Switch to Forum Live View New rules make it harder to get unemployment benefits
2 years ago  ::  Jun 15, 2012 - 6:14PM #1
Druac
money.cnn.com/2012/06/15/news/economy/un...

ABOUT FREAKING TIME! Is my honest opinion on this one.

WTF?...this is how it should have ALWAYS been!

Previously some states, like Ohio for instance, did spot-checks, but are now requiring regular submission of job search efforts. Other states, such as New Hampshire, collected the information electronically but must now tell claimants to bring paper records to their assessment meeting.

And they are suprised at the turn-out rate for these face-to-face meetings!?!?! Those not showing up are those playing the system...CUT THEM OFF!

Jesus Is My Savior...He Saves Me From REALITY!
---------------------------------------------
We created god in our own image and likeness!
[George Carlin]
---------------------------------------------
"Reason & Logic" - A Damn Good Slogan!
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 15, 2012 - 6:29PM #2
Girlchristian

I agree with the new rules as well.

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." George Chakiris

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.” Stuart Chase
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 15, 2012 - 11:25PM #3
MMarcoe

These programs should also require some mandatory job training and mandatory volunteering.

There are three sides to every story: your side, my side, and the truth.

God is just a personification of reality, of pure objectivity.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2012 - 2:38AM #4
nnsecu

Jun 15, 2012 -- 11:25PM, MMarcoe wrote:

These programs should also require some mandatory job training and mandatory volunteering.

I would also say there should be a mandatory drug test.  Simply because most jobs require that in the employment process.  There are 2 types of folks who claim unemployment benefits on one hand we have people that are actually looking to rejoin the workforce and continue to be productive members of society, second we have folks who will milk the system and collect every penny they can to simply sit around the house watching TV.  I personally was on unemployment assistance for a few months and thank god it was their to feed my kids.  I hated every day that i could not get up and go to work and had to suck up my pride and take a job that i hated until i found better work that i could be proud of.  in my state they call randomly the people you apply for and will cut you off if they catch you trying to cheat the system.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 17, 2012 - 8:45AM #5
Ironhold

Jun 15, 2012 -- 11:25PM, MMarcoe wrote:

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (also known as the Mormons) actually has it that if a person seeks welfare assistance from the church then their minister has the right to require volunteer work from the person in exchange; usually this is stuff like "cleaning the building in lieu of a janitor" or "stocking shelves at the food storage center".

Not only is the person on their feet and working, these are usually jobs that a person can put on a resume, making it that much easier for them to get paying work later.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook