Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3
Switch to Forum Live View throwing acid in America
2 years ago  ::  Jun 04, 2012 - 12:42AM #21
Estacia

Jun 3, 2012 -- 10:21PM, sydneymoon wrote:

"On May 26, I posted a stupid, thoughtless, and insensitive comment on a facebook page. It was stupid because my words were easily misconstrued; thoughtless because my choice of words obscured a point I was trying to make, and insensitive because some have interpreted the comment as advocating a violent act.

To friends, associates, and clients I have offered my apology for the embarrassment I have caused, and do hereby offer it to the many who rightly found fault with my incendiary choice of words.

The mistake was mine, and mine only and the post in no way was intended to represent the views of anyone for whom I have worked or represented.'

He "thoughtfully" posted this thoughts, he had time to reflect before hitting send. His apology is B.S.

One should not say or do stuff they will apologize for.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 04, 2012 - 8:52PM #22
REteach

Despite being a raging liberal, I actually do not believe all Republicans are bigoted, self-centered, greedy, homophobic, sexist raging lunatics. However, the sane ones seem to be afraid to stand up to those who are defining their party in such negative ways. Ironic in a way, given how they seem to believe that the fringe actually defines Islam and wonder why moderate Muslims don't stand up to the fanatics.  They are doing the same thing. Worse actually because moderate Muslims do speak out against their nuts, but moderate Republicans are hiding.  With good reason, I guess, because they are losing to their far right lunatic fringe if they try to act sanely and in a principled manner. 

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 04, 2012 - 11:03PM #23
farragut

We speak out when and where we can. God knows, I can't afford to compete with their advertising,

but they continue to send me surveys asking for my opinions and money. I return them with plenty of the former and none of the latter. I do recognize, however, that probably no one ever reads or collates those responses. I was in communication with the county and some of the state party honchos, but they've just done a fruit-basket turnover and strangers are now leading the party. Probably baggers.  Guess I'll have to just rely on sending letters to the Courier.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 05, 2012 - 7:27AM #24
shmuelgoldstein

Jun 2, 2012 -- 4:49PM, hopebringer wrote:

www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/31/jay-to...

It may be me, but I don't think he meant it literally. I think he meant it in a metaphoric sense, like "let's throw some mud . . .  " as in mud-slinging.

Then again, he could have said "mud" . . . .

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 05, 2012 - 9:45AM #25
hopebringer

But how long before some crazy does just that . And he targeted females , bringing in the intimidation and horror that many women around the world actually experience.  His defenders may howl ' free speech '.  But anyone who uses  the kind of speech he did is vile and unworthy of defense.  Those who debase civil discourse need to be called on the carpet and their darkness exposed to the light.  When statesman conduct themselves in such a manner , how long before the complete degradation of society.  

Not only was Gabby Gifford's live altered forever , other people including a little girl lost their lives.   I don't even want to think about the horrors of being burnt with acid .  Do you ?  

Challenge is a dragon with a gift in its mouth. Tame the dragon and the gift is yours. ~ Noela Evans
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 05, 2012 - 10:37AM #26
Roodog

Jun 5, 2012 -- 7:27AM, shmuelgoldstein wrote:

Jun 2, 2012 -- 4:49PM, hopebringer wrote:

www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/31/jay-to...

It may be me, but I don't think he meant it literally. I think he meant it in a metaphoric sense, like "let's throw some mud . . .  " as in mud-slinging.

Then again, he could have said "mud" . . . .

or "drek"

For those who have faith, no explanation is neccessary.
For those who have no faith, no explanation is possible.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook