Post Reply
Page 12 of 21  •  Prev 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 21 Next
3 years ago  ::  May 22, 2012 - 7:28PM #111
wohali
Posts: 10,227

Eat Cake:


"Unfortunately you have bought into an incomplete picture without hearing the case yet.



Trayvon deserves justice as does Zimmerman and society as a whole; let the case play itself out in court"


Thanks, exactly my point.


I guess clergy doesn't believe in the American justice system and "innocent until proven guilty".

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 22, 2012 - 8:12PM #112
teilhard
Posts: 51,833

The Case WILL be settled in Court ...


It is VERY unfortunate for BOTH Trayvon Martin AND George "Night Stalker" Zimmerman that a foolhardly Zealot took The Law into his own Hands that Night ...


May 22, 2012 -- 6:51PM, Eat Cake wrote:


May 22, 2012 -- 6:14PM, teilhard wrote:


I AGREE that it was EXCEEDINGLY "disgusting" that George "Night Stalker" Zimmerman "de-humanized" an innocent Teenager by profiling him, stalking him, confronting him, provoking him into a fight, and then KILLING him ...


 



Unfortunately you have bought into an incomplete picture without hearing the case yet.


Trayvon deserves justice as does Zimmerman and society as a whole; let the case play itself out in court.





Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 22, 2012 - 8:15PM #113
teilhard
Posts: 51,833

"Innocent until Proven Guilty" is a Legal Fiction that is part of The Judicial Process ... It ISN'T about REAL Guilt or GENUINE Innocence ... (think: O. J. Simpson Murder Case; Rodney King Beating Case; Casey Anthony Murder Case, etc. ...)


May 22, 2012 -- 7:28PM, wohali wrote:


Eat Cake:


"Unfortunately you have bought into an incomplete picture without hearing the case yet.



Trayvon deserves justice as does Zimmerman and society as a whole; let the case play itself out in court"


Thanks, exactly my point.


I guess clergy doesn't believe in the American justice system and "innocent until proven guilty".





Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 22, 2012 - 10:03PM #114
mountain_man
Posts: 40,207

May 22, 2012 -- 4:32PM, Marcion wrote:

The danger with Sharpton and Jackson is they may provoke one violent demonstration too many....


They have yet to provoke one.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 22, 2012 - 10:19PM #115
teilhard
Posts: 51,833

Yup ...


So far the only  SHOOTING  DEATH  came directly from the words and actions of George "Do You Feel Lucky, Punk?" Zimmerman ...


May 22, 2012 -- 10:03PM, mountain_man wrote:


May 22, 2012 -- 4:32PM, Marcion wrote:

The danger with Sharpton and Jackson is they may provoke one violent demonstration too many....


They have yet to provoke one.





Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 23, 2012 - 12:23PM #116
TPaine
Posts: 9,427

May 22, 2012 -- 8:15PM, teilhard wrote:


"Innocent until Proven Guilty" is a Legal Fiction that is part of The Judicial Process ... It ISN'T about REAL Guilt or GENUINE Innocence ... (think: O. J. Simpson Murder Case; Rodney King Beating Case; Casey Anthony Murder Case, etc. ...)


May 22, 2012 -- 7:28PM, wohali wrote:


Eat Cake:


"Unfortunately you have bought into an incomplete picture without hearing the case yet.



Trayvon deserves justice as does Zimmerman and society as a whole; let the case play itself out in court"


Thanks, exactly my point.


I guess clergy doesn't believe in the American justice system and "innocent until proven guilty".




The justice system isn't perfect (as humans we are all fallible), but innocent until proven guilty is preferable to guilty until proven innocent.

"War is a racket. It always has been. It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives." -- General Smedley Butler: War is a Racket (1935)

"War is mankind's most tragic and stupid folly; to seek or advise its deliberate provocation is a black crime against all men. Though you follow the trade of the warrior, you do so in the spirit of Washington — not of Genghis Khan. For Americans, only threat to our way of life justifies resort to conflict." - General of the Army Dwight D. Eisenhower: Graduation Exercises at the United States Military Academy at West Point, New York, USA at 3 June 1947
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 23, 2012 - 1:47PM #117
mindis1
Posts: 8,039

May 18, 2012 -- 8:42PM, mountain_man wrote:


May 18, 2012 -- 10:00AM, mindis1 wrote:

...You say that because Zimmerman “followed Martin with a gun,” “[h]e was wrong and should be prosecuted.” But the neighborhood watch volunteer did not do anything unlawful by having a gun or by following, stopping and questioning Martin, did he?


Yes. He had absolutely no right to stop and question Trayvon.



What law did Zimmerman violate by stopping and questioning Martin?


Here are Florida’s statutes: www.leg.state.fl.us/STATUTES/


Just quote the statute that you claim Zimmerman violated by stopping and questioning Martin.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 23, 2012 - 1:53PM #118
mindis1
Posts: 8,039

May 18, 2012 -- 10:28PM, teilhard wrote:


May 18, 2012 -- 8:42PM, mountain_man wrote:


May 18, 2012 -- 10:00AM, mindis1 wrote:

...You say that because Zimmerman “followed Martin with a gun,” “[h]e was wrong and should be prosecuted.” But ***the neighborhood watch volunteer did not do anything unlawful by having a gun or by following, stopping and questioning Martin, did he?


Yes. He had absolutely no right to stop and question Trayvon. The cops even told him not to. Zimmerman was not part of any official Neighborhood Watch. He was acting on his own. Neighborhood Watch is supposed to WATCH, not act nor carry guns.


***On the Contrary, "Menacing" IS a Crime  



Here are Florida’s statutes: www.leg.state.fl.us/STATUTES/   


Quote the statute that makes "menacing" a crime.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 23, 2012 - 2:00PM #119
teilhard
Posts: 51,833

In our System, The State (Prosecutor) must demonstrate in Court by The Law and The Facts that The Accused is "Guilty" ... The Accused Person does NOT have to show that (s)he is "Innocent" ...


May 23, 2012 -- 12:23PM, TPaine wrote:


May 22, 2012 -- 8:15PM, teilhard wrote:


"Innocent until Proven Guilty" is a Legal Fiction that is part of The Judicial Process ... It ISN'T about REAL Guilt or GENUINE Innocence ... (think: O. J. Simpson Murder Case; Rodney King Beating Case; Casey Anthony Murder Case, etc. ...)


May 22, 2012 -- 7:28PM, wohali wrote:


Eat Cake:


"Unfortunately you have bought into an incomplete picture without hearing the case yet.



Trayvon deserves justice as does Zimmerman and society as a whole; let the case play itself out in court"


Thanks, exactly my point.


I guess clergy doesn't believe in the American justice system and "innocent until proven guilty".




The justice system isn't perfect (as humans we are all fallible), but innocent until proven guilty is preferable to guilty until proven innocent.





Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 23, 2012 - 2:04PM #120
mindis1
Posts: 8,039

May 18, 2012 -- 8:44PM, mountain_man wrote:


May 18, 2012 -- 10:10AM, mindis1 wrote:

Obviously you do not understand what the word "evidence" means. You should look it up some time, if you ever get a chance between posting inanities on the Hot Topic Zone board on Beliefnet.



Obviously if you had a valid argument you wouldn't have to resort to personal attacks.



Here is the question I asked:


May 17, 2012 -- 12:52PM, mindis1 wrote:


Does anyone know of evidence that Zimmerman did not reasonably believe that such force as he used was necessary to prevent serious injury to himself?


And here is your response:


May 17, 2012 -- 9:24PM, mountain_man wrote: 


Yes. He could have avoided the use of force by staying in his car.  


You’re welcomed to show us that know what the word “evidence” means. Stating a hypothetical, which is what you did, is not evidence of any sort.


 




Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 12 of 21  •  Prev 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 21 Next
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook