Page 3 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Twenty years for a warning shot?
2 years ago  ::  May 30, 2012 - 1:05PM #21
mainecaptain

May 30, 2012 -- 12:43PM, TPaine wrote:

May 30, 2012 -- 11:31AM, rangerken wrote:

May 30, 2012 -- 10:31AM, farragut wrote:

I guess y'all are right. I'll put the 20 Ga. and its no. 6 shot back in the gun cabinet, and bring out a 12 with buckshot.

That should keep us safe.

Excellent decision!

Ken

My friend, a retired Special Agent for the Treasury Department recommends a 12 gage with #6 bird-shot because it won't penetrate wallboard and possibly injure someone in the next room.

now that is good advice

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 30, 2012 - 2:08PM #22
Roodog

May 30, 2012 -- 12:43PM, TPaine wrote:

May 30, 2012 -- 11:31AM, rangerken wrote:

May 30, 2012 -- 10:31AM, farragut wrote:

I guess y'all are right. I'll put the 20 Ga. and its no. 6 shot back in the gun cabinet, and bring out a 12 with buckshot.

That should keep us safe.

Excellent decision!

Ken

My friend, a retired Special Agent for the Treasury Department recommends a 12 gage with #6 bird-shot because it won't penetrate wallboard and possibly injure someone in the next room.

That is exactly why I use birdshot.

For those who have faith, no explanation is neccessary.
For those who have no faith, no explanation is possible.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 30, 2012 - 4:52PM #23
farragut

Yes, but if birdshot cannot penetrate drywall, how can we expect it to so perforate a perp as to send him on to his reward? Buckshot can be expected so to do.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 30, 2012 - 6:25PM #24
Roodog

May 30, 2012 -- 6:17PM, Dondiegodelavega wrote:

May 21, 2012 -- 1:52AM, Roodog wrote:

May 20, 2012 -- 10:10PM, solfeggio wrote:

So, are you saying, then, that America is slowly sliding back to the days of overt racism in America?

I Googled the question, and I found this blog:

millermps.wordpress.com/2012/05/04/racis...

The fellow writing the blog claims there are more arrests of African-Americans than any other group, and that there is a higher conviction and sentencing rate for African-Americans than whites.

And he concludes his short essay by saying that African-Americans remain America's stigmatised class.

Looking back into America's early history, it is true that the founding fathers gave the states political representation based on the fallacious idea that a black American counted for only 3/5 of a white American, and they did endorse slavery.

But, surely, the majority of white Americans do not subscribe to this sort of thinking? 

Still, there does seem to be a hard-core of racially motivated white Americans from the political far-right wing that has never supported racial equality.

To what degree is America a racist culture?  

Not quite as bad as Nazi Germany, Solf, but the US is an election and/or an emergency from getting there. Part of it will be a reaction against our current presidential administration. There are rumblings of secession in certain southern and western states. We could see the US break up into 3 to 5 countries by mid century if we are not careful. This is why I advised  people of minority ethnic and religious backgrounds to have an up to date passport and some investments in the country to which they intend to flee to. I think it'll get ugly over here. 

By the way, Solf, why do you think I am terribly alarmed with the detention centers used to warehouse illegal immigrants? History tells us that such facilities always expand in number,size and the classes of people to be detained. Right now it could be illegal immigrants, in a few years the homeless, in a few more years the ghetto underclass, mainly blacks and hispanics.

This is the entrance to one of the 500 [out of 600] concentration camps that America has. They are all empty, but they are staffed and ready for action if the entire country gets violent and serious marshall law is given to us. They are, to an extent, concealed from the public. FEMA built and runs them. They are equipped to run like the Nazi camps if necessary.

Dondiego,

Can you provide us information about the source of the above photograph and it's caption? Not that I am saying that it's hooey, but something as grave as the allegations made in the above photo and caption needs verification from a reputable source.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 30, 2012 - 6:34PM #25
Roodog

May 30, 2012 -- 4:52PM, farragut wrote:

Yes, but if birdshot cannot penetrate drywall, how can we expect it to so perforate a perp as to send him on to his reward? Buckshot can be expected so to do.

People and birds are pretty much made up of the same stuff, Farragut, and at close quarters, birdshot is quite effective on people. Over penetration can get you sued, if not prosecuted.

St. Thomas Aquinas

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 30, 2012 - 7:54PM #26
farragut

Penetration, however slight, is sufficient to constitute the offense, but it would probably take no. 4 shot to cook one's goose.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 30, 2012 - 8:57PM #27
Dondiegodelavega

May 30, 2012 -- 6:25PM, Roodog wrote:

So, are you saying, then, that America is slowly sliding back to the days of overt racism in America?

The fellow writing the blog claims there are more arrests of African-Americans than any other group, and that there is a higher conviction and sentencing rate for African-Americans than whites.

And he concludes his short essay by saying that African-Americans remain America's stigmatised class.

Looking back into America's early history, it is true that the founding fathers gave the states political representation based on the fallacious idea that a black American counted for only 3/5 of a white American, and they did endorse slavery.

But, surely, the majority of white Americans do not subscribe to this sort of thinking? 

Still, there does seem to be a hard-core of racially motivated white Americans from the political far-right wing that has never supported racial equality.

Not quite as bad as Nazi Germany, Solf, but the US is an election and/or an emergency from getting there. Part of it will be a reaction against our current presidential administration. There are rumblings of secession in certain southern and western states. We could see the US break up into 3 to 5 countries by mid century if we are not careful. This is why I advised  people of minority ethnic and religious backgrounds to have an up to date passport and some investments in the country to which they intend to flee to. I think it'll get ugly over here. 

By the way, Solf, why do you think I am terribly alarmed with the detention centers used to warehouse illegal immigrants? History tells us that such facilities always expand in number,size and the classes of people to be detained. Right now it could be illegal immigrants, in a few years the homeless, in a few more years the ghetto underclass, mainly blacks and hispanics.

This is the entrance to one of the 500 [out of 600] concentration camps that America has. They are all empty, but they are staffed and ready for action if the entire country gets violent and serious marshall law is given to us. They are, to an extent, concealed from the public. FEMA built and runs them. They are equipped to run like the Nazi camps if necessary.

Dondiego,

Can you provide us information about the source of the above photograph and it's caption? Not that I am saying that it's hooey, but something as grave as the allegations made in the above photo and caption needs verification from a reputable source.

In the search box of your computer at the top, type in America's Concentration Camps, then press SEARCH. You'll find all types of info on the subject. Too many to mention here.

A Don Diego De La Vega Production in Association with Squirrel Productions Limited
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 30, 2012 - 9:31PM #28
Roodog

May 30, 2012 -- 8:57PM, Dondiegodelavega wrote:

May 30, 2012 -- 6:25PM, Roodog wrote:

Dondiego,

In the search box of your computer at the top, type in America's Concentration Camps, then press SEARCH. You'll find all types of info on the subject. Too many to mention here.

However, many of those sites are run by crackpots, Dondiego, this is why I had asked for a reputable source.

St. Thomas Aquinas

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 31, 2012 - 1:50AM #29
Yavanna

You're asking Dondie for a reputable source. Cool

The dwarves of yore made mighty spells,
While hammers fell like ringing bells
In places deep, where dark things sleep,
In hollow halls beneath the fells.

For ancient king and elvish lord
There many a gloaming golden hoard
They shaped and wrought, and light they caught
To hide in gems on hilt of sword.
- J.R.R. Tolkien
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 31, 2012 - 3:43PM #30
Roodog

May 31, 2012 -- 1:50AM, Yavanna wrote:

You're asking Dondie for a reputable source. Cool

I am familiar with the Pabst Report and REX 84, Yavanna. This information had crossed my desk courtesy of personal contacts back in the 1990's.  In 1985 Jack Anderson wrote an article in the Rocky Mountain News ," A Law That Can Turn the USA Into a Dictatorship" which discussed FEMA as it existed in the mid-eighties. That same year, Penthouse magazine printed "A Blueprint for Tyranny" which also discussed FEMA.

Executive Orders 10994-11005, signed by Kennedy in February 1962, at the height of the Cold War, authorized the Executive  Branch to federalize absolutely everything, including all food, fuel, transportation and even the people in a national emergency. To my best knowlege, these Executive Orders and others putting even more powers into the President's hands are still in force.

Only recently has there been any talk on mainstream media has there been any talk about mass detainment of any class of persons in this country. Within the last couple of weeks Frontline, a news magazine on PBS, has reported about the detention of illegal immigrants on a significant scale. This is the first time in decades that mainstream media has broached the subject. The only sites prior to that has been militias, white supremists and fringe groups whose credibility is questionable at best.

St. Thomas Aquinas

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook