Page 51 of 94  •  Prev 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 ... 94 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Cow Flees Slaughterhouse
2 years ago  ::  Apr 30, 2012 - 11:52PM #501
christine3

Christine:  Oh boy, divination has nothing to do with drugs.  The word "divine revelations", assuming from God, is not in my repertoire.  The word "divine" historically comes from the word "divination", so don't knock it until you've tried it.  I.e., if you want immediate contact, use divination.

ChristZen: Um...think I'll stick with reality.

Oh goodness gracious, Sir, what if I told you that your belief system was not reality.  Um.  You have no space after your commas and periods; your sentences are run together.  You are not concerned with the suffering of the animal in the factories.  Maybe you just can't look at that, I dunno.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 01, 2012 - 12:05AM #502
christzen

Apr 30, 2012 -- 11:52PM, christine3 wrote:

Christine:  Oh boy, divination has nothing to do with drugs.  The word "divine revelations", assuming from God, is not in my repertoire.  The word "divine" historically comes from the word "divination", so don't knock it until you've tried it.  I.e., if you want immediate contact, use divination.

ChristZen: Um...think I'll stick with reality.

Oh goodness gracious, Sir, what if I told you that your belief system was not reality.  Um.  You have no space after your commas and periods; your sentences are run together.  You are not concerned with the suffering of the animal in the factories.  Maybe you just can't look at that, I dunno.

Says the woman who constructed an entire post out of old quotes and no new dialogue.

LOL.

Animals in factories do not suffer as  you would like to pretend,with possibly a few exceptions that are pretended by you and yours to be the rule.They live contented lives until the point of being rendered unconscious,then killed and butchered.

Try again.The guilt trip isn't going to work.Wild animals get eaten alive in the wild.Nothing man can do compares to being held down by the throat while the rest of the pack rips your belly open while you are still alive and eating you before you are even dead.Man is incomparably humane by comparison.

As to your critiquing my writing;again,if it annoys you,then don't bother reading them.I have not begged you to participate in an exchange of posts with me,and I have little need to try and discuss things with those who have nothing better to do than whine about commas and spacings.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 01, 2012 - 9:36AM #503
christine3

CZ:  Says the woman who constructed an entire post out of old quotes and no new dialogue. LOL.

>>>>It's not funny and what's this word "pretend?"  It is beginning to look like the majority of your posts are putdowns.  This thread is for people who talk about animals and what can be done about their plight.  

CZ:  Animals in factories do not suffer as  you would like to pretend,with possibly a few exceptions that are pretended by you and yours to be the rule.

>>>>You and yours?  How removed can you be from the human race even? We are family.

CZ:  They live contented lives until the point of being rendered unconscious,then killed and butchered.

>>>>Butchering, to serve up a bloody piece of muscle.  That's the part that is APPARENTLY not thought about...what the meat was before it was reduced and neatly packaged, for the the meat section at your grocery store.  How many people look at the cellophaned packages and see the animal, a sentient being?  There is too much conditioning by TV and platters with dripping juicy meat with smiles and "Mmmmms!" instead of humiliate, deprive, maim, injure, torture, kill.  Those behaviors come under the heading of: Cruelty, inhumanity, sadism, bestiality, depravity, heartlessness, insensibility, mercilessness, murderousness, persecution, savageness, visciousness, wickedness.

CZ: Try again.

>>>>No.

CZ:  The guilt trip isn't going to work.

>>>>>You see it as a guilt trip.  I see it as waking people up to what they are actually doing.

CZ:  Wild animals get eaten alive in the wild.Nothing man can do compares to being held down by the throat while the rest of the pack rips your belly open while you are still alive and eating you before you are even dead.Man is incomparably humane by comparison.

>>>>>That's not the point of this thread.  This thread is to show that animals are sentient beings and it takes more brain power to be compassionate.  It is not first nature for human animals to use that ability, but we are changing.  Again, I call attention to the somewhat schizophrenic and compartmentalized problem of consciousness on this planet.  People have pets and treat them as their children.  On the other hand, millions of animals are put down or slaughtered to either prevent overpopulation, or to cause overabundance for human consumption.  

CZ:  As to your critiquing my writing;again,if it annoys you,then don't bother reading them.I have not begged you to participate in an exchange of posts with me,and I have little need to try and discuss things with those who have nothing better to do than whine about commas and spacings.

>>>>>Just trying to be helpful.  It's for making your writing more accessible.  People may want to read you more if you don't crowd everything together like a run-on sentence.  It's just like in art..space is necessary to see the subject. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 01, 2012 - 3:33PM #504
christine3

"They don't want us in the factories because they don't want us wondering what's in our food or how it is produced."

FOOD, INC.

www.pbs.org/now/shows/523/index.html

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 01, 2012 - 6:23PM #505
solfeggio

For anybody to claim that cows and other animals do not suffer in the slaughterhouse is to refuse to face facts.  Their sufferings have been well documented over the years.

www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-an...

www.peta.org/issues/animals-used-for-foo...

www.publicserviceeurope.com/article/1313...

www.animalsuffering.com/animal-cruelty.p...

ciwf.org.uk/news/factory_farming/animal_...

Innocent animals are forced to live short, miserable lives and die terrible deaths so humans can eat their stupid meats which they not only don't need, but which are not a natural food for humans and not even good for people.

It's all so insane.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 01, 2012 - 6:30PM #506
solfeggio

Christine -

It is very hard, if not impossible, to get through to the confirmed meat-eaters who, unfortunately, are in the majority in our world.  They want their beef or their pork or their chicken, and they really don't care how they get it. 

If animals have to suffer, the general attitude is: 'So what? Getting my burgers and KFC is more important than what happens to some dumb beast.'

This stems from the ingrained human idea (probably coming from religion) that humans are the superior species on this planet and can therefore do whatever they please to other species.

Moderated by Merope on May 01, 2012 - 08:58PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 01, 2012 - 7:37PM #507
arielg

This stems from the ingrained human idea (probably coming from religion) that humans are the superior species on this planet and can therefore do whatever they please to other species.

It comes from an inmature  sense of self, which sees itself as the center of the universe. That is the  meaning of ego. It doesn't come from real religion teachings, but it is a distortion of a concept into it's exact opposite.

The transcendence of ego, the core of all religious or spiritual teachings,  is used instead to strengthen the ego. It happens with all organized so called religions.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 01, 2012 - 8:12PM #508
christine3

May 1, 2012 -- 6:23PM, solfeggio wrote:

For anybody to claim that cows and other animals do not suffer in the slaughterhouse is to refuse to face facts.  Their sufferings have been well documented over the years.

Yes Solf, I don't understand if it's an inability to imagine themselves in the same predicament, or what?    

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 01, 2012 - 8:18PM #509
christine3

May 1, 2012 -- 6:30PM, solfeggio wrote:

Probably, since it says, "Man shall have dominion over the earth."  There is another beautiful passage in the Bible that contradicts that though...Job 12: 7-8.

Did you see that video and the holding lots with thousands of cows?  That was a horrific scene.  Also, the other scene with the cattle side to side, no room.  The look in their eyes--fear.  I know fear when I see it.  Horrible.  It is very hard for me to see that, and know that I can't do anything about it at the moment.  I've driven past those cattle holding lots 20 years ago.  It's way out in the middle of no where and can be see far off from the highway.  They haven't changed.  The one in the video was about 10 times as large as the one I saw.  It could be smelled for a mile before getting there.  If you know how close those pens are, how can you get a tractor in there to scrape up the dung?  The smell is horrible.  Cattle lose their bowels when frightened.  It is difficult to see for a caring-hearted person.  

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 01, 2012 - 8:22PM #510
christine3

May 1, 2012 -- 7:37PM, arielg wrote:

It comes from an inmature  sense of self, which sees itself as the center of the universe. That is the  meaning of ego. It doesn't come from real religion teachings, but it is a distortion of a concept into it's exact opposite.

I agree with that too.  The opposite of ego, when talking about dominion (domain) is that the earth would be in humans' care if they transcended ego.  

That's the problem with the Bible sometimes.  It is difficult to know exactly what is being talked about.  It can be read several ways.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 51 of 94  •  Prev 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 ... 94 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook