Page 20 of 20  •  Prev 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20
3 years ago  ::  May 16, 2012 - 12:13PM #191
Idbc

Howdy Teil

Apr 30, 2012 -- 11:48PM, teilhard wrote:

What is missing from the dewey-eyed Emotional Appeals about "Charismatic Mega-Fauna" (especially cute lovable Brown-Eyed Baby Seals and Ultra-Intelligent Dolphins) is the HARD-Headed Understanding of what is REALLY at Stake ...

What is the HARD-Head Understanding of what is "REALLY" at stake? 

My dispute with Solf is the claim that ALL ANIMALS ARE EQUAL or to be more preicise that ALL ANIMALS HAVE AN EQUAL RIGHT TO SURVIVE AND NOT BE "EXPOLITED".  

If that is her claim.   

Sticking to the topic of the thread i.e. the "seal slaughter"  of "baby" seals it is clear to me that that it is a "brutal".

Human beings like other animals are capable of being brutal.  It comes "naturally".  So to condemn people for being brutal would be like condemning people for being gay.  

I don't know if those who are actually committing the "brutal murder-genocide" feel about their "inhumane(?)" acts. 

It is not a job that I would prefer as a career.  But I can't honestly deny that I would not do it as a last resort, especially if I had a family to feed.   

Howdy Teil

Apr 29, 2012 -- 10:09PM, teilhard wrote:

Our "Modern" Human (distinctly DYS-Functional) Relationship to the REST of Nature is rapidly becoming ever more obvious and TRAGIC ...

Trying SERIOUSLY to HEAL that broken Relaionship will require BOTH our "Hearts" AND our "Minds" to be changed and engaged, for sure ...

And it appears that is what Solf is trying to do.

HAVE A THINKING DAY MAY REASON GUIDE YOU
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 16, 2012 - 3:18PM #192
teilhard

What is most deeply "at Stake" in ALL of these such Tussles is the increasingly DIFFICULT Relationship between us Human Beings and the REST of Nature ... 

WE are in DEEP Trouble ... and it is  FAR  FAR  more tragic and serious than indicated by just soft-hearted Sentimentality for Charismatic Mega-Fauna with beautiful Big Brown Eyes ...

May 16, 2012 -- 12:13PM, Idbc wrote:

Howdy Teil

Apr 30, 2012 -- 11:48PM, teilhard wrote:

What is missing from the dewey-eyed Emotional Appeals about "Charismatic Mega-Fauna" (especially cute lovable Brown-Eyed Baby Seals and Ultra-Intelligent Dolphins) is the HARD-Headed Understanding of what is REALLY at Stake ...

What is the HARD-Head Understanding of what is "REALLY" at stake? 

My dispute with Solf is the claim that ALL ANIMALS ARE EQUAL or to be more preicise that ALL ANIMALS HAVE AN EQUAL RIGHT TO SURVIVE AND NOT BE "EXPOLITED".  

If that is her claim.   

Sticking to the topic of the thread i.e. the "seal slaughter"  of "baby" seals it is clear to me that that it is a "brutal".

Human beings like other animals are capable of being brutal.  It comes "naturally".  So to condemn people for being brutal would be like condemning people for being gay.  

I don't know if those who are actually committing the "brutal murder-genocide" feel about their "inhumane(?)" acts. 

It is not a job that I would prefer as a career.  But I can't honestly deny that I would not do it as a last resort, especially if I had a family to feed.   

Howdy Teil

Apr 29, 2012 -- 10:09PM, teilhard wrote:

Our "Modern" Human (distinctly DYS-Functional) Relationship to the REST of Nature is rapidly becoming ever more obvious and TRAGIC ...

Trying SERIOUSLY to HEAL that broken Relaionship will require BOTH our "Hearts" AND our "Minds" to be changed and engaged, for sure ...

And it appears that is what Solf is trying to do.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 17, 2012 - 1:48PM #193
Idbc

Howdy Teil

May 16, 2012 -- 3:18PM, teilhard wrote:

What is most deeply "at Stake" in ALL of these such Tussles is the increasingly DIFFICULT Relationship between us Human Beings and the REST of Nature ... 

WE are in DEEP Trouble ... and it is  FAR  FAR  more tragic and serious than indicated by just soft-hearted Sentimentality for Charismatic Mega-Fauna with beautiful Big Brown Eyes ...

If Solf only had....tussles regarding "Charismatic Mega-Fauna with beautiful Big Brown Eyes" then I could see your opposition to this particular thread. 

However Solf has...tussles with other  increasingly DIFFICULT RelationshipS between us Human Beings and the REST of Nature.

I doubt very much that Solf thinks that ending the brutal seal slaughter is going to make a significant impact on the increasing difficult impact that human beings are having on the global enviorment and the rest of the flora and fauna that shares the enviroment.  

However it will have a teeny, tiny impact.   Wether it will have a positive or negative impact is not so simple to answer.    

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 17, 2012 - 3:32PM #194
teilhard

Ummmm ... I'm NOT "opposed to the Thread" ... I just find it not as helpful as it could be ...

May 17, 2012 -- 1:48PM, Idbc wrote:

Howdy Teil

May 16, 2012 -- 3:18PM, teilhard wrote:

If Solf only had....tussles regarding "Charismatic Mega-Fauna with beautiful Big Brown Eyes" then I could see your opposition to this particular thread. 

However Solf has...tussles with other  increasingly DIFFICULT RelationshipS between us Human Beings and the REST of Nature.

I doubt very much that Solf thinks that ending the brutal seal slaughter is going to make a significant impact on the increasing difficult impact that human beings are having on the global enviorment and the rest of the flora and fauna that shares the enviroment.  

However it will have a teeny, tiny impact.   Wether it will have a positive or negative impact is not so simple to answer.    

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 17, 2012 - 7:48PM #195
Idbc

Howdy Teil

May 17, 2012 -- 3:32PM, teilhard wrote:

Ummmm ... I'm NOT "opposed to the Thread" ... I just find it not as helpful as it could be ...

Hmmmmm.....Are you opposed to seal slaughter? 

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 20 of 20  •  Prev 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook