Page 3 of 94  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 94 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Cow Flees Slaughterhouse
2 years ago  ::  Apr 14, 2012 - 3:27AM #21
jane2

Apr 14, 2012 -- 12:08AM, christine3 wrote:

Apr 13, 2012 -- 10:38PM, jane2 wrote:

christine

Did you stop to think that much of which mm presents obtains?

I said nothing about you...I was talking about MM.

What indicates is that much of what mm mantains is true. I said this.....

What I said is that  much mm said was true.

Moderated by Merope on Apr 14, 2012 - 01:59PM
discuss catholicism
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 14, 2012 - 8:13AM #22
drawout

I think I got the link to work this time. Sorry bout the first link I added to keep from having the thread deleted for not having a link.

'When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.' - Mark Twain
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 14, 2012 - 6:42PM #23
christine3
"The Hidden Life of Cows" --  PETA

www.peta.org/issues/animals-used-for-foo...

I liked this article.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 14, 2012 - 7:00PM #24
mytmouse57

Mass beef consumption and cattle ranching on the agri-industrial scale will likey prove untennable in the long run.

That still doesn't make cows people.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 14, 2012 - 8:50PM #25
mountain_man

Apr 14, 2012 -- 6:42PM, christine3 wrote:

"The Hidden Life of Cows" -- PETA...

If it's from PETA you can be assured that it does not contain one bit of truth. They are more for show than for actually doing anything constructive. PETA has been known to kill animals that are no longer useful for their purposes.

"PETA killed 1,911 cats and dogs last year (2011) while placing just 24 in adoptive homes. Since 1998, a total of 27,751 pets have died at the hands of PETA workers." Source.

Most charity ranking groups give PETA a low rating.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 14, 2012 - 11:12PM #26
solfeggio

The source given is not a reliable one, but takes its material from the Center for Consumer Freedom, which is a very right wing group that is biased against any sort of animal rights organisations or vegetarian groups. 

www.care2.com/news/member/854917289/2843...

philosophyforprogrammers.blogspot.co.nz/...

yourlife.usatoday.com/parenting-family/p...

I've been reading about PETA for years, and I've never seen them in a bad light.  They have never denied that they euthanise unwanted animals.  It's up to the public to adopt strays, and if nobody will take on the responsibility for caring for these dogs and cats, there is no other option but to euthanise them.  

I would rather see an animal euthanised than that it must end up foraging for food in the streets and sleeping in alleys, maybe being stoned by cruel kids, or fall prey to some disease and die cold and alone and unloved.

PETA promotes the ethical treatment of animals.  They're against sport hunting and using animals in experiments.  They promote the vegetarian lifestyle.

I agree wholeheartedly with their campaigns and think they do a good job of raising public consciousness.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2012 - 12:40AM #27
mountain_man

Apr 14, 2012 -- 11:12PM, solfeggio wrote:

The source given is not a reliable one,...

The source I gave uses PETAs own documents. So, if you are saying that PETA is not reliable, I'd agree. The PETA board is getting rich off of donations from people suckered in by idiotic stunts.

I've been reading about PETA for years, and I've never seen them in a bad light....

That just means you need to broaden your reading.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2012 - 9:54AM #28
drawout

The spirit and the flesh are at war. Our spirit knows killing is wrong so we rationalize killing by setting some kind of bar or litmus test for killing. I wont joint the plant haters or bacteria haters. All killing is wrong. Every living thing has the Spirit of God in it. Plants have feelings too. We must kill to live. I believe our creator sent us a message of Grace,(wont trouble you with the details right now)and from the looks of things the spirit enjoys the struggle to survive on this planet. Look at the hundreds of billions of years life has struggled to continue. We have always had predators and prey battling to survive and they still exist as Bankers and investors versus the oppressed workers etc. If you were an immortal spirit with nothing better to do wouldn't you like to come down to the planet as a predator or prey and join in the excitement.? I think you would and did. Paradise would be boring.

'When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.' - Mark Twain
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2012 - 10:01AM #29
christine3

Apr 14, 2012 -- 8:50PM, mountain_man wrote:

If it's from PETA you can be assured that it does not contain one bit of truth. They are more for show than for actually doing anything constructive.

Not contain one bit of truth?  That's an exaggeration towards the negative, as usual MM.  PETA is to raise awareness of animals.  Since PETA, the places that used to be called "animal pounds" or impoundment for an alloted number of days, have been able to lengthen that number of days, raise public awareness, and get animals to homes.  PETA has done more for the animals than those pounds did.  Overall, they've done much better in the world than the old way.  This is progress.  Bad conditions for animals can't change overnight.  

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2012 - 10:14AM #30
christine3

Apr 15, 2012 -- 9:54AM, drawout wrote:

The spirit and the flesh are at war. Our spirit knows killing is wrong so we rationalize killing by setting some kind of bar or litmus test for killing. I wont joint the plant haters or bacteria haters. All killing is wrong. Every living thing has the Spirit of God in it. Plants have feelings too. We must kill to live. I believe our creator sent us a message of Grace,(wont trouble you with the details right now)and from the looks of things the spirit enjoys the struggle to survive on this planet. Look at the hundreds of billions of years life has struggled to continue. We have always had predators and prey battling to survive and they still exist as Bankers and investors versus the oppressed workers etc. If you were an immortal spirit with nothing better to do wouldn't you like to come down to the planet as a predator or prey and join in the excitement.? I think you would and did. Paradise would be boring.

Welcome Drawout.  I agree with your slogan of Arm The Poor!

My contribution:  (and mistreated animals).

This thread is to bring awareness of the mistreatment of animals.  It is asking to consider giving the same rights as humans.  Love, understanding, food, shelter.  If this planet is to raise in consciousness over the next prophesied 1,000 years, lack of the above needs to be met.  Money is a problem.  Also, people should take more of the initiative and help on their own without being asked or forced.  It they see a stray on the street, and can afford it, help take care of it until it get a home.  There is a good middle ground on both sides of the argument.  We should try and see each others' sides in the matter and bring it to the middle.  

This thread is for raising awareness of animals through videos, scientific studies, and any personal heart warming stories people have about their pets.  Pets are here for good with us.  More people are treating their pets as family, the more consciousness changes and grows.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 94  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 94 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook