Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 4 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Switch to Forum Live View PC Liberals Strike Again
5 years ago  ::  Jun 18, 2012 - 4:36PM #31
wohali

Marcion:

"Also why the Jews won't admit that an equal amount of non-Jews were killed in the death camps by the nazis; it dilutes the sympathy card"

I've yet to find any Jews discussing the Shoah deny that non-Jews also perished.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 18, 2012 - 7:36PM #32
mountain_man

Jun 18, 2012 -- 4:36PM, wohali wrote:

I've yet to find any Jews discussing the Shoah deny that non-Jews also perished.

And you never will. He just made that up as most antisemites make things up.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.   Isaac Asimov
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 18, 2012 - 7:44PM #33
Ebon

Nor I. In fact, I've found that Jewish people tend to be more aware than most of the Roma that perished.

He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God. ~ Proverbs 14:31

Fiat justitia, ruat caelum

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 19, 2012 - 10:43AM #34
vra

As one who took many groups through the Holocaust Memorial Center near Detroit, the fact that there were other groups that were being exterminated was always covered.  Also, I was training to become a dossan, but had to stop because of a physical injury, and our training included covering other groups, including dealing with why they were being cited for extermination by the NAZI's.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 19, 2012 - 2:16PM #35
MysticWanderer

Jun 17, 2012 -- 4:53PM, Marcion wrote:

Jun 16, 2012 -- 10:16PM, MysticWanderer wrote:

Jun 16, 2012 -- 3:38PM, Marcion wrote:

I see no difference between the liberal pc thought police and the Gestapo.

Then let me help clarify the distinction.

Gestapo: The force of the law and the state

"Liberal PC thought police": At best some FCC regulations, more often public opinion

Gestapo: The ability to seize anyone in the middle of the night (or any convenient time), torture and even kill

"Liberal PC thought police":Possibly get someone fired from a plush job at best.

Gestapo: The ability to seize a business, destroy or seize its goods as well as arrest the owner, or not.

"Liberal PC thought police":Boycott things they find offensive and sponsors of things they find offensive, just like conservative groups do.

Overall I see little if any comparison between the Geheimnis Staats Polizei (Gestapo) and "Liberal PC thought police".

Nice to see you can read a dictionary; so do you want a cookie?

From such as you I want and epect nothing!  I was just pointing out the ABSURDITY and obsceneness of your comparison of a nebulous "Liberal PC thought police" and the very real and criminal Gestapo.  The technigue is simply used by many to throw sand in the eyes of readers of an intelleigent discussion by raising the Nazi card!

"Not all who wander are lost" J.R.R.Tolkein
You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do. ~Anne Lamott
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain."
Friedrich von Schiller
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 19, 2012 - 2:39PM #36
mytmouse57

Jun 13, 2012 -- 11:37PM, Erey wrote:

Jun 13, 2012 -- 4:15PM, arielg wrote:

He is just being  Rickles.  Treating racism as some sort of sacred cow that should not be talked about and  kept secret contributes more to hidden racism than openly mocking it with jokes.  It does more  to difuse the issue that hiding it and pretend it doesn't exist, because it is not mentioned.

Young blacks use "nigger" among themselves  precisely for that reason: to take away  the emotional crap associated with it and diminish it's power to offend. 

I agree with you about the whole sacred cow analogy.  However, I don't really see comparing Obama to a Janitor is racist when you could tell the same joke comparing Bush or Clinton or Regan to a janitor.  In fact it has probably been done a dozen times. 

Showing George Bush as a stupid ape is freedom of expression.  Showing Obama as a monkey is racism.   

The fact is white people, especially liberal white people love nothing more than to call other people racists.  It really rocks their world.  They also love to pontificate if such and such a statement is racist or not.  Really a big hobby for them. 

For me it has cheapened and made useless the entire term or even concept of racism.  If someone suggest in a low voice that so and so is a racist it almost does not reflect poorly on the supposid racist but instead makes me think the accuser is a A-hole. 

What I find hysterical is pampered white liberal reactions to conservative or Republican Blacks. 

It seems to cause a deep sense of anger, for a Black person not acting the way Blacks are "supposed" to act. 

Which, of course, is about as racist as it gets. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 19, 2012 - 2:45PM #37
mytmouse57

Jun 19, 2012 -- 2:16PM, MysticWanderer wrote:

Jun 17, 2012 -- 4:53PM, Marcion wrote:

Jun 16, 2012 -- 10:16PM, MysticWanderer wrote:

Jun 16, 2012 -- 3:38PM, Marcion wrote:

I see no difference between the liberal pc thought police and the Gestapo.

Then let me help clarify the distinction.

Gestapo: The force of the law and the state

"Liberal PC thought police": At best some FCC regulations, more often public opinion

Gestapo: The ability to seize anyone in the middle of the night (or any convenient time), torture and even kill

"Liberal PC thought police":Possibly get someone fired from a plush job at best.

Gestapo: The ability to seize a business, destroy or seize its goods as well as arrest the owner, or not.

"Liberal PC thought police":Boycott things they find offensive and sponsors of things they find offensive, just like conservative groups do.

Overall I see little if any comparison between the Geheimnis Staats Polizei (Gestapo) and "Liberal PC thought police".

Nice to see you can read a dictionary; so do you want a cookie?

From such as you I want and epect nothing!  I was just pointing out the ABSURDITY and obsceneness of your comparison of a nebulous "Liberal PC thought police" and the very real and criminal Gestapo.  The technigue is simply used by many to throw sand in the eyes of readers of an intelleigent discussion by raising the Nazi card!

I think the point he was trying to make is, the PC thought police have the same mentality as the Gestapo. 

You and other posters are mixing that up with the suggestion that they have the same access to the same tools of power the Gestapo had.

Which is irrelevant to the underlying principle. 

And, I would agree, at least in part, with Maricon's statement.

I think the contemporary PC movement is so rife with arrogance and hysteria, there are those -- who although they might not take it as far as killing -- certainly would have no problem locking people up for saying, or thinking, the "wrong" things, if they had the power to do so. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 19, 2012 - 3:08PM #38
mytmouse57

Jun 18, 2012 -- 7:44PM, Ebon wrote:

Nor I. In fact, I've found that Jewish people tend to be more aware than most of the Roma that perished.

IMO, the most often-overlooked victims of the Holocaust were Jehovah's Witnesses.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 19, 2012 - 3:23PM #39
wohali

I think the disabled and Esparantists are the most overlooked victoms of the Nazi Holocaust.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 19, 2012 - 3:35PM #40
mytmouse57

Jun 19, 2012 -- 3:23PM, wohali wrote:

I think the disabled and Esparantists are the most overlooked victoms of the Nazi Holocaust.

The Esparantists, perhaps.

But Hitler and the Nazis' desire to eliminate the physically and mentally disabled remains well known and acknowledged, IMO. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook