2 years ago  ::  Jun 12, 2012 - 1:33AM #1
nnsecu
Amber Lee Ettinger, the girl who made the video about her crush on Obama, has said she is less excited about him this time around.  Now she is simply one person and one opinion, but does this express a view more and more former supporters are feeling now?  It seems more and more people who thought Obama was going to be the answer to all the troubles in America are realizing he is just more of the same hype as any other politician.  Obama brought out record numbers of minorities and youth voters his last go round, if they stay home this time how does this effect his chances?  Personally Idont see nearly as many bumper stickers or signs in the yards as I did in the last election.  The Obama headquarters this year in my town has moved into a building much smaller than before.  It is looking like more and more people are waking up and no longer believe the hype and understand "forward" is for stalling out or maybe even sliding back.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 12, 2012 - 9:40AM #2
costrel

Hero-worship, the cult of personality, and crushes on unattainable and married celebrites -- including politicians -- are never a good thing. Likewise, according to the "3P" rule, a person should never put his or her trust in priests, preachers, or politicians. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 12, 2012 - 9:56AM #3
teilhard

I initially had Misgivings about Barack O'Bama -- his relative Youth and Inexperience ....

But I am now VERY firm in my Support and I will VERY enthusiastically campaign for his Re-Election, as he has shown himself to be ENTRELY capable and on the right Track ...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 12, 2012 - 6:11PM #4
Erey

That crush had nowhere to go but down.  Uggh all the hope and change nonsense. 

I like Obama but I was never sucked into to these extravagant expectations.  Many of my sort of liberal friends who voted for him with such ferver really had a period of disallusionment.  But I don't blame Obama for the end of the honeymoon. 

I still like him and even though I don't agree with his entire agenda or administration I am most comfortable with him going forward.  I suspect that most people feel the same way and he will win in November.  Let's get this over with shall we?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 12, 2012 - 6:14PM #5
Druac

Jun 12, 2012 -- 1:33AM, nnsecu wrote:

It seems more and more people who thought Obama was going to be the answer to all the troubles in America are realizing he is just more of the same hype as any other politician.

ROFL...It is my honest opionion that anyone who actually thought that should stay home, turn off all communication devices, lock the doors and never come out again.

Jesus Is My Savior...He Saves Me From REALITY!
---------------------------------------------
We created god in our own image and likeness!
[George Carlin]
---------------------------------------------
"Reason & Logic" - A Damn Good Slogan!
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 12, 2012 - 6:59PM #6
catboxer

The thrill is gone, the thrill is gone away from me.

--BB King

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrFChQUQihE

Yup.

Adepto vestri stercore simul.ttr
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 13, 2012 - 11:00AM #7
Fodaoson

On BN USN&P , the thrill is gone only for those semi-closeted anti Obama-ites who used “messiah” to create something to  denigrate . Some of us voted for him because of the opinion that he was better candidate than  McCain.  I still hold that opinion.  Obama has proved to be  a better president than most posters will allow for.  He has done what had to be done  even when not his personal preference but was what a President needed to do for the best interest of the country. 

“I seldom make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect.” Edward Gibbon
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 14, 2012 - 8:33PM #8
stitch813

I'm less enthused but am I gonna vote for him again?  Heck yeah!  No question.  I'm hoping he'll have a better second term and Mitt Romney doesn't have a principle in his whole body, when I don't know whether he's a liberal in conservative clothing or a conservative in liberal clothing there aint no way I'm voting for him.  If he could completely change his views on so many different issues just to get elected I don't know how conservatives could vote for him either.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook