Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
2 years ago  ::  Jun 05, 2012 - 11:55AM #11
drawout

Jun 4, 2012 -- 10:40PM, solfeggio wrote:

There was the 1970s band, Queen.  But I don't know anything about them.

sputtering,How can anyone avoid ever hearing Queen or hearing about them?

'When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.' - Mark Twain
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 05, 2012 - 6:50PM #12
solfeggio

Not know about this band called Queen?  Easy.  I'm not into rock and roll.  My interest in this sort of music ended when the Beatles broke up.

The only American music I really enjoy is jazz and the works of the great American songwriters like Cole Porter, Irving Berlin, and George Gershwin as played by the bands of the 1920s-1940s.

My favourite music of all, though, is classical, especially as played by the Berliner Philharmonika.  Give me Beethoven over the Rolly Stones anytime.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 05, 2012 - 7:02PM #13
Roodog

I heard that there would be a musical about the royal dogs:

"Corgi and Bess"LaughingLaughingLaughing

For those who have faith, no explanation is neccessary.
For those who have no faith, no explanation is possible.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 05, 2012 - 7:09PM #14
solfeggio

Corgi and Bess (LOL)  I like that very much.  Gershwin would be laughing, too, I expect.Wink

(As far as I know, the Queen's dogs are named Linnet, Monty, Holly, and Willow.)

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 12, 2012 - 1:44PM #15
rangerken

This thread was moved from the Hot Topics Zone

Conservative, Libertarian, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 12, 2012 - 4:02PM #16
christine3

Jun 5, 2012 -- 6:50PM, solfeggio wrote:

Not know about this band called Queen?  Easy.  I'm not into rock and roll.  My interest in this sort of music ended when the Beatles broke up.

The only American music I really enjoy is jazz and the works of the great American songwriters like Cole Porter, Irving Berlin, and George Gershwin as played by the bands of the 1920s-1940s.

My favourite music of all, though, is classical, especially as played by the Berliner Philharmonika.  Give me Beethoven over the Rolly Stones anytime.

I found for you Queen, the band.  This piece is Bohemian Rhapsody.  Pretty good for basically self-taught musicians.  I was never really into Queen, but have to hand it to them, when other bands were basically blowing everybody's brains out with loud music, this group tried to explore different styles and push their ability as far as they could.  The lead singer, who died of AIDS, was exploring opera before he died, even sang in one.  You can hear how he pushes his voice and probably over the long term did some vocal cord damage before he tried to tackle opera.

Skip the ad, and lyrics are below.  Push the "see more" icon.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ9rUzIMcZQ

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 26, 2012 - 1:40AM #17
Lilwabbit

And if, for some strange reason, you don't like Freddie Mercury and Brian May, here's Bohemian Rhapsody by another menagerie of perhaps more familiar characters.

"All things have I willed for you, and you too, for your own sake."
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook