Page 4 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next
Switch to Forum Live View PUNCH the Gay Out of Your Kids
3 years ago  ::  May 07, 2012 - 6:06PM #31
mytmouse57

May 7, 2012 -- 6:01PM, MysticWanderer wrote:

May 7, 2012 -- 2:22PM, mainecaptain wrote:

I've said it before, Christianity does not make people better, this holy spirit everyone talks about does not make people, better. I've seen no evidence.

You are entirely correct about that.  The Holy Spirit will not change you.  It will advise and guide you, if and only if you choose to listen.  If you do not you will remian the same as always.  Those who expect the Holy Spirit to some how come in and do a makeover have forgotten that they must work for what they get.

But it's so much easier to just sit and take pot shots at big targets, and then imagine yourself so much more clever than the rest. Wink

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 10, 2012 - 12:06PM #32
karbie

Well, when one or more of members of his congregation are charged with child abuse, he should be charged as an accessory. Inciting violent acts is a crime even if you do it from the pulpit.

As for separation of the church and state, they are the people trying to force the country into becoming a theocracy. And that's worked out so well in other countries, hasn't it?

"Let he who is without sin throw the first stone"..that was Jesus. (And in the trend of jokes going around when I was in HS, the next line was supposed to be "Put the rock down, Mother."

No one here can condemn anyone else's soul to Hell; it's really clear in both Testaments that the only one who gets that job is God.

If anyone with that much hatred in their hearts does manage to make it into Heaven, I hope they spend a chunk of eternity listening to the Gay Men's Chorus singing hymns. They can hold Jerry Falwell's purse for him while he's wearing a purple suit.

"You are letting your opinion be colored by facts again."
'When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you."
these are both from my father.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 10, 2012 - 12:46PM #33
mytmouse57

Wouldn't Falwell in a purple suit be more akin to Hell?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 10, 2012 - 1:14PM #34
karbie

Actually, it might be for him, but it amuses me. How about rainbows on his tie?  I'd like to think that one of the things you'd learn in Heaven is tolerance if you never bothered with it here. I think when the time comes Pat Robinson could be in pink and in say, the Russian Orthodox section. I wouldn't wish them the supposed terrorist Paradise with all the virgins waiting for them. First, it's hard to figure out what any of the virgins could have done to deserve them...although I like my son's take on it. He pointed out that it doesn't say what species the virgins belong to.

It is interesting that the Moron Minister was associating your daughter being a lesbian if she participates in sports.

In Heinlein's Glory Road, the hero gets rid of an ogre by feeding it to itself. Started with a foot, worked in the next, an arm, a shoulder until all that was left was a little grease on his hands. Since this minister has his feet in his mouth and his head up his ass, perhaps that would work on him as well.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 10, 2012 - 7:07PM #35
REteach

The guy is probably another poor, pitiful self-loathing closet gay.  

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 10, 2012 - 7:48PM #36
mainecaptain

May 10, 2012 -- 7:07PM, REteach wrote:

I was wondering that myself.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 10, 2012 - 10:50PM #37
Do_unto_others

I listened to the rant, er 'sermon' and he sure sounds angry ... at something.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 11, 2012 - 11:44AM #38
mytmouse57

May 10, 2012 -- 7:07PM, REteach wrote:

Most vehement homophobes are.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 11, 2012 - 3:08PM #39
karbie

So, if your son plays sports, he's a "real" man. If your daughter plays sports, she may be a lesbian. Probably has short hair or other indicator.

I would really hate having that guy's genes flowing in my blood stream. Punching your kids doesn't prove anything except that your are a triple threat abuser who should be in jail. Kicked out of the pulpit, the so-called church, and flushed out of everyone's system.

With a restraining order to keep him from continuing his ministry of hate.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 11, 2012 - 3:41PM #40
mainecaptain

May 11, 2012 -- 3:08PM, karbie wrote:

So, if your son plays sports, he's a "real" man. If your daughter plays sports, she may be a lesbian. Probably has short hair or other indicator.

I would really hate having that guy's genes flowing in my blood stream. Punching your kids doesn't prove anything except that your are a triple threat abuser who should be in jail. Kicked out of the pulpit, the so-called church, and flushed out of everyone's system.

With a restraining order to keep him from continuing his ministry of hate.

Yes.

Can you imagine what that kind of evil would do to a male child who loves music or likes to read. Full on physical abuse.  Never mind that child might grow up to be a great musician or doctor. Must beat the gay out of him just in case.

Same applies to female children who might grow up to be great doctor or scientist, astronaut  and save the world from some plague. Can't let that happen,  she might be a lesbian. We must put her in frilly dresses and force  her to be stupid and submissive to men.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook