Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Adolf, Himmler, and Aryan Nation removed from New Jersey parents
2 years ago  ::  Jun 02, 2012 - 1:47AM #1
solfeggio

Heath Campbell, who lives in Holland Township, New Jersey, is a Nazi.  He has a swastika tattoo and a mustache like Hitler, and he has named his children after well-known Nazis.  

The New Jersey Supreme Court removed the children from the Campbells several years ago, and they have now ruled that Campbell (whose wife has left him) cannot have the children back.

www.newjerseynewsroom.com/state/nj-judge...

Three of the children are named Adolph, Aryan Nation, and Himmler, with the fourth called Hons.

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2152679...

Does the New Jersey Supreme Court have the right to do this, based on the children's names?  Or, as claimed by authorities in New Jersey, is there more to this story than meets the eye?

What normal person names his kids after Nazis?           

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 02, 2012 - 2:20AM #2
Estacia

Normal? Of course not!

However. The courts should not and usually do not remove children unless they are in immedant danger.

I remember this case years ago ( names) .

I did not know the children were removed untill I read your post.

***I will be reading the article. ***

I assume, that the household was most likely hostile and dysfunctional.

In today's world even children with normal names expirence this type of living.

Agian, I am only assuming that the judge had reason(s) /eveidence to not release the

children back to mom.

Stacey

~~~~~" If crazy comes towards you, cross the street."!~~~~~

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 02, 2012 - 6:55AM #3
MysticWanderer

On doing a little research in the case it appears that the father has a history of domestic violence with one previous partner having a restraining order against him. His current wife, the mother of these children, also passed a note to a neighbor complaining that he had threatened to kill her and was teaching his three-year-old son how to kill people. She has since testified that the note she passed was a lie. In fact both the DYFS and the courts have stated that the children's names were not an issue in the decision to remove custody of the children the family, rather the ongoing domestic violence and therefore real risk of harm to the children. Of the four children from ths couple only one has a first name that could be considered difficult and that is the three-year-old whose first name is on Adolph Hler, the children named Aryan Nation and Himmler are girls and these are their middle names and the fourth child first name is Hons. While these names showed poor judgment and set children up for difficulties later in life I don't think that they rise to the level of abuse. It is interesting to note that it is the media that continually reports on this case emphasizing the children's names though the courts and governmental organizations have pointed out that this has nothing to do with their decision to do decision is a relatively mundane case of domestic violence. I guess it just goes to show that getting attention is more important than conveying information in today's "news" networks.

abcnews.go.com/US/parents-cannot-regain-...

"Not all who wander are lost" J.R.R.Tolkein
You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do. ~Anne Lamott
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain."
Friedrich von Schiller
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 02, 2012 - 6:32PM #4
karbie

I read both stories, and it seems that the oldest boy Adolph learned a lot from his father, like calling a woman a bitch and threatening to kill if he didn't get his own way. We groan at celebrity baby names, but at least the parents have enough money to shield them from your average group of kids. Naming your son Adolph Hitler is a form of child abuse, since it will be detrimental to the child's future. Might as well have all the boy's shirts have a target on them.

The girls can at least just use initials for their middle names. I agree that returning them home to an illiterate and violent father is not in the best interests of any of these poor children. I hope in time the children can overcome the lessons about how to treat other people they picked up from observing their father.

"You are letting your opinion be colored by facts again."
'When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you."
these are both from my father.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 02, 2012 - 9:17PM #5
Roodog

Jun 2, 2012 -- 1:47AM, solfeggio wrote:

Heath Campbell, who lives in Holland Township, New Jersey, is a Nazi.  He has a swastika tattoo and a mustache like Hitler, and he has named his children after well-known Nazis.  

The New Jersey Supreme Court removed the children from the Campbells several years ago, and they have now ruled that Campbell (whose wife has left him) cannot have the children back.

www.newjerseynewsroom.com/state/nj-judge...

Three of the children are named Adolph, Aryan Nation, and Himmler, with the fourth called Hons.

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2152679...

Does the New Jersey Supreme Court have the right to do this, based on the children's names?  Or, as claimed by authorities in New Jersey, is there more to this story than meets the eye?

What normal person names his kids after Nazis?           

IF I were a Nazi (Which my Latin and Celtic and non Aryan blood bars me from) and I wished to honor Party leadership, I would have named my kids Adolf, Heinrich, Hermann and Rudolf. Maybe if I had a girl, I would name her Klara or Eva. All without the infamous surnames.

This guy is a yutz.

For those who have faith, no explanation is neccessary.
For those who have no faith, no explanation is possible.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 03, 2012 - 12:06AM #6
solfeggio

As a non-Aryan myself, I agree. 

And, for those who didn't grow up hearing a mother and grandmother and assorted other relatives using this very apt word at times:

onlineslangdictionary.com/meaning-defini...

Dummkopf works, too.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 03, 2012 - 12:38AM #7
karbie

I may have a German surname, but I still refused to name our son Siegfried--something for which he is deeply grateful. I don't think my husband was really serious, but it sure shut up anyone who didn't agree with our choice of baby names.

The Celtic blood--which is a quarter of my ancestry might not have disqualified us as Aryan--the Vikings got around after all. However, intelligence has certainly done so.

"You are letting your opinion be colored by facts again."
'When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you."
these are both from my father.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 03, 2012 - 8:49AM #8
TPaine

It's also interesting to note that neither Hitler, nor any of the top Nazi leaders, looked anything like his description of the blond, blue-eyed, Aryan "master race." They looked more like those imprisoned in the concentration camps than they did the SS guards.

"The genius of the Constitution rests not in any static meaning it might have had in a world that is dead and gone, but in the adaptability of its great principles to cope with current problems and current needs." -- Justice William Brennan: Speech to the Text and Teaching Symposium at Georgetown University (October 12, 1985)
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 03, 2012 - 9:33AM #9
arielg

Jun 2, 2012 -- 6:55AM, MysticWanderer wrote:

On doing a little research in the case it appears that the father has a history of domestic violence with one previous partner having a restraining order against him. His current wife, the mother of these children, also passed a note to a neighbor complaining that he had threatened to kill her and was teaching his three-year-old son how to kill people. She has since testified that the note she passed was a lie. In fact both the DYFS and the courts have stated that the children's names were not an issue in the decision to remove custody of the children the family, rather the ongoing domestic violence and therefore real risk of harm to the children. Of the four children from ths couple only one has a first name that could be considered difficult and that is the three-year-old whose first name is on Adolph Hler, the children named Aryan Nation and Himmler are girls and these are their middle names and the fourth child first name is Hons. While these names showed poor judgment and set children up for difficulties later in life I don't think that they rise to the level of abuse. It is interesting to note that it is the media that continually reports on this case emphasizing the children's names though the courts and governmental organizations have pointed out that this has nothing to do with their decision to do decision is a relatively mundane case of domestic violence. I guess it just goes to show that getting attention is more important than conveying information in today's "news" networks.

abcnews.go.com/US/parents-cannot-regain-...

Thank you for introducing actual  facts rather than reducing the issue to emotional knee jerk reactions, which seems to happen automatically with certain topics .

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 03, 2012 - 2:50PM #10
Roodog

Jun 3, 2012 -- 12:38AM, karbie wrote:

I may have a German surname, but I still refused to name our son Siegfried--something for which he is deeply grateful. I don't think my husband was really serious, but it sure shut up anyone who didn't agree with our choice of baby names.

Or at least anglicised the spelling of the proper names to Henry and Harmon and Rudolph

The Celtic blood--which is a quarter of my ancestry might not have disqualified us as Aryan--the Vikings got around after all. However, intelligence has certainly done so.

For those who have faith, no explanation is neccessary.
For those who have no faith, no explanation is possible.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook