Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View To Control a People, Control Information
2 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2012 - 11:50AM #11
catboxer

Here's a perfect example of the way information is controlled in this country by the Demolican-Republicrat-bankster-corporo-military-medical-industrial one-party system, author of the "official version."

Chances are you never heard of Lt. Col. Daniel Davis, the 17-year army veteran who has become the major whistle-blower of the Afghan War, exposing the happy chatter of our commanders there for the crock of public-relations b.s. it is.

The career soldier is now a black sheep at the (Pentagon) where he still works. The reason was his extraordinarily brave decision to accuse America's military top brass of lying about the war in Afghanistan. When he went public in the New York Times, he was acclaimed as a hero for speaking out about a war that many Americans feel has gone horribly awry. Later this month he will receive a Ridenhour prize, an award given to whistleblowers that is named after the Vietnam war soldier who exposed the My Lai massacre.

Problem is I missed the NY Times piece by Davis, and I'm reading about this in the Guardian -- a British newspaper -- and a Yahoo search showed the story being carried only by one other mainstream US media source, in San Antonio. Other than that, as far as I know it was only carried by left-wing sources like Common Dreams.

But this is a story that should be banner headlines all across the country, as the same story was during the Vietnam War, when we learned that America "can't handle the truth."

Adepto vestri stercore simul.ttr
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2012 - 4:05PM #12
Fodaoson

LTC Davis   opinions were first Published in “The Armed forces Journal”   There is  not much newsworthy   in it.     His published views of the troubles in Afghanistan have been  widely discussed  in the “Media “.  The biggest news is that a LTC would go public with his dissent.  “War on the Brink of Failure”  is certainly no Pentagon  Papers.

“I seldom make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect.” Edward Gibbon
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2012 - 6:28PM #13
Iwantamotto

The government is so evil that they instantly kill not only dissenters but also all their families.  Oh, you don't like the government?

Then how are you still posting?

Knock and the door shall open.  It's not my fault if you don't like the decor.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2012 - 7:24PM #14
Fodaoson

Apr 15, 2012 -- 6:28PM, Iwantamotto wrote:

The government is so evil that they instantly kill not only dissenters but also all their families.  Oh, you don't like the government?

Then how are you still posting?

[/quote

???

“I seldom make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect.” Edward Gibbon
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 16, 2012 - 10:27AM #15
SecondSonOfDavid

Tin foil!  Getcher tin-foil here! 

Aliens and the gummit can't control yer brain if ya gotcher tin-foil helmets!

That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2012 - 6:28PM #16
Mostyn32

Where have you been, TENAC? You think the government control of information is something new? I take it you were not a history major? Government has always controlled information, going back to the days of the Roman Empire at least, if not the Sumerians.

One of the most skilled information controllers that the US ever spawned was Richard Nixon. Shoot, it always seemed that he couldn't give the time of day accurately!

We, the proletariat, get told only what our governments want us to know, and it doesn't much matter which government it is. Governmental transparency is an oxymoron!

"God is no captious sophister, eager to trip us up whenever we say amiss, but a courteous tutor, ready to amend what, in our weakness or our ignorance, we say ill, and to make the most of what we say aright."  from 'A Learned Discourse on Justification', a sermon by Richard Hooker (1554-1600).
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2012 - 6:57PM #17
SecondSonOfDavid

Tin foil!  Getcher tin-foil here! 

Aliens and the gummit can't control yer brain if ya gotcher tin-foil helmets!

That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2012 - 7:38PM #18
Stardove

The good news is none of this topic was done in secret.  It is all public information.

News Release

OPA News Release: [04/10/2012]
Contact Name: Jennifer Kaplan
Phone Number:             (202) 693-5052      
Release Number: 12-0672-NAT

US Department of Labor invites news organizations to request credentials to participate in press lock-ups providing pre-release access to economic data

On April 16 at 2 p.m. Eastern Time, a conference call will be held to address questions about the credentialing process, along with other policy changes to the lock-ups that are reflected in the Policy Statement and News Organization Agreement. Anyone interested is welcome to participate. Obtain call-in information by contacting Jennifer Kaplan at 202-693-5052  or Kaplan.Jennifer@dol.gov. The call will be recorded, and the audio file subsequently will be made available in the Newsroom of the Labor Department's website at www.dol.gov/dol/media/. Questions may also be posted, for public response, on the same page.

Lots more about this change at the link. 

Also www.dol.gov/ for more about the Department of Labor.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

Anger cannot occur unless you believe that you have been attacked, that your attack is justified in return, and that you are in no way responsible for it. ACIM

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2012 - 7:56PM #19
Mostyn32

Apr 17, 2012 -- 7:38PM, Stardove wrote:

The good news is none of this topic was done in secret.  It is all public information.

News Release

OPA News Release: [04/10/2012]
Contact Name: Jennifer Kaplan
Phone Number:             (202) 693-5052      
Release Number: 12-0672-NAT

US Department of Labor invites news organizations to request credentials to participate in press lock-ups providing pre-release access to economic data

On April 16 at 2 p.m. Eastern Time, a conference call will be held to address questions about the credentialing process, along with other policy changes to the lock-ups that are reflected in the Policy Statement and News Organization Agreement. Anyone interested is welcome to participate. Obtain call-in information by contacting Jennifer Kaplan at 202-693-5052  or Kaplan.Jennifer@dol.gov. The call will be recorded, and the audio file subsequently will be made available in the Newsroom of the Labor Department's website at www.dol.gov/dol/media/. Questions may also be posted, for public response, on the same page.

Lots more about this change at the link. 

Also www.dol.gov/ for more about the Department of Labor.

Darn it, Stardove, you've derailed TENAC's latest anti-Obama hissy fit by presenting actual facts. That's mean!

"God is no captious sophister, eager to trip us up whenever we say amiss, but a courteous tutor, ready to amend what, in our weakness or our ignorance, we say ill, and to make the most of what we say aright."  from 'A Learned Discourse on Justification', a sermon by Richard Hooker (1554-1600).
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 18, 2012 - 12:28PM #20
Stardove

It really is a awful habit I have to fact check posts, emails and such.  Some people will believe everything they read without even checking for the truth of the matters.

I get false emails all the time, more times than not about the President.  I fact check and reply to sender sending a link showing the information in the email is false.  Some who have my email address will never learn to fact check is what I have decided. 

They would rather believe the lies which come in the form of emails than look for the truth and think for their selves.  Surprised

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

Anger cannot occur unless you believe that you have been attacked, that your attack is justified in return, and that you are in no way responsible for it. ACIM

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook