Page 3 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next
Switch to Forum Live View PUNCH the Gay Out of Your Kids
2 years ago  ::  May 06, 2012 - 12:41AM #21
mountain_man

May 5, 2012 -- 1:57PM, mainecaptain wrote:

This is exactly the case I believe. And I fear for all the Children this bast*rd preacher has put in jeopardy. Because there are those, (far too many I suspect) that will take this preachers advice.

Although to be honest I am surprised more have not defended this preacher, since so many defended the rape by proxy laws (Intra-vaginal probes), and other various atrocities. in the name of their Christianity

Of course they listen to their preachers. Here's a case where the preacher did the killing:

Sometime in October 2010, prosecutors told the judge, one of the women told the defendant that Jadon had hit another child's bottom, and Moses retaliated because he thought the boy might be homosexual - partially because the child's father had left his mother.

Homosexuality, Cline contended, is frowned upon by the Black Hebrews, so the defendant asked the boy's mother to get rid of him.

Moses then ordered two of the other women to set up computers and speakers in the garage, prosecutors contend, then the defendant took the boy into the garage, where music and the Lord's Prayer in Hebrew blared, and a gunshot sounded. One of the women told investigators the boy was shot in the head.

Source.

Don't watch this video if you want to believe preachers preacing violence against gay children has no effect.

Don't watch this video either.

There are many other videos and news reports for you not to read if you wish to believe that preachers preaching hatred and violence against gay children has no effect.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 06, 2012 - 1:03PM #22
karbie

This "pastor" has no business being in a pulpit, paid to spew forth such garbage. Gee, wonder what Jesus and the Apostles are shown wearing to this group of cretins. Business suits? What if the little boy wasn't "homo" but wanted to dress up like Jesus?

As to the minister who went beyond beating the gay out of children to the one who insisted a "suspected" gay child be killed, I hope he's found guilty and never gets out of prison.

These groups can't be defended by Christians because Jesus never preached violence toward children. As for those who might be slavering along with these messages, they aren't going to admit it and be seen as the homophobic idiots they are.

If the main messages coming from the pulpit are full of hatred--not that I'm a fan of fire and brimstone, but for someone to actually advocate physical, mental, emotional, and verbal abuse of young children, either fire the preacher and/or change churches.

"You are letting your opinion be colored by facts again."
'When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you."
these are both from my father.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 06, 2012 - 1:38PM #23
mainecaptain

You know that is the funny thing. Jesus welcome children if I remember my teaching correctly. But children are abused in the name of Christianity all the time. As you can see by this preacher, we are discussing, but he is not unique.

There is a book by a preacher, telling parents they should start physically disciplining  (euphemism for beating) their children as young as 18 month old. As if an 18 month old would have a clue why it is being abused. Children are smart but an little child has no idea.

So although Jesus may have had a warm heart for children, Christianity does not seem to. Any Catholics remembering Nuns?

Not all the preachers I have met, but the majority of the ones I have met all advocate some form of corporal punishment.

And no to correct a worng and set the child on the right path as  much as punishing the child for being a child. I have heard preachers say terrible things even about tiny babies.

I have noticed although not many Christians are openly supporting this preacher, not many are calling him out on it either.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 06, 2012 - 5:23PM #24
mountain_man

May 6, 2012 -- 1:38PM, mainecaptain wrote:

...I have noticed although not many Christians are openly supporting this preacher, not many are calling him out on it either.

That's the problem; their silence is a tacit approval.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 06, 2012 - 7:00PM #25
mainecaptain

May 6, 2012 -- 5:23PM, mountain_man wrote:

May 6, 2012 -- 1:38PM, mainecaptain wrote:

...I have noticed although not many Christians are openly supporting this preacher, not many are calling him out on it either.

That's the problem; their silence is a tacit approval.

I think a lot of them really do support this evil bast**d, so yes.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 07, 2012 - 1:57PM #26
Do_unto_others

May 3, 2012 -- 1:45PM, mytmouse57 wrote:

May 3, 2012 -- 1:32PM, Do_unto_others wrote:

May 3, 2012 -- 12:02PM, mytmouse57 wrote:

May 3, 2012 -- 11:48AM, Girlchristian wrote:

May 2, 2012 -- 9:30PM, mountain_man wrote:

May 2, 2012 -- 2:40PM, Do_unto_others wrote:

Bumped because this demands a response from the "Christianists".

Yeah, I'd like to see a christian defend what this preacher said.

It's most likely that none of the Christians that post here have defended this because none of them agree with it...

I would say that's correct. I was Christian for about the first 19 years of my life, and have been around many Christians of all sorts of sects and denomiations since. 

I've never heard any of them talking about the virtues of punching people. 

Then maybe you should listen to the tape of what this "Christian" "pastor" said. It is chilling. And it was said from the pulpit, with more than a few "Amens" shouted from the congregation.

I don't care what one nutcase and a few toadies have to say. This does not reflect the teachings and example of Christ, and nor would most Christians think it does. 

I absolutely agree that it "does not reflect the teachings and example of Christ", but sadly, it is all too typical of the public face of fundagelical christianity in America today. Sorry, but they're far from being just "one nutcase and a few toadies". Myriad examples abound, sadly.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 07, 2012 - 2:09PM #27
Do_unto_others

May 6, 2012 -- 12:41AM, mountain_man wrote:

May 5, 2012 -- 1:57PM, mainecaptain wrote:

This is exactly the case I believe. And I fear for all the Children this bast*rd preacher has put in jeopardy. Because there are those, (far too many I suspect) that will take this preachers advice.

Although to be honest I am surprised more have not defended this preacher, since so many defended the rape by proxy laws (Intra-vaginal probes), and other various atrocities. in the name of their Christianity

Of course they listen to their preachers. Here's a case where the preacher did the killing:

Sometime in October 2010, prosecutors told the judge, one of the women told the defendant that Jadon had hit another child's bottom, and Moses retaliated because he thought the boy might be homosexual - partially because the child's father had left his mother.

Homosexuality, Cline contended, is frowned upon by the Black Hebrews, so the defendant asked the boy's mother to get rid of him.

Moses then ordered two of the other women to set up computers and speakers in the garage, prosecutors contend, then the defendant took the boy into the garage, where music and the Lord's Prayer in Hebrew blared, and a gunshot sounded. One of the women told investigators the boy was shot in the head.

Source.

Don't watch this video if you want to believe preachers preacing violence against gay children has no effect.

Don't watch this video either.

There are many other videos and news reports for you not to read if you wish to believe that preachers preaching hatred and violence against gay children has no effect.

They won't watch the vids. Nor will they read "To Train Up A Child" that Mainecaptain mentioned. They ignore the article I referenced. And they refused to refute "Rev'd." Jimmy Swaggart's infamous internationally televised 'sermon' in which he said:

"If a man so much as LOOKED at me "funny", I'd kill him and tell God he died."

No, their very mantra is - 'It doesn't happen.' Which is why I call them delusional.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 07, 2012 - 2:15PM #28
mountain_man

May 7, 2012 -- 2:09PM, Do_unto_others wrote:

They won't watch the vids. Nor will they read "To Train Up A Child" that Mainecaptain mentioned. They ignore the article I referenced. And they refused to refute "Rev'd." Jimmy Swaggart's infamous internationally televised 'sermon' in which he said:

"If a man so much as LOOKED at me "funny", I'd kill him and tell God he died."

No, their very mantra is - 'It doesn't happen.' Which is why I call them delusional.

The amount of violence towards homosexuals, and the GLBT community, is disgusting. I've been around awhile observing things and I've met only one non religious person (an Atheist) that participated in that. All this hatred, anger, violence, bias, appears to come almost exclusively from religious groups. Is this can't be coming from the religion itself so it has to be coming from the extremist preachers, as the one in the OP, that preach such hatred.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 07, 2012 - 2:22PM #29
mainecaptain

May 7, 2012 -- 1:57PM, Do_unto_others wrote:

May 3, 2012 -- 1:45PM, mytmouse57 wrote:

I don't care what one nutcase and a few toadies have to say. This does not reflect the teachings and example of Christ, and nor would most Christians think it does. 

I absolutely agree that it "does not reflect the teachings and example of Christ", but sadly, it is all too typical of the public face of fundagelical christianity in America today. Sorry, but they're far from being just "one nutcase and a few toadies". Myriad examples abound, sadly.

Funny. Yes maybe it does not affect the teachings of Christ, but what it means is people don't follow Christ. So it is a moot point. People claiming to be followers, teachers, preachers of Christ are encouraging people toward incredible child abuse.

That preacher is not a nut case or maybe he is (he is by my standards),but a good many are, He is fairly mid stream. Fairly common. At least in my experience. Maybe a little more open about it, more honest about it, rather then hiding in the closet and abusing children. But I have known IRL quite a few who would agree with him to some degree.

I know a man now, he would probably not beat the child (I am not 100% sure, but I don't think so) if he/she was gay, but he would throw him out of the house. not much better. Never have contact again, unless the child could change his basic make, or fake heterosexuality.

I've said it before, Christianity does not make people better, this holy spirit everyone talks about does not make people, better. I've seen no evidence.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 07, 2012 - 6:01PM #30
MysticWanderer

May 7, 2012 -- 2:22PM, mainecaptain wrote:

I've said it before, Christianity does not make people better, this holy spirit everyone talks about does not make people, better. I've seen no evidence.

You are entirely correct about that.  The Holy Spirit will not change you.  It will advise and guide you, if and only if you choose to listen.  If you do not you will remian the same as always.  Those who expect the Holy Spirit to some how come in and do a makeover have forgotten that they must work for what they get.

"Not all who wander are lost" J.R.R.Tolkein
You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do. ~Anne Lamott
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain."
Friedrich von Schiller
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook