Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 52 of 52  •  Prev 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52
5 years ago  ::  Mar 31, 2013 - 2:20AM #511
rincon4567@comcast.net

Mar 11, 2013 -- 9:30PM, Stardove wrote:

I see a thread has already begun saying a state judge has said no to the ban. 

Power to the soda drinkers of NY. 

Beliefnet says this thread is still hot!  Here's another bump.  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Tongue OutAre they Crazy? they cannot tell people what to drink??? WHAT"S GOING TO Be Next if they ALLOW THIS to HAPPEN!

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 01, 2013 - 8:49AM #512
MAXTECH

Jun 1, 2012 -- 1:42AM, Roodog wrote:

news.yahoo.com/york-mayor-bloomberg-prop...

Really people, does New York really have to do this?
I can imagine NYPD taking kids in for possessing a six pack or a liter of soda.

It adds new meaning to a "Coke Bust"

THE WHOLE IDEA is to keep people thinking in backwards manner. For instance, endless numbers of gun related deaths occur per month, however not much about this is exposed via media. Meanwhile, if the deaths are small in number, and involve spectacular Hollywood like entertaining effects, then it will make it into the news hour.

In turn this allows an "Acceptable" number of daily deaths, and insures that this "Acceptable" number of daily deaths is kept on going, but out of sight.

THE WHOLE IDEA is to keep people focused upon the less important and in some cases upon the insignificant.

The nasty part is why this is being done. It keeps people NOT in touch with reality.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2013 - 9:24PM #513
Roodog

Two inmates in Riker's Island discussin why they're there :

Inmate#1: "They caught me with a gram of coke."

Inmate #2: "They caught me with a liter of Pepsi!"Surprised

For those who have faith, no explanation is neccessary.
For those who have no faith, no explanation is possible.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 24, 2013 - 1:42AM #514
Stardove

I hear the mayor of NY City now wants to stop people on SNAP (food stamps) from using them for soda and candy.  Not sure what all he would want on his you can't use SNAP to get these items.

I had a friend who after brain tumors were removed needed financial help for a while, because he couldn't work after his surgery.  He has now passed away.  But at the time he bought everything he needed to make home made wine. He had a fine wine still set up and made some kick butt wine.  Two glasses were one too many.  Sealed

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove

People change for two main reasons: either their minds have been opened or their hearts have been broken.
---Anonymous

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 31, 2013 - 10:52AM #515
Idbc

Jun 24, 2013 -- 1:42AM, Stardove wrote:

I hear the mayor of NY City now wants to stop people on SNAP (food stamps) from using them for soda and candy.  Not sure what all he would want on his you can't use SNAP to get these items.

I had a friend who after brain tumors were removed needed financial help for a while, because he couldn't work after his surgery.  He has now passed away.  But at the time he bought everything he needed to make home made wine. He had a fine wine still set up and made some kick butt wine.  Two glasses were one too many.  Sealed

In NYC it is illegal to buy either soda, candy or any alcoholic bevaNYrages with food stamps. 

The NY state appellate court as ruled against Mayor Bloombergs command.  

www.google.com/#output=search&sclient=ps...

HAVE A THINKING DAY MAY REASON GUIDE YOU
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 26, 2014 - 10:20AM #516
Stardove

Well two years later the soda ban is officially dead!

City Loses Final Appeal on Limiting Sales of Large Sodas

The Bloomberg big-soda ban is officially dead.

The state’s highest court on Thursday refused to reinstate New York City’s controversial limits on sales of jumbo sugary drinks, exhausting the city’s final appeal and handing a major victory to the American soft-drink industry, which bitterly opposed the plan.

In a 20-page opinion, Judge Eugene F. Pigott Jr. of the New York State Court of Appeals wrote that the city’s Board of Health “exceeded the scope of its regulatory authority” in enacting the proposal, which was championed by former Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg.

The decision most likely will be seen as a significant defeat for public health advocates who have urged state and local governments to actively discourage the consumption of high-calorie beverages, saying the drinks are prime drivers of a nationwide epidemic of obesity.

Two lower courts had already ruled against the city, saying it overreached in attempting to prohibit the purchase of sugared drinks in containers larger than 16 ounces, about the size of a medium coffee cup. By a 4-to-2 vote, the justices upheld the earlier rulings.

Continued at the link.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove

People change for two main reasons: either their minds have been opened or their hearts have been broken.
---Anonymous

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 26, 2014 - 10:35AM #517
teilhard

"When Big Sodas are 'outlawed,' only Outlaws will have Big Sodas ..."

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 52 of 52  •  Prev 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement