Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Woman Assaults, Threatens Boyfriend...
2 years ago  ::  Jun 10, 2012 - 7:40AM #1
Ironhold
...then tries to claim that it wasn't domestic abuse because she's a woman attacking a man.

Something that some of the people who made comments on the article seem to agree with.

Really?

Is that what society's like right now?
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 10, 2012 - 8:50AM #2
BDboy

Soceity has wrong opinions on lot of things. But police did chanrge her for "Domestic abuse". According to me "Rightfully so".

With equal rights comes equal responsibilities.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 10, 2012 - 9:32AM #3
TPaine

Assault is assault and abuse is abuse. The gender of the abuser and the victim is irrelevent.

"The genius of the Constitution rests not in any static meaning it might have had in a world that is dead and gone, but in the adaptability of its great principles to cope with current problems and current needs." -- Justice William Brennan: Speech to the Text and Teaching Symposium at Georgetown University (October 12, 1985)
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 10, 2012 - 1:13PM #4
REteach

Is anybody really surprised that women assault men too?  From what I've heard, the rates may not be dramatically different, it's more a matter of damage.  Heck, there is an old Sinatra song, I wish I were in Love Again:

VERSE

You don't know that I felt good
when we up and parted.
You don't know I knocked on wood
gladly broken-hearted.
Worrying is trought,
I sleep all night
appetite and health restored.
You don't know how muck I'm bored!

REFRAIN 1

The sleepless nights,
the daily fights
the qick toboggan when you reach the heights
I miss the kisses and I miss the bites
I wish I were in love again!

The broken dates,
the endless waits,
the lovely loving and the hateful hates,
the conversations with the flying plates

No more pain
no more strain 
now I'm sane but ...
I would rather be gaga!
The pulled-out fur
of cat and cur
the fine mismating of a him and her
I've learned my lesson, but I wish I were 
in love again!

REFRAIN 2
The furtive sight
the blackened eye,
the words "I'll love you till the day I day"
the self-deception the belives the lie

When love congeals
it soon reveals
the faint aroma of performing seals
the double-crossong ps a pair of heels.

No more care
no despair
I'm all there now
But I'd rather be punch-drunk!
Belive me sir
I much prefer 
the classic battle of a him and her.
I don't like quiet and

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 11, 2012 - 11:25PM #5
MMarcoe

Jun 10, 2012 -- 7:40AM, Ironhold wrote:

...then tries to claim that it wasn't domestic abuse because she's a woman attacking a man.

Something that some of the people who made comments on the article seem to agree with.

Really?

It was probably more so back in the old days, when men wouldn't admit to being hit by a woman.

On the whole, we've improved in this respect over the years. Now women can get in trouble for domestic abuse, too.

1. Extremists think that thinking means agreeing with them.
2. There are three sides to every story: your side, my side, and the truth.
3. God is just a personification of reality, of pure objectivity.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 12, 2012 - 8:31PM #6
mytmouse57

I once had a girlfriend who could get abusive, and even violent.

I was raised by the principle that a man does not raise his hand to a woman.

So, I never did hit her back. I did restrain her a couple of times, to keep her from hitting me.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 13, 2012 - 11:56AM #7
Girlchristian

Really?

This attitude is one of the reasons men feel stuck in abusive relationships. Unlike women, they're not 'allowed' to defend themselves and they're seen as weak if they admit they're being abused.

My mom taught me that if I hit a man I should expect to get hit back as it's not right to use the 'but, I'm a woman" excuse.

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." George Chakiris

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.” Stuart Chase
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 15, 2012 - 12:32PM #8
mytmouse57

Jun 13, 2012 -- 11:56AM, Girlchristian wrote:

Really?

This attitude is one of the reasons men feel stuck in abusive relationships. Unlike women, they're not 'allowed' to defend themselves and they're seen as weak if they admit they're being abused.

My mom taught me that if I hit a man I should expect to get hit back as it's not right to use the 'but, I'm a woman" excuse.

Unless a very slight man is dating a woman on the Olympic rowing team, for exaple, I still stand by the principle that a man does not raise his hand to a woman

As I said in my earlier post, when I did have the misfortune of dating a woman who at times would get violent to the degree of pummeling me, I might take it to a certain point -- but then I would simply restrain her, in order to keep her from striking me again. 

I never, ever, hit back.

In most cases, the difference of size/strenght gives the man the option of restraining the woman in self-defense. 

By and large, I regard men who strike women as worthless turds -- to put it politely. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 15, 2012 - 1:11PM #9
Girlchristian

Jun 15, 2012 -- 12:32PM, mytmouse57 wrote:

Really?

Unless a very slight man is dating a woman on the Olympic rowing team, for exaple, I still stand by the principle that a man does not raise his hand to a woman

As I said in my earlier post, when I did have the misfortune of dating a woman who at times would get violent to the degree of pummeling me, I might take it to a certain point -- but then I would simply restrain her, in order to keep her from striking me again. 

I never, ever, hit back.

In most cases, the difference of size/strenght gives the man the option of restraining the woman in self-defense. 

By and large, I regard men who strike women as worthless turds -- to put it politely. 

Oh, I absolutely agree. I just also have zero respect for women that hit men and then play the 'I'm a woman and you have to just take it' card.

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." George Chakiris

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.” Stuart Chase
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 15, 2012 - 1:41PM #10
mytmouse57

Jun 15, 2012 -- 1:11PM, Girlchristian wrote:

Jun 15, 2012 -- 12:32PM, mytmouse57 wrote:

Really?

I never, ever, hit back.

Oh, I absolutely agree. I just also have zero respect for women that hit men and then play the 'I'm a woman and you have to just take it' card.

I agree with you there. A man should not have to take it. 

As I said, in most cases, a man will be significantly stronger than his girlfriend/wife, simply restraining her will be a viable option for him. It was for me. Resorting to hitting her back would have been inexcusable. 

Whereas with most women, restraining her attacker will not be an option for an abusive, boyfriend/husband.

But, in some cases, the woman might be stronger than the man. I would say in that case, he would be justified to hit back in self-defense, if she becomes physically abusive. 

I can think of one woman -- who attends the gym I work out in -- who could probaby put about 85 percent of men through a wall with ease. Fortunately, she's a very nice person. :)

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook