Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Sesame Street Used in Interrogations?
2 years ago  ::  Jun 12, 2012 - 8:20PM #11
IreneAdler

Jun 2, 2012 -- 2:05PM, rabello wrote:

Of course I "believe" it.  This has been known for a long time.  It is something every American should know about.

They didn't just use the Barney Song...they used metallic rock and acid rock played over and over again at eardrum-piercing volumes, along with strobe light, sleep deprivation that lasted over a week at a time, dietary manipulations to cause cramps and things like diarrhea but without depriving the victim of needed daily nutrients -- with "Slim Fast".

Be proud, America!

Wow- that pretty much describes my teen-age years!

Irene.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 12, 2012 - 10:39PM #12
rangerken

Jun 2, 2012 -- 2:05PM, rabello wrote:

Of course I "believe" it.  This has been known for a long time.  It is something every American should know about.

They didn't just use the Barney Song...they used metallic rock and acid rock played over and over again at eardrum-piercing volumes, along with strobe light, sleep deprivation that lasted over a week at a time, dietary manipulations to cause cramps and things like diarrhea but without depriving the victim of needed daily nutrients -- with "Slim Fast".

Be proud, America!

I'll repeat myself...

If it makes the GITMO inmates unhappy, uncomfortable, annoyed, and prone to whining I'm all for doing more of it.

Ken

Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 19, 2012 - 11:31PM #13
rangerken

Perhaps we could teach this technique at the School of the Americas...er...if there still was one...LOL.

Ken

Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 28, 2012 - 3:42AM #14
Merope

This thread was moved from the Hot Topics Zone.

Merope | Beliefnet Community Manager
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 28, 2012 - 8:01AM #15
withwonderingawe

Jun 1, 2012 -- 8:40AM, Unworthyone wrote:

Jun 1, 2012 -- 8:08AM, Ironhold wrote:

link

Seriously - according to reports, the folks at Guantanamo would play Sesame Street songs 24/7 to try and break some of the inmates down there.

Believe it or not.

They used Sesame Street music because the Attorney General determined that Barney the Dinosaur music was inhumane torture.  This fact was established after consulting thousands of parents of three-year-olds.

Just ask grandma

Wise men still seek him.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook