Switch to Forum Live View John Edwards spared by jury
2 years ago  ::  May 31, 2012 - 4:55PM #1
rabello
Found not guilty on one count and a mistrial for the other 5 counts as the jury could not come to a decision.

I am relieved for him, really.  The evidence against him for doing something that was illegal was flimsy to begin with; the biggest reason the DoJ under Bush and Obama went after him was for what he did to his dying wife, and while that was despicable, it wasn't illegal, and our courts are not here to punish sinful acts that are not illegal.  
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 31, 2012 - 5:31PM #2
TENAC
Maybe it should be.
Any man can count the seeds in an apple....
.......but only God can count the apples in the seeds.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 31, 2012 - 5:40PM #3
loveontheair

Hello,

Right...like one of the jurors flirting with Edwards. Give me a break.

love

Good works will never produce faith, but faith will always produce good works. loveontheair
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 31, 2012 - 7:26PM #4
Druac

May 31, 2012 -- 5:31PM, TENAC wrote:

Maybe it should be.

ROFL

Jesus Is My Savior...He Saves Me From REALITY!
---------------------------------------------
We created god in our own image and likeness!
[George Carlin]
"Reason & Logic" - A Damn Good Slogan!
"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." - Steven Weinberg, an American physicist
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 31, 2012 - 7:29PM #5
aarroottoonn

These types of cases are always hard to get a conviction on. As for pursuit because of Elizabeth Edwards, that is a big stretch. She wasn't a good person, even though without question John treated her poorly. Elizabeth Edwards wasn't so special that prosecutors would have filed a case just because she was done wrong.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 01, 2012 - 9:04AM #6
LeahOne

Damn.   I thought the 'r' in the title was a 'y' (need new glasses), which would have left John

'Spayed'

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 01, 2012 - 9:56AM #7
Jasr

I consider violation of campaign finance law to be a serious offense against the American people, and I am glad the justice department took this allegation seriously and went after him for it.

I came away with the conclusion that he was in fact not guilty, but aggressive prosecution of an alleged offense was totally appropriate in this case. It sends a message that our political figures absolutely need to hear.

And on another subject, John Edwards is an unspeakable sleaze, with a lot to atone for in the years he has remaining.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 01, 2012 - 1:09PM #8
Marcion

Gee, and he didn't even have Johnny Cochran as a lawyer.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook