Switch to Forum Live View Cops: Woman shoplifted and cooked meth inside Walmart
2 years ago  ::  Jun 09, 2012 - 7:33PM #1
Estacia

Methamphetamine crystals are pictured along with a pipe. 

By Associated Press

A woman in St. Louis, Mo. was arrested this week after police said she was caught shoplifting and cooking a small amount of  methamphetamine inside a Walmart, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports.

The chemical concoction was found inside a soda bottle in the woman's purse after a Walmart employee confronted her about stealing cosmetics from the store.

Later the store's security and police discovered a 20-ounce bottle containing the drug. The Walmart was then evacuated. No one was injured.

The trend of cooking small quantities of meth for personal use--referred to as "one-pot" batches-- is on the rise, the paper reports.

"There are lots of one-pot cooks," St. Louis County police Lt. Mark Cox told the paper. "But taking it into Walmart is very unusual."

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 09, 2012 - 8:53PM #2
REteach

Something to add to The People of Walmart.  I'm sure they are thrilled.  

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 10, 2012 - 3:36AM #3
chevy956

Rednecks and chemistry should remain seperate from each other. The inbred who was caught cooking the stuff in her purse was lucky it didn't blow up and land her in the hospital with 3rd degree caustic burns.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 10, 2012 - 1:54PM #4
mainecaptain

Jun 9, 2012 -- 8:53PM, REteach wrote:

What is it about walmart that attracts people like this? Yikes

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 10, 2012 - 2:44PM #5
Estacia

Jun 10, 2012 -- 1:54PM, mainecaptain wrote:

Jun 9, 2012 -- 8:53PM, REteach wrote:

Check out www.peopleofwalmart.com
What is it about walmart that attracts people like this? Yikes

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 10, 2012 - 7:12PM #6
DotNotInOz

Mega-WHEW! Sure glad that Wally World wasn't anywhere near the ones where I sometimes shop. Thankfully, Mehlville, MO is about 35 miles from us.

There are a LOT of meth cookers in Missouri. It's a huge problem for the state because there are so many isolated wooded areas where you can build a shack and cook the stuff pretty much undetected for a looooong time if you're at all cautious.

I recall a story a year or so ago about a bunch of Missouri idiots in a mobile home park who had a sizable meth lab going when they got busted. Police said a bunch of innocent people could have been killed had that thing blown, and we hear stories every so often about whole families ending up in burn units because some idiot was cooking meth in the house or garage.

It's a real pain to buy decongestants as a result. You have to have a prescription to get over-the-counter ones in a probably futile attempt by the state to make acquiring the ingredients for meth more challenging.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 10, 2012 - 9:54PM #7
Estacia

About 2 months ago a meth lab was being ran in a NURSING HOME! In an empty room. It killed the culprit and six others.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook