Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Adolf, Himmler, and Aryan Nation removed from New Jersey parents
2 years ago  ::  Jun 03, 2012 - 3:33PM #11
Roodog

Jun 3, 2012 -- 9:33AM, arielg wrote:

Jun 2, 2012 -- 6:55AM, MysticWanderer wrote:

On doing a little research in the case it appears that the father has a history of domestic violence with one previous partner having a restraining order against him. His current wife, the mother of these children, also passed a note to a neighbor complaining that he had threatened to kill her and was teaching his three-year-old son how to kill people. She has since testified that the note she passed was a lie. In fact both the DYFS and the courts have stated that the children's names were not an issue in the decision to remove custody of the children the family, rather the ongoing domestic violence and therefore real risk of harm to the children. Of the four children from ths couple only one has a first name that could be considered difficult and that is the three-year-old whose first name is on Adolph Hler, the children named Aryan Nation and Himmler are girls and these are their middle names and the fourth child first name is Hons. While these names showed poor judgment and set children up for difficulties later in life I don't think that they rise to the level of abuse. It is interesting to note that it is the media that continually reports on this case emphasizing the children's names though the courts and governmental organizations have pointed out that this has nothing to do with their decision to do decision is a relatively mundane case of domestic violence. I guess it just goes to show that getting attention is more important than conveying information in today's "news" networks.

abcnews.go.com/US/parents-cannot-regain-...

Thank you for introducing actual  facts rather than reducing the issue to emotional knee jerk reactions, which seems to happen automatically with certain topics .

Yes, arielg, Neo Nazis are not nice people.

For those who have faith, no explanation is neccessary.
For those who have no faith, no explanation is possible.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 03, 2012 - 5:23PM #12
mytmouse57

On doing a little research in the case it appears that the father has a history of domestic violence with one previous partner having a restraining order against him. His current wife, the mother of these children, also passed a note to a neighbor complaining that he had threatened to kill her and was teaching his three-year-old son how to kill people. She has since testified that the note she passed was a lie. In fact both the DYFS and the courts have stated that the children's names were not an issue in the decision to remove custody of the children the family, rather the ongoing domestic violence and therefore real risk of harm to the children. Of the four children from ths couple only one has a first name that could be considered difficult and that is the three-year-old whose first name is on Adolph Hler, the children named Aryan Nation and Himmler are girls and these are their middle names and the fourth child first name is Hons. While these names showed poor judgment and set children up for difficulties later in life I don't think that they rise to the level of abuse. It is interesting to note that it is the media that continually reports on this case emphasizing the children's names though the courts and governmental organizations have pointed out that this has nothing to do with their decision to do decision is a relatively mundane case of domestic violence. I guess it just goes to show that getting attention is more important than conveying information in today's "news" networks.

Yes, it looks like a case of knee-jerk, incomplete reporting, in order to get a knee-jerk rise, and give the story legs, so to speak.

It apprears the real issue is allegations of abuse and horrible parenting, not the names.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 03, 2012 - 9:40PM #13
karbie

I did mention the fact the father was illiterate, known for domestic violence, and already teaching his son to call women bitches and threaten to kill them. By example, he was teaching their daughters to be inferior and think being hit by the man in a relationship was okay. By removing them from this environment, it should be soon enough to break the cycle of abuse. It's a sticky slope to remove children just because you don't like what they've been named, but of course the Neo-Nazi connection played in the media.

Of all of Hitler's henchmman, Himmler looked the most like the people being shipped to the concentration camps. Pity it didn't happen.

"You are letting your opinion be colored by facts again."
'When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you."
these are both from my father.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 04, 2012 - 12:46AM #14
Estacia

I hope and pray that Child Services is pro actively getting these children mental and behavioral services. They need to learn how to behave in society being that they were never taught how to. These poor children never had a chance.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 04, 2012 - 8:14AM #15
Cesmom

Jun 3, 2012 -- 5:23PM, mytmouse57 wrote:

Yes, it looks like a case of knee-jerk, incomplete reporting, in order to get a knee-jerk rise, and give the story legs, so to speak.

It apprears the real issue is allegations of abuse and horrible parenting, not the names.

I would look at the names as a 'red flag' or a warning sign that that deeper issues were there.  If someone is going to give their children such a name, that may be within their right, but I'm going to assume something isn't right upstairs with that person.  In this case, it sounds like that's true.  I'm glad the kids are no longer in the home.  I hope that becomes permanent.

Our need to learn should always outweigh our need to be right

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

More people would learn from their mistakes if they weren't so busy denying them.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 05, 2012 - 2:56AM #16
karbie

The current wife, testifying in front of her abuser, said the note she passed at risk to their neighbor was a lie? Gee, what a surprise.

I hope that she gets away from him now that she doesn't have to worry about what else he'll do to the children if she escapes. The children are better off away from them.

"You are letting your opinion be colored by facts again."
'When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you."
these are both from my father.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 15, 2012 - 12:36AM #17
rangerken

This thread was moved from the Hot Topics Zone

Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2