Post Reply
Page 3 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 Next
Switch to Forum Live View 115 Years old and still going strong
2 years ago  ::  Apr 23, 2012 - 10:12PM #21
MMarcoe
Posts: 15,762

I plan to die at 118 while having hot, nasty sex with a 25-year-old porn star.


Is there any better way to exit this earth? I think not.


 

There are three sides to every story: your side, my side, and the truth.

God is just a personification of reality, of pure objectivity.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 23, 2012 - 11:18PM #22
Mlyons619
Posts: 16,336

Apr 23, 2012 -- 6:59PM, solfeggio wrote:

Life as a means to an end?  That's a curious way of looking at it. 


For all we puny, goofy humans know, when this life is over we all disappear into the ether and are nothing.


Or, perhaps, we are just born again and have another round of trying to make sense of existence.  It could be a never-ending story.


Maybe there are an infinite number of possible life scenarios, and we're just caught up in one of them at present - or we think we are.  For all we know we're just holograms, or projections of some far more advanced being's thoughts.  (I love that one.)


At any rate, whatever the reason we're around (or think we're around), I think we should try to do the greatest good we can.  The older I get, the more I feel the truth of that.


Or maybe we face the Lord Almighty in judgement before the Great White Throne...


Whoops?

"No freedom without education"
            --Thomas Jefferson

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition"
            -- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 23, 2012 - 11:22PM #23
Swim4fun
Posts: 24

Apr 21, 2012 -- 6:40PM, solfeggio wrote:

The world's oldest man just celebrated his 115th birthday.  He's a farmer from Kyoto, Japan, and he says he's always eaten small portions of food, and been the sort of a guy who always looked to the sky.  As well, he thinks of himself as a someone who is always trying to learn new things.

Sounds like a good recipe for longevity to me. 

www.webpronews.com/worlds-oldest-living-...


www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2132700...


I think Japan is the home of longivity, because the natural environment there is much greener than other countries, esp. the developping countries, and the food there is much better and more natural for our health, and peolpe there are always eager to know new things, and they never stop thinking.


If let me choose another place for living, Japan will be my answer without any doubt.


Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 24, 2012 - 12:18PM #24
mytmouse57
Posts: 9,782

Apr 23, 2012 -- 6:59PM, solfeggio wrote:


Life as a means to an end?  That's a curious way of looking at it. 


For all we puny, goofy humans know, when this life is over we all disappear into the ether and are nothing.


Or, perhaps, we are just born again and have another round of trying to make sense of existence.  It could be a never-ending story.


Maybe there are an infinite number of possible life scenarios, and we're just caught up in one of them at present - or we think we are.  For all we know we're just holograms, or projections of some far more advanced being's thoughts.  (I love that one.)


At any rate, whatever the reason we're around (or think we're around), I think we should try to do the greatest good we can.  The older I get, the more I feel the truth of that.




I'm not saying life should not be lived to the fullest, taken with gratitude for each moment and applied to the greatest good -- it absolutely should.


I simply don't share your dim view of what a human being is. 


And when one comes to the realization that this life is a means to an end, rather than an end in and of itself, how long one might be here becomes increasingly less important. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 24, 2012 - 12:20PM #25
mytmouse57
Posts: 9,782

Apr 23, 2012 -- 10:12PM, MMarcoe wrote:


I plan to die at 118 while having hot, nasty sex with a 25-year-old porn star.


Is there any better way to exit this earth? I think not.


 




I've always said, if it were up to me to decide how I'll exit this place,  I would like to be an old man hobbling past a several-story building, and have a piano somehow fall out of one of the upper floor windows and smack me in the head. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 28, 2012 - 1:41PM #26
BDboy
Posts: 5,127

Apr 21, 2012 -- 6:40PM, solfeggio wrote:

The world's oldest man just celebrated his 115th birthday.  He's a farmer from Kyoto, Japan, and he says he's always eaten small portions of food, and been the sort of a guy who always looked to the sky.  As well, he thinks of himself as a someone who is always trying to learn new things.

Sounds like a good recipe for longevity to me. 

www.webpronews.com/worlds-oldest-living-...


www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2132700...[/quote]


 


>>>>>> Cool.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 28, 2012 - 5:41PM #27
MMarcoe
Posts: 15,762

Apr 24, 2012 -- 12:20PM, mytmouse57 wrote:


Apr 23, 2012 -- 10:12PM, MMarcoe wrote:


I plan to die at 118 while having hot, nasty sex with a 25-year-old porn star.


Is there any better way to exit this earth? I think not.


 




I've always said, if it were up to me to decide how I'll exit this place,  I would like to be an old man hobbling past a several-story building, and have a piano somehow fall out of one of the upper floor windows and smack me in the head. 





I suppose .... But wouldn't my way ensure that you go out in a state of ecstatic bliss?


 

There are three sides to every story: your side, my side, and the truth.

God is just a personification of reality, of pure objectivity.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 28, 2012 - 8:02PM #28
solfeggio
Posts: 8,895

Well, since nobody knows just what happens when we exit this moral coil, for all anybody knows, we could all have died an infinite number of times already, come back, and lived some more.


It would explain deja vu.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2012 - 11:14AM #29
mytmouse57
Posts: 9,782

Apr 28, 2012 -- 5:41PM, MMarcoe wrote:


Apr 24, 2012 -- 12:20PM, mytmouse57 wrote:


Apr 23, 2012 -- 10:12PM, MMarcoe wrote:


I plan to die at 118 while having hot, nasty sex with a 25-year-old porn star.


Is there any better way to exit this earth? I think not.


 




I've always said, if it were up to me to decide how I'll exit this place,  I would like to be an old man hobbling past a several-story building, and have a piano somehow fall out of one of the upper floor windows and smack me in the head. 





I suppose .... But wouldn't my way ensure that you go out in a state of ecstatic bliss?


 





Perhaps.


But my way would be funny.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2012 - 11:15AM #30
mytmouse57
Posts: 9,782

Apr 28, 2012 -- 8:02PM, solfeggio wrote:


Well, since nobody knows just what happens when we exit this moral coil, for all anybody knows, we could all have died an infinite number of times already, come back, and lived some more.


It would explain deja vu.





Peronally, don't believe in reincarnation. But, on one point you're correct -- there's only one way to find out the answers for sure.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 Next
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook