Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View White Supremacist with Ties to Neo-Nazi Groups Elected to Pennsylvania County GOP Committee
2 years ago  ::  Jun 01, 2012 - 8:31PM #1
TPaine
"Republicans in Luzerne County, Pennsylvania have elected Steve Smith, a lifelong white supremacist with close ties to neo-Nazi groups and groups like Aryan Nations, to the county’s GOP Committee.

The elections, which took place in late April, were certified by the committee two weeks ago, and Smith notified supporters of his victory last week by posting a message to the online forum White News Now."

The Southern Poverty Law Center has documented Smith’s participation with known skinhead organizations like Keystone State Skinheads, (now Keystone United) which he co-founded in 2001. And his racist activism extends far beyond violent rhetoric as well, into actual violence:" Link
"It is always to be taken for granted, that those who oppose an equality of rights never mean the exclusion should take place on themselves." -- Thomas Paine: Dissertations on First Principles of Government (July 7, 1795)
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 01, 2012 - 8:47PM #2
mainecaptain

Frightening isn't? No qualification at all to those running for office, apparently.  White supremacists don't hide any more, which means they think they are accepted by society.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 01, 2012 - 9:41PM #3
LeahOne

For those who didn't already know:  en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luzerne_County,_Pe...

Yes, racism is unfortunately alive in the land of William Penn : ((

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 01, 2012 - 9:45PM #4
mountain_man

This is news? It's to be expected.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 01, 2012 - 9:46PM #5
LeahOne

Smith is also an active member of local Tea Party groups, a network that he used to gain support for his bid for the committee seat. According to the SPLC, Smith referred to the Tea Party as “fertile grounds for our activists.”

Somehow I do not think this election is going to be good news for PA Republicans......

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 01, 2012 - 10:00PM #6
Roodog

Hey!

Isn't Rich Sanctimonious from Pennsylvania?

For those who have faith, no explanation is neccessary.
For those who have no faith, no explanation is possible.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 01, 2012 - 10:08PM #7
teilhard

Brings to Mind a similar Fella, David Duke ...

"Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuhrer ..."

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 01, 2012 - 10:14PM #8
Roodog

Jun 1, 2012 -- 9:46PM, LeahOne wrote:

Smith is also an active member of local Tea Party groups, a network that he used to gain support for his bid for the committee seat. According to the SPLC, Smith referred to the Tea Party as “fertile grounds for our activists.”

Somehow I do not think this election is going to be good news for PA Republicans......

....or for Republicans across the whole United States. Indiana's Lugar was ousted by the Tea Party. 

For those who have faith, no explanation is neccessary.
For those who have no faith, no explanation is possible.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 02, 2012 - 1:09AM #9
LeahOne

With Mittens standing up next to Trump the 'Birther', I think they've virtually guaranteed Obama a second term......

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 02, 2012 - 1:13AM #10
mainecaptain

Jun 2, 2012 -- 1:09AM, LeahOne wrote:

With Mittens standing up next to Trump the 'Birther', I think they've virtually guaranteed Obama a second term......

I hope you're right, but don't forget. The republicans are doing their best to suppress the vote and stop democrats from voting.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook