Page 81 of 94  •  Prev 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 ... 94 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Cow Flees Slaughterhouse
3 years ago  ::  May 15, 2012 - 10:27AM #801
mountain_man

May 15, 2012 -- 7:37AM, arielg wrote:

Jocking is a way of hiding their inability to confront the  contradictions in their ways....

Then why do you do it? Why do you constantly talk down to, lecture, preach to, and generally disrespect those that have made a different choice than you have? And, again, you are discussing posters instead of the topic. Haven't you been asked numerous times to stop that?

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 15, 2012 - 10:50AM #802
mytmouse57

May 15, 2012 -- 10:27AM, mountain_man wrote:

Jocking is a way of hiding their inability to confront the  contradictions in their ways....

Then why do you do it? Why do you constantly talk down to, lecture, preach to, and generally disrespect those that have made a different choice than you have? And, again, you are discussing posters instead of the topic. Haven't you been asked numerous times to stop that?

As I've already stated several times -- even an an omnivore and hunter myself -- I can admit that ethically, enviornmentaly and as a matter of public health, vegetarianism is a superior position to the mass production and mass consumption of beef.

However, the quasi-religious zeal with which veganism and animal rights are pushed gets annoying. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 15, 2012 - 10:54AM #803
arielg

It would be more useful to the discussion if you find another devise than the usual  turning around and attacking whatever people say in lieu of a thought of your own.  Go back and read your own posts and see how boring this has become.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 15, 2012 - 10:58AM #804
arielg

As I've already stated several times -- even an an omnivore and hunter myself -- I can admit that ethically, enviornmentaly and as a matter of public health, vegetarianism is a superior position to the mass production and mass consumption of beef.

However, the quasi-religious zeal with which veganism and animal rights are pushed gets annoying.

Yes, I agree, you are repeating yourself in your quasi-religious  zeal.  Maybe we understood what you are saying and see beyond that.  

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 15, 2012 - 11:00AM #805
mytmouse57

May 15, 2012 -- 10:58AM, arielg wrote:

Yes, I agree, you are repeating yourself.  Maybe we understood what you are saying and see beyond that.  

If you understand what is being argued, you have demonstrated an inability to fully grasp it, or admit that yours is not the only tenable viewpoint -- regarding animal welfare, hunting, ranching, diet, ecology, land and wildlife managment, etc. 

And who is "we"? Are you refereing to yourself in the royal third person now?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 15, 2012 - 11:22AM #806
teilhard

It's the Self-Righteous ALL-or-NOTHING Stance that I find mindless ...

May 15, 2012 -- 10:50AM, mytmouse57 wrote:

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 15, 2012 - 11:47AM #807
christine3

May 15, 2012 -- 9:36AM, teilhard wrote:

In all Honesty, I have never eaten a "Big Mac" ... In Fact one of my now long-standing Dietary Practices is to eat relatively smaller Portions of just about EVERYTHING ...

What are the burgers are called in your state? "Big Mac" stems from McDonald's Hamburgers.  A twist of fate, I played violin at McDonald's second wedding.  The second marriage was held a plush 52-suite executive ranch, a suite for each week of the year and as many McDonald's executives, in the sprawling hills of Santa Ynez, CA, with horse stables, swimming pools, tennis courts, golf courses, overlooking many acres.  The mega-executive resort was built JUST for that occasion.

A step in the right direction...in a less than revealing meat industry...

abcnews.go.com/blogs/health/2012/02/01/m...

A step in the right direction...letting the public know how many calories they are consuming in McDonald's food choices.  USA Nutrition Facts for their popular foods.  One meal can be well over 2,000 calories.  With today's looming weight problem and health hazards, making public their foods' calorie counts IS one small step for mankind.

nutrition.mcdonalds.com/nutritionexchang...

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 15, 2012 - 11:54AM #808
christine3

Do you not recognize that you are doing the same thing...yet much more vituperatively than the people here who are arguing for change?  What we are doing is arguing and debating.  That's what we do here.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 15, 2012 - 11:56AM #809
christine3

May 15, 2012 -- 11:22AM, teilhard wrote:

It's the Self-Righteous ALL-or-NOTHING Stance that I find mindless ...

And yours is not "All-or-NOTHING"? So here we are, a stand-off, each polarized side driven by its respective motivations.  Only time will tell which side will flourish in its future.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 15, 2012 - 12:01PM #810
teilhard

LOL .. Yes ... Even here in BackWoods Minnesota, we have McDonald's serving up their famous "Big Mac," with super-sized EVERYTHING ... I've never had one ... and I DON'T "supersize" ...

May 15, 2012 -- 11:47AM, christine3 wrote:

May 15, 2012 -- 9:36AM, teilhard wrote:

In all Honesty, I have never eaten a "Big Mac" ... In Fact one of my now long-standing Dietary Practices is to eat relatively smaller Portions of just about EVERYTHING ...

What are the burgers are called in your state? "Big Mac" stems from McDonald's Hamburgers.  A twist of fate, I played violin at McDonald's second wedding.  The second marriage was held a plush 52-suite executive ranch, a suite for each week of the year and as many McDonald's executives, in the sprawling hills of Santa Ynez, CA, with horse stables, swimming pools, tennis courts, golf courses, overlooking many acres.  The mega-executive resort was built JUST for that occasion.

A step in the right direction...in a less than revealing meat industry...

abcnews.go.com/blogs/health/2012/02/01/m...

A step in the right direction...letting the public know how many calories they are consuming in McDonald's food choices.  USA Nutrition Facts for their popular foods.  One meal can be well over 2,000 calories.  With today's looming weight problem and health hazards, making public their foods' calorie counts IS one small step for mankind.

nutrition.mcdonalds.com/nutritionexchang...

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 81 of 94  •  Prev 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 ... 94 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook