Page 14 of 21  •  Prev 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 21 Next
2 years ago  ::  May 23, 2012 - 4:29PM #131
teilhard

ONE of the Witnesses reports that "The Night Stalker" was calm and casual after the Shooting, saying, "I shot a guy ... "

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 23, 2012 - 4:33PM #132
mytmouse57

May 23, 2012 -- 4:29PM, teilhard wrote:

ONE of the Witnesses reports that "The Night Stalker" was calm and casual after the Shooting, saying, "I shot a guy ... "

People in a state of shock, or initial disbelief after a stressfull or traumatic event, can often be "calm and casual."

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 23, 2012 - 5:07PM #133
teilhard

Yes -- as opposed to being Scared-to-Death and All-Shook-Up-By-Being-Savagely-BEATEN ...

May 23, 2012 -- 4:33PM, mytmouse57 wrote:

People in a state of shock, or initial disbelief after a stressfull or traumatic event, can often be "calm and casual."

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 23, 2012 - 5:16PM #134
TPaine

May 23, 2012 -- 2:12PM, mindis1 wrote:

So, several people here, as well as the authors of Florida’s “stand your ground” law, have indicated that the act of Zimmerman “following” Martin constitutes Zimmerman’s provocation of Martin to use force against Zimmerman, thus disqualifying Zimmerman as acting in self-defense under Florida law. This is despite the fact that in at least two publicized cases dismissed under Florida’s “stand your ground” law, the killers pursued their victims prior to killing. (1.  news.findlaw.com/apnews/54dce113ea424c8d... 2. www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/24/2710297/s... )

The act of provoking another person to engage in an altercation would have to be a particularly overt and egregious act, would it not? I have never been provoked into using force against another person, and I have never provoked anyone to use force against me. It isn’t a commonplace kind of act. 

In fact, the act of provoking another person to use force against oneself would itself be an illegal act, regardless of what might happen afterward. Right?

But no one seems to know of any evidence that Zimmerman actually performed such an act that constitutes a provocation of Martin to use force against Zimmerman.  Right?

My problem with the Florida "Stand Your Ground" Law is that it allows a judge, not a jury to dismiss charges against Greyston Garcia, and Anthony Gonzalez both of whom pursued and killed people, but a 31-year-old woman, Marissa Alexander, gets a 20 year prison sentence for firing a warning shot to keep her abusive husband from attacking her. The judge said the "Stand Your Ground" law didn't apply because she could have run out of the house. Since when does the phrase stand your ground mean run away, and why were Garcia and Gonzalez not required to run away instead of killing their adversaries? Link

"It is always to be taken for granted, that those who oppose an equality of rights never mean the exclusion should take place on themselves." -- Thomas Paine: Dissertations on First Principles of Government (July 7, 1795)
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 23, 2012 - 5:21PM #135
mytmouse57

May 23, 2012 -- 5:07PM, teilhard wrote:

Yes -- as opposed to being Scared-to-Death and All-Shook-Up-By-Being-Savagely-BEATEN ...

There's physical evidence that he took quite a beating. 

And yes, the nature of the blows being leveled against him (especially having his head being slammed into the pavement) very well could have been fatal. 

But, as I said, again, people in a state of shock/being stunned can seem very matter-of-fact, or "casual."

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 23, 2012 - 5:25PM #136
teilhard

IOW, The Florida "Shoot-Anybody-Who-Scares-You" Law is on ONE Hand patently "Un-Constitutionally VAGUE," and on the OTHER Hand, Constitutes a Virtual Hunting License for SOME Guys ...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 23, 2012 - 5:31PM #137
teilhard

**IOW, there is Physical Evidence that Trayvon Martin initially may well have -- LEGALLY -- "Stood-HIS-Ground" against an armed STALKER ...

***The few slight SCRATCHES seen on the Back of George Zimmerman's Head didn't require a BAND-AID, much less "Stitches" ...

****And SOME People -- like unarmed innocent Trayvon Martin -- can be DEAD after being SHOT ... indeed, they can ...

May 23, 2012 -- 5:21PM, mytmouse57 wrote:

May 23, 2012 -- 5:07PM, teilhard wrote:

**There's physical evidence that he took quite a beating. 

***And yes, the nature of the blows being leveled against him (especially having his head being slammed into the pavement) very well could have been fatal. 

But, as I said, again, ****people in a state of shock/being stunned can seem very matter-of-fact, or "casual."

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 23, 2012 - 9:33PM #138
mountain_man

May 23, 2012 -- 2:04PM, mindis1 wrote:

Here is the question I asked:...

I know what you asked, and I don't care. I lost interest when you responded with an ad hominem.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 23, 2012 - 9:38PM #139
teilhard

The most OBVIOUS "Piece" of "Evidence" is The Dead Body of Trayvon Martin ... with a HOLE in it, as generously provided by George "Night Stalker" Zimmerman, with his 9mm Semi-Automatic Pistol ...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 24, 2012 - 1:03PM #140
Marcion

May 23, 2012 -- 5:16PM, TPaine wrote:

May 23, 2012 -- 2:12PM, mindis1 wrote:

So, several people here, as well as the authors of Florida’s “stand your ground” law, have indicated that the act of Zimmerman “following” Martin constitutes Zimmerman’s provocation of Martin to use force against Zimmerman, thus disqualifying Zimmerman as acting in self-defense under Florida law. This is despite the fact that in at least two publicized cases dismissed under Florida’s “stand your ground” law, the killers pursued their victims prior to killing. (1.  news.findlaw.com/apnews/54dce113ea424c8d... 2. www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/24/2710297/s... )

The act of provoking another person to engage in an altercation would have to be a particularly overt and egregious act, would it not? I have never been provoked into using force against another person, and I have never provoked anyone to use force against me. It isn’t a commonplace kind of act. 

In fact, the act of provoking another person to use force against oneself would itself be an illegal act, regardless of what might happen afterward. Right?

But no one seems to know of any evidence that Zimmerman actually performed such an act that constitutes a provocation of Martin to use force against Zimmerman.  Right?

My problem with the Florida "Stand Your Ground" Law is that it allows a judge, not a jury to dismiss charges against Greyston Garcia, and Anthony Gonzalez both of whom pursued and killed people, but a 31-year-old woman, Marissa Alexander, gets a 20 year prison sentence for firing a warning shot to keep her abusive husband from attacking her. The judge said the "Stand Your Ground" law didn't apply because she could have run out of the house. Since when does the phrase stand your ground mean run away, and why were Garcia and Gonzalez not required to run away instead of killing their adversaries? Link

Ito is not the only incompetent judge to sit on the bench. My daughters college roommate would be alive if some stupid liberal judge didn't set her killer free a week before the murder.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 14 of 21  •  Prev 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 21 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook