Page 1 of 6  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Is there something in the Baptism font that causes this?
2 years ago  ::  May 31, 2012 - 8:36PM #1
Do_unto_others

Maryland Pastor Dennis Leatherman: 'My Flesh Kind Of Likes The Idea' Of Killing Gays

After North Carolina pastor Charles L. Worley called for gays and lesbians to be put in an electrified pen and left to die off, and

after Ron Baity, founding pastor of Berean Baptist Church in Winston-Salem, N.C. told his own congregation that LGBT people should be prosecuted as they were historically, and

after Tim Rabon, pastor at Beacon Baptist Church in Raleigh, N.C., asked his congregants, "What is stopping them from refining marriage from a person and a beast?" and

just after pastor Sean Harris of the Berean Baptist Church in Fayetteville, N.C. told his congregants to "squash  like a cockroach" - if they see them "dropping the limp wrist" and to "crack that wrist", or "give him a good punch", and

after Reverend Jimmy Swaggart told his TV audience "If a man so much as looked at me 'funny', I'd kill him and tell God he died.",

Now comes pastor Dennis Leatherman of the Mountain Lake Independent Baptist Church in Oakland, Md., telling his congregation: "First of all, there is a danger of reacting in the flesh, of responding not in a scriptural, spiritual way, but in a fleshly way. Kill them all. Right? I will be very honest with you. My flesh kind of likes that idea."

I'll give him some credit for appending, "..but it grieves the Holy Spirit. It violates Scripture." But one has to wonder why make the, 'suggestion' in the first place?

But if I hear someone telling me this isn't "mainstream Christianity" one more time, I'm gonna hurl - because it's dam sure BECOMING the constant message or mainstream (well, Baptists USED to be considered mainstream) churches. 

More 'message' at the link:

www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/31/maryla...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 31, 2012 - 8:39PM #2
Do_unto_others

Oh, and then there's THIS 'charming' tableau:

Church Cheers as 4-Year-Old Sings 'Ain't No Homos Gonna Make It to Heaven'

"Video of a young boy at a church in Indiana being cheered as he sings about how "no homos are gonna make it to heaven" has gone viral.

"The Bible is right, somebody's wrong," the boy, who appears to be around 4-years-old, sings. "Romans 1 and 27, ain't no homo gonna make it to heaven."

Before the boy can finish the song, members of the congregation jump their feet, applauding and cheering wildly.

"That's my boy!" one man can be heard shouting.

The church seen in the video is reportedly the Apostolic Truth Tabernacle in Greensburg, Indiana, according to both Free Thought Blogs and WRTV."

videocafe.crooksandliars.com/david/churc...

Is this 'Jesusy' enough for you?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 31, 2012 - 8:43PM #3
Do_unto_others

Lord have mercy, they're coming in fast and furious this week ...

Curtis Knapp, Kansas Pastor Who Said Government Should Kill Gays, Defends Statements

"The Kansas-based pastor who argued that the U.S. government should put gay people "to death" is now defending his statements in an exclusive CNN interview.

"We punish pedophilia," Pastor Curtis Knapp of the New Hope Baptist Church in Seneca, Kan. "We punish incest, we punish polygamy and various things. It's only homosexuality that is lifted out as an exemption."

As reported earlier this week by Good As You blogger Jeremy Hooper, Knapp appeared to call for the death of gays in a sermon. Hooper proclaimed: "Oh, so you're saying we should go out and start killing them? No, I'm saying the government should. They won't, but they should."

www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/31/curtis...

TELL me this is not now the "mainstream" "Christian" message in America today.

Puke-making vomit-inducing hatred pepetrated in the name of Jesus is what it is.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 31, 2012 - 9:17PM #4
Roodog

Throughout history, most instances of ethnic cleansing has had their ground work laid by calls by the media or the pulpit calling for the targeted people to be gotten rid of. This was true of the pogroms in the middle ages, the Holocaust and even more recently the genocide in Rwanda.

If this is not reined in, either official or revolutionary violence will be directed against the targeted people. It will be yet another black eye on this country. Furthermore the people who are protecting the persecuted and opposing the persecution will also be harmed. 

For those who have faith, no explanation is neccessary.
For those who have no faith, no explanation is possible.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 31, 2012 - 9:32PM #5
mainecaptain

May 31, 2012 -- 8:43PM, Do_unto_others wrote:

Puke-making vomit-inducing hatred pepetrated in the name of Jesus is what it is.

It actually seems to be getting worse.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 31, 2012 - 9:45PM #6
REteach

May 31, 2012 -- 8:36PM, Do_unto_others wrote:

Maryland Pastor Dennis Leatherman: 'My Flesh Kind Of Likes The Idea' Of Killing Gays

After North Carolina pastor Charles L. Worley called for gays and lesbians to be put in an electrified pen and left to die off, and

after Ron Baity, founding pastor of Berean Baptist Church in Winston-Salem, N.C. told his own congregation that LGBT people should be prosecuted as they were historically, and

after Tim Rabon, pastor at Beacon Baptist Church in Raleigh, N.C., asked his congregants, "What is stopping them from refining marriage from a person and a beast?" and

just after pastor Sean Harris of the Berean Baptist Church in Fayetteville, N.C. told his congregants to "squash  like a cockroach" - if they see them "dropping the limp wrist" and to "crack that wrist", or "give him a good punch", and

after Reverend Jimmy Swaggart told his TV audience "If a man so much as looked at me 'funny', I'd kill him and tell God he died.",

Now comes pastor Dennis Leatherman of the Mountain Lake Independent Baptist Church in Oakland, Md., telling his congregation: "First of all, there is a danger of reacting in the flesh, of responding not in a scriptural, spiritual way, but in a fleshly way. Kill them all. Right? I will be very honest with you. My flesh kind of likes that idea."

I'll give him some credit for appending, "..but it grieves the Holy Spirit. It violates Scripture." But one has to wonder why make the, 'suggestion' in the first place?

But if I hear someone telling me this isn't "mainstream Christianity" one more time, I'm gonna hurl - because it's dam sure BECOMING the constant message or mainstream (well, Baptists USED to be considered mainstream) churches. 

More 'message' at the link:

www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/31/maryla...

They all seem to have very specific ideas about what turns them on...  

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 31, 2012 - 9:48PM #7
mountain_man

Don't forget that these preachers would kill their Jesus if he ever came around again. They'd figure anyone with long hair, a beard, a robe and sandals would have to be a homosexual. It seems the hate part of their religion is far more important than the love part. 

I know some fine Christians that love people as they are. All the Atheists I know love people as they are.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 31, 2012 - 9:50PM #8
REteach

I would feel more sorry for these pathetic excuses of men if they weren't leading others to hell. 

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 31, 2012 - 10:19PM #9
farragut

" Furthermore the people who are protecting the persecuted and opposing the persecution will also be harmed. "

Well, if we risk being harmed, we'd better be armed. I do not want to go down without a fight, and if they come after my neighbors, I will, bygod, fight.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 31, 2012 - 10:26PM #10
Roodog

May 31, 2012 -- 9:32PM, mainecaptain wrote:

May 31, 2012 -- 8:43PM, Do_unto_others wrote:

It actually seems to be getting worse.

Actually, after 40 years in the Church,  I find this call to violence is new and really radical.

If I ever would hear this kind of talk in church, I would run and not walk to the nearest exit.

Preaching against sin is one thing but "smiting the sinners" is something completely different.

For those who have faith, no explanation is neccessary.
For those who have no faith, no explanation is possible.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 6  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook