Page 6 of 20  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 20 Next
2 years ago  ::  Apr 18, 2012 - 8:07PM #51
mytmouse57

Apr 18, 2012 -- 7:22PM, solfeggio wrote:

Call it Bambi, after some stupid old Disney movie, and the whole practise of killing an animal that has not posed a threat to you, and whose flesh you do not need to survive, and the whole process becomes just one big joke to some of you, I guess.

If this could be thought of as the typical human reaction to unnecessary killing of anything, then we're a callous, cold-hearted race.

And not a 'master race' by any stretch of the imagination.                           

Bambi wasn't a stupid movie.

And the "Bambi" deer was shot on accident by another guy. I wasn't going to just leave it there to rot.

Solf, you don't need cats to survive, but other animals die so they can eat. There's contradictions in all of our lives.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 18, 2012 - 9:11PM #52
farragut

Let's rant again, like we did yesterday,

Let's rant again, like we did last week.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2012 - 12:04AM #53
jane2

Apr 18, 2012 -- 9:11PM, farragut wrote:

Oh yes,....................  ;)..........................

discuss catholicism
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2012 - 12:19AM #54
teilhard

That is NOT a Song that premiered on "American Bandstand" ... (In any Case I refuse to DANCE to THAT Tune ... ) ....

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2012 - 12:37AM #55
rabello

If there's anything to "rant" about, it's the vicious slaughter of baby seals for thier fur, not for food, just like the vicious slaughter of dolphins for their entertainment potential, not for food, is something to "rant" about.

I, for one, am glad there are people willing to rant and suffer the ire of those who don't care to expose these cruel practices, just like I am glad that there are some people willing to put themselves in harms way by taking position between the prey and the killers.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2012 - 1:25AM #56
solfeggio

Expressing a philosophical position is hardly 'ranting.'

And, I find it interesting to note that those like Jane and Farragut who are constantly labelling others' opinions as 'ranting', or Teilhard, who makes a joke about everything, never reply to those opinions with more than one sentence answers themselves.

Can't be bothered to do any 'ranting' yourselves, folks?  Or just not that interested in the topic under discussion?

In that case, why bother to post in this thread or any other dealing with issues of animal cruelty at all?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2012 - 7:45AM #57
Marcion

I thought this practice was banned. I guess killing wolves is not enough to satisfy human blood lust.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2012 - 7:52AM #58
teilhard

On the Contrary, I have repeatedly posted that I FAVOR increased "Animal Rights" and even extending "Rights" and their Legal Protections also to Plants and even to some In-Animate Entities ... We're just having a D-I-S-C-U-S-S-I-O-N about these Questions ... Where's the Problem ... ???

Apr 19, 2012 -- 1:25AM, solfeggio wrote:

Expressing a philosophical position is hardly 'ranting.'

And, I find it interesting to note that those like Jane and Farragut who are constantly labelling others' opinions as 'ranting', or Teilhard, who makes a joke about everything, never reply to those opinions with more than one sentence answers themselves.

Can't be bothered to do any 'ranting' yourselves, folks?  Or just not that interested in the topic under discussion?

In that case, why bother to post in this thread or any other dealing with issues of animal cruelty at all?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2012 - 9:35AM #59
arielg

Ranting is for  people who have something to say.  Much easier to just shoot down whatever someone puts up.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2012 - 11:07AM #60
teilhard

Well, yes ...

A "Rant" is just mostly Blowing-off-Steam foisted by someone NOT  INTERESTED in mutual Conversation ...

Apr 19, 2012 -- 9:35AM, arielg wrote:

Ranting is for  people who have something to say.  Much easier to just shoot down whatever someone puts up.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 6 of 20  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 20 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook