Page 18 of 20  •  Prev 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next
3 years ago  ::  Apr 28, 2012 - 10:34PM #171
rabello

Apr 28, 2012 -- 10:17PM, teilhard wrote:

YOU (again) OBJECT to the MANNER of Death of the Baby Seals, and THEN you OBJECT when someone else joins in the Discussion ...

No, I asked those who support the slaughter of hundreds of thousands of baby seals why they are clubbed in the head till they're dead instead of being shot, electrocuted, having their throats cut, being strangled, or given a shot.   That does not mean, or even imply, that I "favor" them getting shot, electrocuted, having thier throats cut, being strangled, or given a shot.

If those who support this brutality can't even answer the question, then they can't answer the question.  All that does is undermine their supposed "support" -- no skin off my back, I know why they clobber them with clubs.

If you don't want a RESPONSE to your Posts, you perhaps ought not POST anything ...

Perhaps you should stick to giving your own opinions, and not tell others what their opinion are.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 28, 2012 - 10:42PM #172
teilhard

So ... The MANNER of the Death of the Baby Seals is IRRELEVANT in your Opinion ... You simply object to their being killed by ANY Means ...

Apr 28, 2012 -- 10:34PM, rabello wrote:

YOU (again) OBJECT to the MANNER of Death of the Baby Seals, and THEN you OBJECT when someone else joins in the Discussion ...

No, I asked those who support the slaughter of hundreds of thousands of baby seals why they are clubbed in the head till they're dead instead of being shot, electrocuted, having their throats cut, being strangled, or given a shot.   That does not mean, or even imply, that I "favor" them getting shot, electrocuted, having thier throats cut, being strangled, or given a shot.

If those who support this brutality can't even answer the question, then they can't answer the question.  All that does is undermine their supposed "support" -- no skin off my back, I know why they clobber them with clubs.

If you don't want a RESPONSE to your Posts, you perhaps ought not POST anything ...

Perhaps you should stick to giving your own opinions, and not tell others what their opinion are.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 28, 2012 - 10:47PM #173
Idbc

Howdy Teilhard

I do think that both Solf and Rabello would object to the killing-murder of seals no matter how it is done.   Even it was done with no brutality at all.   Wether they are clubbed, shot, or given a lethal injection.    It is their contention that they are innocent, and they have as much a right to exist as a human being.   They also claim that since it is not "neccesary" to kill-murder  them, then they shouldn't be killed-murdered.  They claim that even it "was" a neccessary evil in the past to kill-murder seals in the past, it is NOT a neccessary evil NOW.   Especially on an industrial scale. 

HAVE A THINKING DAY MAY REASON GUIDE YOU
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 28, 2012 - 11:00PM #174
teilhard

Yes ... I know exactly what they're saying ... I just disagree with the RIGID ZEAL of their Black/White View of these Questions ... 

Apr 28, 2012 -- 10:47PM, Idbc wrote:

Howdy Teilhard

I do think that both Solf and Rabello would object to the killing-murder of seals no matter how it is done.   Even it was done with no brutality at all.   Wether they are clubbed, shot, or given a lethal injection.    It is their contention that they are innocent, and they have as much a right to exist as a human being.   They also claim that since it is not "neccesary" to kill-murder  them, then they shouldn't be killed-murdered.  They claim that even it "was" a neccessary evil in the past to kill-murder seals in the past, it is NOT a neccessary evil NOW.   Especially on an industrial scale. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 28, 2012 - 11:54PM #175
rabello

Being against the slaughter of baby harp seals is hardly an indication of black-and-white thinking, and the reaction such a thing elicits is the opposite from "zeal". 

I would think that those who oppose advocates of the humane treatment of animals would come up with a different counterargument than the tired old equivalent of "your mother wears combat boots" to express their opposition.   It's ok not to care about the seals, or the dolphins, or the whales, or the moutain gorillas, or the siberian tigers, or the elephants, or the wolves, or the prairie dogs, etc, and since it's ok not to care, that's all one really needs to say:  "I don't care and I don't care that you care".

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 28, 2012 - 11:57PM #176
christzen

Apr 15, 2012 -- 1:54PM, rabello wrote:

The only reason "man" is the "apex predator" is that he has to use tricks and weapons to kill whatever he wants dead....doesn't have the physical adaptations to go at it mano-to-animano

It's called intelligence.And it is what makes us the apex predator.It is also what will kill us off in the end.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 28, 2012 - 11:59PM #177
christzen

Apr 28, 2012 -- 11:54PM, rabello wrote:

Being against the slaughter of baby harp seals is hardly an indication of black-and-white thinking, and the reaction such a thing elicits is the opposite from "zeal". 

I would think that those who oppose advocates of the humane treatment of animals would come up with a different counterargument than the tired old equivalent of "your mother wears combat boots" to express their opposition.   It's ok not to care about the seals, or the dolphins, or the whales, or the moutain gorillas, or the siberian tigers, or the elephants, or the wolves, or the prairie dogs, etc, and since it's ok not to care, that's all one really needs to say:  "I don't care and I don't care that you care".

What I find most ironic about the whole animal rights debate is that almost without exception, those most  rabidly supportive of animal rights and outraged at the killing of say,baby seals,are also supporters of abortion rights and being able to end the life of unborn humans.

Strange.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2012 - 12:06AM #178
rabello

That's because people who are prochoice understand that banning abortion will not stop abortion and just puts the lives of women, some of whom are mothers with children to raise, in danger. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2012 - 12:07AM #179
teilhard

Yes ... The Cognitive Dissonance is one of the Reasons I DISTANCE myself from The Zealots, even though I am personaly for various Reasons much in FAVOR of grealy increased "Animal Rights" (and also "Plant's Rights") ...

Apr 28, 2012 -- 11:59PM, christzen wrote:

Apr 28, 2012 -- 11:54PM, rabello wrote:

What I find most ironic about the whole animal rights debate is that almost without exception, those most  rabidly supportive of animal rights and outraged at the killing of say,baby seals,are also supporters of abortion rights and being able to end the life of unborn humans.

Strange.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2012 - 12:10AM #180
rabello

Apr 28, 2012 -- 11:57PM, christzen wrote:

Apr 15, 2012 -- 1:54PM, rabello wrote:

The only reason "man" is the "apex predator" is that he has to use tricks and weapons to kill whatever he wants dead....doesn't have the physical adaptations to go at it mano-to-animano

It's called intelligence.And it is what makes us the apex predator.It is also what will kill us off in the end.

True enough.  And with that intelligence comes to ability to make a choice, too.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 18 of 20  •  Prev 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook