Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
3 years ago  ::  Apr 18, 2012 - 3:51PM #1
Girlchristian
www.tmz.com/2012/04/18/dick-clark-dead-h...

Dick Clark -- famed TV producer, and "New Year's Rockin' Eve" host -- died from a massive heart attack this morning ... TMZ has learned.

Clark's rep tells TMZ, the TV icon had been in St. John's hospital in L.A. after undergoing an outpatient procedure last night. Clark suffered the "massive" heart attack following the procedure. Attempts to resuscitate him were unsuccessful.

Clark was 82.

Condolences for his family and friends...
"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." George Chakiris

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.” Stuart Chase
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 18, 2012 - 5:11PM #2
hopebringer

R I P    Mr. Clark .  You sure did have a style.  

Challenge is a dragon with a gift in its mouth. Tame the dragon and the gift is yours. ~ Noela Evans
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 18, 2012 - 5:29PM #3
teilhard

His published age was "82," but I have it on good Authority that it was more like, "132" ...

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 18, 2012 - 9:53PM #4
Merope

He had a great beat and he was easy to dance to.  I give him a 100 Kiss

I am so dating myself, but I used to come home from high school (probably junior high, too) and watch American Bandstand pretty regularly.  I mean, it was the best :-)

Bandstand was really inspired for the time, although I'm sure it had its precendents.  It was a national bond shared by loads of teens across the country.  Plus, we could all check out the latest dances, check out people who danced better (or worse) than us, check out the cute guys and what the girls were wearing, and polish up our own dance skills.  And the guest bands were a great treat.

And wasn't John Waters' Hairspray based on the whole American Bandstand concept?

Merope | Beliefnet Community Manager
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 18, 2012 - 9:57PM #5
Merope

Apr 18, 2012 -- 5:29PM, teilhard wrote:

His published age was "82," but I have it on good Authority that it was more like, "132" ...

Thus further cementing his reputation as the world's oldest teenager Tongue Out

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 18, 2012 - 10:10PM #6
Do_unto_others

Confirm or deny: Was Clark the model for Corny Collins in John Waters' Hairspray?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2012 - 7:43AM #7
Marcion

Dick Clark was an integral part of my teen age years and I have fond memories of him.

We all have to die sometime so no point in whining, just remember the good times.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2012 - 9:47AM #8
farragut

Fortunately, we did not have television during my teen-age years, so I did not have to put up with that part of American culture.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2012 - 11:08AM #9
TemplarS

Well, Farragut, American "culture" today isn't a whole lot better...

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2012 - 12:25PM #10
Merope

Apr 18, 2012 -- 10:10PM, Do_unto_others wrote:

Confirm or deny: Was Clark the model for Corny Collins in John Waters' Hairspray?

Good question :-)  Not sure.  I'll have to do some checking.  It's been a long time since I saw Hairspray.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook