Page 3 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Switch to Forum Live View PC Liberals Strike Again
2 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2012 - 10:11PM #21
mountain_man

Jun 16, 2012 -- 3:38PM, Marcion wrote:

I see no difference between the liberal pc thought police and the Gestapo.

Duh! Of course you need to make such a connection. That way you don't have to look at the whole countenance, the whole being, of the Regressive movement. If you ever did you'd see they read Mein Kampf and have implemented much of what Goering wrote about. That's why you react so violently against anyone that doesn't march in goose step.

It's a classic case of pointing at someone so no one looks at you and what you are doing. As long as the Regressives whine about Progressives no one will look at the chaos, the 2 layered plutocracy, that the Regressives want to install.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2012 - 10:16PM #22
MysticWanderer

Then let me help clarify the distinction.

Gestapo: The force of the law and the state

"Liberal PC thought police": At best some FCC regulations, more often public opinion

Gestapo: The ability to seize anyone in the middle of the night (or any convenient time), torture and even kill

"Liberal PC thought police":Possibly get someone fired from a plush job at best.

Gestapo: The ability to seize a business, destroy or seize its goods as well as arrest the owner, or not.

"Liberal PC thought police":Boycott things they find offensive and sponsors of things they find offensive, just like conservative groups do.

Overall I see little if any comparison between the Geheimnis Staats Polizei (Gestapo) and "Liberal PC thought police".

"Not all who wander are lost" J.R.R.Tolkein
You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do. ~Anne Lamott
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain."
Friedrich von Schiller
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 17, 2012 - 10:00AM #23
shmuelgoldstein

Jun 13, 2012 -- 12:08PM, Marcion wrote:

The liberal imbeciles won't rest until they strip us of all ourbasic rights as Americans.

www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/don-rickl...

Rickles Obama joke is pablum compared to some of his other barbs at past presidents such as on the Dean Martin roasts, but again, they weren't black. 

Rickles is merciless with everyone. No one is off limits to him, even his own ethnic background.

Oh, it's Rated R to be sure, not question about it. But to edit Rickles - you might as well not air anything he says at all.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 17, 2012 - 11:01AM #24
mountain_man

This is a perfect example of Regressive hypocrisy. They whine about a has been comic allegedly being censored but turn around and censor a Michigan woman for using the word 'vagina' in a debate on woman's health issues. How can anyone take these people seriously?

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 17, 2012 - 11:36AM #25
sydneymoon

Jun 17, 2012 -- 11:01AM, mountain_man wrote:

This is a perfect example of Regressive hypocrisy. They whine about a has been comic allegedly being censored but turn around and censor a Michigan woman for using the word 'vagina' in a debate on woman's health issues. How can anyone take these people seriously?

Precisely

Margaret Mead: "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 17, 2012 - 4:51PM #26
Marcion

Jun 16, 2012 -- 5:13PM, Abner1 wrote:

Marcion wrote:

> I see no difference between the liberal pc thought police and the Gestapo.

Clearly the Holocaust was just as immoral as editing out a comedian's joke due to time limitations.

This explains how the Republicans can regard Obama as being worse than Stalin and Hitler ...

Also why the Jews won't admit that an equal amount of non-Jews were killed in the death camps by the nazis; it dilutes the sympathy card.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 17, 2012 - 4:53PM #27
Marcion

Jun 16, 2012 -- 10:16PM, MysticWanderer wrote:

Then let me help clarify the distinction.

Gestapo: The force of the law and the state

"Liberal PC thought police": At best some FCC regulations, more often public opinion

Gestapo: The ability to seize anyone in the middle of the night (or any convenient time), torture and even kill

"Liberal PC thought police":Possibly get someone fired from a plush job at best.

Gestapo: The ability to seize a business, destroy or seize its goods as well as arrest the owner, or not.

"Liberal PC thought police":Boycott things they find offensive and sponsors of things they find offensive, just like conservative groups do.

Overall I see little if any comparison between the Geheimnis Staats Polizei (Gestapo) and "Liberal PC thought police".

Nice to see you can read a dictionary; so do you want a cookie?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 17, 2012 - 5:09PM #28
Abner1

Marcion wrote:

>>> I see no difference between the liberal pc thought police and the Gestapo.

Abner1 wrote:

>> Clearly the Holocaust was just as immoral as editing out a comedian's joke

>> due to time limitations.  This explains how the Republicans can regard Obama

>> as being worse than Stalin and Hitler ...

Marcion wrote:

> Also why the Jews won't admit that an equal amount of non-Jews were killed

> in the death camps by the nazis; it dilutes the sympathy card.

'The Holocaust' often refers to everyone killed by the Nazis in their death camps.  I didn't say anything about just Jews dying during the Holocaust - or about Jews at all, for that matter.  I just pointed out the insanity of morally equating a comedian's joke being left out (according to him, due to time limitations) with the murderous actions of the Nazis.

You don't see any difference between editing a joke due to time limits and mass murder; I do.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 17, 2012 - 8:52PM #29
mountain_man

Jun 17, 2012 -- 4:51PM, Marcion wrote:

Also why the Jews won't admit that an equal amount of non-Jews were killed in the death camps by the nazis; it dilutes the sympathy card.

Ah, as was expected; antisemitism. "The Jews" do recognize that others were exterminated by the group that today's Republicans have patterned themselves after.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 17, 2012 - 10:59PM #30
Roodog

Jun 13, 2012 -- 10:34PM, CharikIeia wrote:

Jun 13, 2012 -- 9:21PM, Roodog wrote:

We are all family, just some relatives are closer than the others.

It is not appropriate for white people to tell jokes about blacks and vice versa.

Hence, keeping family jokes in the family.

So, if you're inclusive enough and consider everyone family, you may tell the jokes?

Or are you forbidden to be inclusive and consider blacks family, if you're white?

Or are you forbidden to have humour, if you refuse to be defined by skin colour group?

The stance doesn't make much sense, if you think about it...

Chari,
You're a German Citizen and I am German American.  We can laugh at the foibles of Kultur  because they are our foibles. However it is not appropriate to make our Polish neighbors the butt of jokes.

Historically, such humor has served to desensitize ourselves to their needs and their rights.

For those who have faith, no explanation is neccessary.
For those who have no faith, no explanation is possible.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook