Page 8 of 8  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
Switch to Forum Live View Obama Declares Support for Same Sex Marriage
2 years ago  ::  May 11, 2012 - 9:00PM #71
Roodog

May 11, 2012 -- 7:00PM, Marcion wrote:

May 11, 2012 -- 12:15AM, Roodog wrote:

Might I note that the opening shot of the Nazi Holocaust of 1933-45 was the  infamous Nuremberg Laws? These were laws regulating who could marry whom and who could sleep with whom.

There has been rumblings of not only trying to reverse Griswold v. Connecticut and Lawrence v Texas, but also a call to reverse Loving v. Virginia.

This has got to be nipped in the bud because such things as the Holocaust can happen in America.

Not only can happen but did happen. The Government supported genocide of the American Indians is no different than the Nazi genocide against the Jews. If the US had the technology for gas chambers and ovens thay would have used them.

In various parts of the South, Blacks on welfare were compelled to have their children sterilized within the past fifty years.

For those who have faith, no explanation is neccessary.
For those who have no faith, no explanation is possible.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 12, 2012 - 9:04AM #72
Marcion

May 11, 2012 -- 9:00PM, Roodog wrote:

May 11, 2012 -- 7:00PM, Marcion wrote:

May 11, 2012 -- 12:15AM, Roodog wrote:

Might I note that the opening shot of the Nazi Holocaust of 1933-45 was the  infamous Nuremberg Laws? These were laws regulating who could marry whom and who could sleep with whom.

There has been rumblings of not only trying to reverse Griswold v. Connecticut and Lawrence v Texas, but also a call to reverse Loving v. Virginia.

This has got to be nipped in the bud because such things as the Holocaust can happen in America.

Not only can happen but did happen. The Government supported genocide of the American Indians is no different than the Nazi genocide against the Jews. If the US had the technology for gas chambers and ovens thay would have used them.

In various parts of the South, Blacks on welfare were compelled to have their children sterilized within the past fifty years.

In the 1930's the state of Virginia had a sterilization program and communicated on a regular basis with the Nazi program.

I think it hypocritical whenever the US takes the "moral high ground" with other nations on human rights issues.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 12, 2012 - 10:22AM #73
REteach

I wish the chicken littles had less impact on politics. There are some important things we all need to worry about.  THe chicken littles, though, squawk about minutiae that don't affect them directly.  

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 12, 2012 - 1:03PM #74
mainecaptain

May 12, 2012 -- 10:22AM, REteach wrote:

I wish the chicken littles had less impact on politics. There are some important things we all need to worry about.  THe chicken littles, though, squawk about minutiae that don't affect them directly.  

This is very true. In fact the chicken littles only seem to care about minutiae that does not affect them at all. Nothing like weak, whiny people to screw up the country.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 19, 2012 - 1:29PM #75
Merope

'Bout time, Mr. President Cool

This thread was moved from the Hot Topics Zone.  Do carry on with the discussion here.

Merope | Beliefnet Community Manager
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 31, 2012 - 5:47AM #76
Estacia

It's re- election time!!!! He is needy for votes!!!!!

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 8 of 8  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook