Page 3 of 8  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next
Switch to Forum Live View H.S. Baseball Team Forfeits Championship Game Rather Than Play Team With A Girl Player
2 years ago  ::  May 15, 2012 - 6:44AM #21
shmuelgoldstein

May 14, 2012 -- 11:07AM, mountain_man wrote:

May 14, 2012 -- 6:14AM, shmuelgoldstein wrote:

Good for them for standing up for their principles.

Do you always support and praise bigots for standing up for their "principles"? Or is it that in this case since the bigotry is coming from a religion that it's OK? The KKK has principles too. Do you praise them?

Do you always insist that everyone should have your western-styled liberal outlook?

Or are you that intolerant that you cannot put up with dissenting views?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 15, 2012 - 6:46AM #22
shmuelgoldstein

May 14, 2012 -- 11:15AM, TPaine wrote:

May 13, 2012 -- 9:45AM, TPaine wrote:

A baseball team in Arizona that worked all season to reach the state championship game has forfeited the chance to play for a state title ...  Because playing Mesa Prep would require competing against a team featuring a girl, Our Lady of Sorrows decided that playing the game would violate the school's mission to teach boys and girls separately, as the school made clear in a statement on Thursday. The separation of the sexes is a key tenet of the Society of St. Pius X, a separatist branch of the Catholic Church of which Our Lady of Sorrows is a part. Link.

It's interesting that you stand up for a group that the ADL claims is "Mired in Anti-Semitism." Link

Yes, it is.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 15, 2012 - 10:10AM #23
mytmouse57

May 15, 2012 -- 6:44AM, shmuelgoldstein wrote:

May 14, 2012 -- 11:07AM, mountain_man wrote:

Do you always support and praise bigots for standing up for their "principles"? Or is it that in this case since the bigotry is coming from a religion that it's OK? The KKK has principles too. Do you praise them?

Do you always insist that everyone should have your western-styled liberal outlook?

Western Liberalism, or perhaps more accurately, "progessive" thinking is, ironically, one of the most intolerant viewpoints out there.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 15, 2012 - 10:16AM #24
mountain_man

May 15, 2012 -- 6:44AM, shmuelgoldstein wrote:

Do you always defend bigots?

Why do you always attack those that disagree with you? This is a public forum. People are allowed to disagree with whatever is posted. If you cannot tolerate someone disagreeing with you then I'd suggest you find a different forum. Nowhere is it written that I must keep silent when I disagree, or dissent, with what is said here. It is apparent that you are the one having trouble with dissenting views.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 15, 2012 - 10:20AM #25
mountain_man

May 15, 2012 -- 10:10AM, mytmouse57 wrote:

Western Liberalism, or perhaps more accurately, "progessive[sic]" thinking is, ironically, one of the most intolerant viewpoints out there.

ROTFLMFAO! Yes, intolerant of bigotry, intolerant of many things that harm others. That's why we are PROGRESSIVES. We believe in progressing, moving forwards, not giving in to bigots. The Regressives, the opposite of a Progressive, wants to move backwards to a time of Jim Crow, subjugation of women, serfs, and all that goes along with that. So, yes, we are intolerant of ignorance.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 15, 2012 - 10:41AM #26
mytmouse57

May 15, 2012 -- 10:20AM, mountain_man wrote:

May 15, 2012 -- 10:10AM, mytmouse57 wrote:

Western Liberalism, or perhaps more accurately, "progessive[sic]" thinking is, ironically, one of the most intolerant viewpoints out there.

ROTFLMFAO! Yes, intolerant of bigotry, intolerant of many things that harm others. That's why we are PROGRESSIVES. We believe in progressing, moving forwards, not giving in to bigots. The Regressives, the opposite of a Progressive, wants to move backwards to a time of Jim Crow, subjugation of women, serfs, and all that goes along with that. So, yes, we are intolerant of ignorance.

Thanks for proving my point.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 15, 2012 - 10:46AM #27
mytmouse57

Back on topic, any athelete who can make the team, should play. Gender should not be an issue.

As a religious institution, the school in question should also be free to hold to their standards. However, in this case, it was their loss. They lost the opportunity to compete.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 15, 2012 - 12:24PM #28
mountain_man

May 15, 2012 -- 10:41AM, mytmouse57 wrote:

Thanks for proving my point.

You had no point. You just wanted to lash out at anything Progressive. Intolerance of bigotry is a good thing.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 15, 2012 - 12:26PM #29
mountain_man

May 15, 2012 -- 10:46AM, mytmouse57 wrote:

...As a religious institution, the school in question should also be free to hold to their standards.

No, they should not. What if they would not play against a team with an Asian on their team, or an African American, or a Jew, or someone with red hair? Is bigotry a "standard"? Religion is not to be allowed to be a safe haven for bigotry. Just because a bigotry is religiously based does not mean it has to be respected or protected.

However, in this case, it was their loss. They lost the opportunity to compete.

Those kids from a school that condones bigotry will lose much more than one game.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 15, 2012 - 12:52PM #30
Iwantamotto

Meh.  The boys were just afraid the girl'd wield her bat better than they could theirs.  :P

Knock and the door shall open.  It's not my fault if you don't like the decor.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 8  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook