Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
Switch to Forum Live View throwing acid in America
2 years ago  ::  Jun 02, 2012 - 4:49PM #1
hopebringer

www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/31/jay-to...

The  hate speech just keeps coming.
Challenge is a dragon with a gift in its mouth. Tame the dragon and the gift is yours. ~ Noela Evans
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 02, 2012 - 4:51PM #2
hopebringer

and this from own state , although not my district.  

Challenge is a dragon with a gift in its mouth. Tame the dragon and the gift is yours. ~ Noela Evans
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 02, 2012 - 5:04PM #3
Ebon

Dear Lord...

He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God. ~ Proverbs 14:31

Fiat justitia, ruat caelum

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 02, 2012 - 5:38PM #4
hopebringer

I guess they won't be happy till there's warfare in the streets.  

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 02, 2012 - 6:13PM #5
sydneymoon

..and.....Hayworth refuses to condemn the words.

Margaret Mead: "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 02, 2012 - 6:57PM #6
IreneAdler

Unbelievable.

Irene.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 02, 2012 - 7:24PM #7
Ironhold

I'm thinking that the guy might have meant it as a metaphor; if he did,  however, it was a rather poor choice of words.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 02, 2012 - 8:17PM #8
Ebon

Jun 2, 2012 -- 7:24PM, Ironhold wrote:

I'm thinking that the guy might have meant it as a metaphor; if he did,  however, it was a rather poor choice of words.

One would hope so but I initially thought that and then thought about it some more. It's a weird choice of words for a metaphor. I mean, if someone said "we've got to beat down the Democrats" or "they've got to be slapped down" then fair enough, that's clearly a metaphor using common phrases. But throwing acid in the face isn't a common phrase, it's quite a distinctive choice of words. And using it specifically applied to women, the only way I can see of that particular choice of words and targets to come up is the occasional atrocity that happens in the MidEast. When someone talks about acid being thrown in the face, there are only really two images that come to mind and one of those (Two-Face, the Batman villain) only applies if you're a comic-book fan.

He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God. ~ Proverbs 14:31

Fiat justitia, ruat caelum

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 02, 2012 - 9:04PM #9
Roodog

Appalling and obscene.

For those who have faith, no explanation is neccessary.
For those who have no faith, no explanation is possible.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 03, 2012 - 12:25AM #10
solfeggio

How truly horrible.  This fellow is the official campaign spokesman for Nan Hayworth, and she'd have to be crazy if she doesn't fire him immediately.

Hayworth has Tea Party approval, and she was endorsed by Rudy Giuliani.  People who were thinking of voting for her should also note that she supports offshore drilling, and she voted for the Energy Tax Prevention Act.  And she has voted against using government funds for Planned Parenthood.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook