the private sector you're talking about.

Don't forget, Joe's Barber Shop is part of the private sector too. And I heard Joe ain't doin too good.

That's because regular Joe can't afford to go the barbershop, because he's making minimum wage. Barber Joe will have to close up shop.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 17, 2012 - 10:40AM #7
voice-crying

Now that I understand what it means to work in the "private sector." I'd be afraid to do it again (if I weren't already retired). It means: put the money in the owners pocket.

Whereas public sector workers are working for the good of the community/country. No one is trying to get rich quick. 

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_sector

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 17, 2012 - 1:12PM #8
Fodaoson

Jun 17, 2012 -- 10:40AM, voice-crying wrote:

Now that I understand what it means to work in the "private sector." I'd be afraid to do it again (if I weren't already retired). It means: put the money in the owners pocket.

Whereas public sector workers are working for the good of the community/country. No one is trying to get rich quick. 

The private sector jobs are growing, slowly, in number and wages but growing. The Public sector is shrinking. States, cities, counties are laying off and not hiring.  Even  the federal government hiring is nr stagnation, the military is cutting back.  
That was the point.

“I seldom make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect.” Edward Gibbon
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 17, 2012 - 1:37PM #9
voice-crying

Jun 17, 2012 -- 1:12PM, Fodaoson wrote:

Jun 17, 2012 -- 10:40AM, voice-crying wrote:

The private sector jobs are growing, slowly, in number and wages but growing.

I think there's a BIG difference between the private sector business owners and the private sector workers.

Jun 17, 2012 -- 1:12PM, Fodaoson wrote:

The Public sector is shrinking. States, cities, counties are laying off and not hiring.  Even  the federal government hiring is nr stagnation, the military is cutting back.  
That was the point.

The public sector jobs are shrinking because the republican governors are making them shrink for political reasons (only). We don't need less, teachers, fire fighters and cops.

What if large corps began to hire tomorrow! The money grubbers are never going to pay fair wages again unless they are forced to by our government...and that is sad.

With a republican in the whitehouse the military WOULD increase tenfold because the reps love to send other peoples children into battle.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 17, 2012 - 7:58PM #10
Fodaoson

Yes some State spending reductions are for political reasons but many are because of the recession.  The local and state revenues are down. Those smaller revenues do not occur simultaneously recessions, there are lag times. State jobs are public sectors; The private sector is beginning to slowly recover.  The jobs needed to recover will not come from large corporations but from the local business and services as demand increases.

The president and government can do little to created private jobs     

p.s. Most posters demonstrate little understanding of how an economic system works

“I seldom make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect.” Edward Gibbon
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 5  •  1 2 3 4 5 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook