Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Mom drives off w/ baby on top of car.
2 years ago  ::  Jun 04, 2012 - 4:33AM #1
Estacia

PHOENIX–A 19-year-old mother is under arrest on child abuse and aggravated DUI charges after police say she left her five-week-old baby strapped in a car seat on top of her car and drove off.

The child is said to be in good condition and now in custody of Arizona Child Protective Services.

At about 1 a.m. Saturday, Phoenix police officers got calls that a baby was in a car seat in the middle of a road.

Phoenix Fire Department officials found the baby and took him to a local hospital. He was "perfectly OK," said Officer James Holmes, spokesman for Phoenix police.

Holmes said the mother, Catalina Clauser, had apparently been smoking marijuana late Friday night at a nearby park with her boyfriend. At about 11 p.m. they left the park to buy some beer. The boyfriend was arrested on aggravated DUI charges while on the way, Holmes said.

An upset Clauser then reportedly went to a friend's house where, she admitted, she smoked more marijuana, Holmes said. By midnight, Clauser left the house with the baby asleep in the car seat.

She realized the baby was missing when she reached home. That's when Clauser called her friends and asked them to trace the route she had taken. The friends ran into the officers who had already found the baby. Clauser arrived there shortly thereafter and was arrested, Holmes said.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 04, 2012 - 12:09PM #2
teilhard

Maybe it's a Rich Republican Thing ... ??? Mitt Romeny once drove to Toronto with the family Dog strapped to the Roof of the Car ...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 04, 2012 - 1:10PM #3
Estacia

Dought it. I live in the next city over from where she dropped her baby in the road.

The mom is a 19yr old Pot head w/ bright pink hair. Far from rich republican.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 04, 2012 - 1:23PM #4
Thetwofish

Great...now all the pot smokers will be vilified because of one underage idiot.

I have smoked practically all my adult life...and I NEVER left either of my kids on the roof of my car...Innocent

Peace

<'{{><

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 04, 2012 - 4:21PM #5
Cesmom

What amazes me is that there are so many pot smokers out there who don't acknowledge that this is a mind-altering drug and you shouldn't be driving (or trying to take care of children) while under the influence of a mind altering drug.  Geez...it's a no brainer I would think.  

Our need to learn should always outweigh our need to be right

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

More people would learn from their mistakes if they weren't so busy denying them.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 04, 2012 - 4:28PM #6
teilhard

Who says "Republicans" DON'T "smoke 'Pot'" ... ??? (OTOH, was Mitt Romney "high" when he drove to Toronto with 'Fido' on top of the Family Wagon ... ???  Who knew ... ???)

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 04, 2012 - 8:38PM #7
Thetwofish

Jun 4, 2012 -- 4:21PM, Cesmom wrote:

What amazes me is that there are so many pot smokers out there who don't acknowledge that this is a mind-altering drug and you shouldn't be driving (or trying to take care of children) while under the influence of a mind altering drug.  Geez...it's a no brainer I would think.  

Have you ever smoked it?  It doesn't make one go skidzo...it relaxes you.  You don't lose your senses like you do when you drink too much.  My kids were never in danger due to my marijuana use.

One of my longstanding jokes is that it saved their lives on a few occasions.  LOL!

They are now 22 and 28 and wonderful people.

Peace

<'{{><

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 04, 2012 - 8:39PM #8
IreneAdler

“Mom? Do you remember the time when you were so high you drove off with me in a car seat perched on top of the car? And then, when you eventually realized I was missing, instead of going out to find me yourself, you sent your friends out instead.  Do you remember all that?  Well, that’s been on my mind quite a bit lately.  Can’t understand how anyone could be that uncaring and irresponsible.   

So now that it’s time to find a nursing home for you….”

Irene.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 04, 2012 - 8:44PM #9
Cesmom

Jun 4, 2012 -- 8:38PM, Thetwofish wrote:

Jun 4, 2012 -- 4:21PM, Cesmom wrote:

Have you ever smoked it?  It doesn't make one go skidzo...it relaxes you.  You don't lose your senses like you do when you drink too much.  My kids were never in danger due to my marijuana use.

One of my longstanding jokes is that it saved their lives on a few occasions.  LOL!

They are now 22 and 28 and wonderful people.

Peace

<'{{><

Yes, I have, and yes, I realize it doesn't make one go 'skidzo'.  It does, however, have a mind altering affect.  I wouldn't drive on mind altering prescription drugs, either.  I wouldn't compare it to being falling down drunk, but I would compare it to having a buzz from alcohol.  I wouldn't drive with a buzz.  It would be irresponsible.  I wouldn't try to care for an infant with a buzz either.  It would be irresponsible.  It's not complicated.

Our need to learn should always outweigh our need to be right

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

More people would learn from their mistakes if they weren't so busy denying them.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 04, 2012 - 10:55PM #10
farragut

I'm one of the two or three people in the country who have never touched the stuff, but I have observed and conversed with friends who were using it. From those observations I conclude that most folk should undertake no responsibilities while under its influence.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook