Page 42 of 42  •  Prev 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42
Switch to Forum Live View Was America Always a Christian Nation?
3 months ago  ::  Jan 25, 2014 - 1:19AM #411
JohnQ

Oct 11, 2013 -- 4:14PM, TPaine wrote:

Oct 10, 2013 -- 2:59PM, theinterpreter wrote:

Oct 9, 2013 -- 12:10PM, TPaine wrote:

Oct 7, 2013 -- 7:09PM, amcolph wrote:

What about Congress?  Does it have to be all Christian, too? At present, it contains 39 Jews, 3 Buddhists and 2 Muslims.

Frankly, I don't care what religion, if any, a member of Congress follows. What matters is how well he or she represents his or her constituents regardless of his or her age, disability, gender, ethnicity, race, religion, or sexual orientation.

Suit yourself, but I will only vote for a Christian. And most Christians are like me.

I hate to break it to you Barry, but most Christians are not religious bigots.

+1

Peace!                 
------

Christian LIES wed Christian HATE......Begot a child....it’s named Prop 8! 

Supreme Court let it stand.....which means we can vote away the rights of others in our land.

Sad as that may be...it hurts all of us.....not just me.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 months ago  ::  Jan 26, 2014 - 12:23PM #412
Do_unto_others

Jan 21, 2014 -- 6:17PM, theinterpreter wrote:

Oct 13, 2013 -- 12:01PM, Do_unto_others wrote:

I will only vote for a Christian. And most Christians are like me.

Observably false. Thank "god".

Wrong. Many Christians would not even vote for Romney, a Mormon

Mormonism is a branch of Christianity.

The only "Christians" that wouldn't vote for someone based on their belief that a member of the Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter Day Saints is NOT a "Christian" was never a "Christian" to begin with. They're just an ill-informed voter.

And of course, the myriad other reasons not to vote For Rmoney finally sunk in to the electorate. I suspect they didn't vote for him because they'd never know WHICH VERSION of Mint they'd get.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 months ago  ::  Jan 28, 2014 - 6:07AM #413
Caliwebman

I would have to say No. I would venture to answer in the same way if you asked if ours was a Christian nation today, No. Here is why:

Zodiacs of Our Nation’s Capital

There are 23 zodiacs in public government buildings in Washington, D.C. and many more on monuments and room interiors. The National Academy of Science has a wonderful statue of Albert Einstein overlooking a granite horoscope of the actual chart for the statue’s dedication ceremony on April 22, 1979. The Academy building also has twelve bronze stylized zodiacal characters on the south entrance hall door.

Astrological motifs appear in the Library of Congress on a clock, painted tondos (a round painting or relief) on the ceiling and a splendid marble floor in the great hall.

The Federal Reserve Board building has a beautiful 1937 Steuben glass ceiling lamp depicting the zodiac, including a version of Virgo as the Virgin Mary.

President Garfield’s memorial statue has both astrological signs and planets on the pedestal. The Mellon Memorial fountain’s rim is decorated with all twelve signs, and the Dirksen Senate office building’s interior features zodiacal characters.

The first astrological reference in the capital was the Car of History, sculpted in 1819 for the Statuary Hall. Images of Sagittarius, Capricorn and Aquarius appear on the front of the winged chariot.

SOURCE - Marcia Masino

Love & Light,

Scott

PICTURE SOURCE HERE

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 months ago  ::  Jan 28, 2014 - 10:41AM #414
theinterpreter

Jan 26, 2014 -- 12:23PM, Do_unto_others wrote:

The only "Christians" that wouldn't vote for someone based on their belief that a member of the Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter Day Saints is NOT a "Christian" was never a "Christian" to begin with. They're just an ill-informed voter.

And of course, the myriad other reasons not to vote For Rmoney finally sunk in to the electorate. I suspect they didn't vote for him because they'd never know WHICH VERSION of Mint they'd get.

I didn't vote for Romney because he is a global warming denier. Global warming is last plague #4.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 months ago  ::  Feb 01, 2014 - 7:28PM #415
TPaine

Jan 28, 2014 -- 10:41AM, theinterpreter wrote:

I didn't vote for Romney because he is a global warming denier. Global warming is last plague #4.

The problem with Romney was that you never knew what he actually believed. He wasn't called an Etch-A-Sketch for nothing.

"When it shall be said in any country in the world, my poor are happy; neither ignorance nor distress is to be found among them; my jails are empty of prisoners, my streets of beggars; the aged are not in want, the taxes are not oppressive; the rational world is my friend, because I am a friend of its happiness: When these things can be said, then may the country boast its constitution and its government." -- Thomas Paine: The Rights Of Man (1791)
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 months ago  ::  Feb 03, 2014 - 11:56AM #416
Do_unto_others

Jan 28, 2014 -- 10:41AM, theinterpreter wrote:

Jan 26, 2014 -- 12:23PM, Do_unto_others wrote:

This negates your earlier claim that "most Christians are like" you. Most (American) "Christians" deny global warming even exists.

It also doesn't refute MY claim that Mormonism is a branch of Christianity.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 months ago  ::  Feb 09, 2014 - 11:12PM #417
Amycain

this country was founded on separation of church and state so no it is a nation of religious freedom, that was teh intention.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 42 of 42  •  Prev 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook