Page 16 of 94  •  Prev 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 94 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Cow Flees Slaughterhouse
3 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2012 - 6:20PM #151
solfeggio

Even though the evidence is overwhelming that a non-meat diet is not only healthier for humans, kinder for animals, and better for the environment:

Meat-eaters refuse to challenge the entrenched social norms.

Meat-eaters will always continue to follow - like sheep - the conservative traditionalism that justifies farmed animal exploitation.

Meat-eaters for some reason feel compelled to justify the eating of animals as not only necessary, but natural and normal.

Meat-eaters refuse to let their thinking evolve past outmoded cultural traditions or to even begin to critically examine their long-term beliefs about diet.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2012 - 6:33PM #152
teilhard

LOL ...

... and SOME Vegans will continue-to-continue to express snotty condescending Self-Righteousness ... WITH their "Undies-in-a-Bunch" ...

Apr 17, 2012 -- 6:20PM, solfeggio wrote:

Even though the evidence is overwhelming that a non-meat diet is not only healthier for humans, kinder for animals, and better for the environment:

Meat-eaters refuse to challenge the entrenched social norms.

Meat-eaters will always continue to follow - like sheep - the conservative traditionalism that justifies farmed animal exploitation.

Meat-eaters for some reason feel compelled to justify the eating of animals as not only necessary, but natural and normal.

Meat-eaters refuse to let their thinking evolve past outmoded cultural traditions or to even begin to critically examine their long-term beliefs about diet.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2012 - 6:43PM #153
solfeggio

In other words, instead of intelligently trying to answer some of the allegations made by the vegan poster, it's much easier, and much more fun, to simply condemn the person.

So typical.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2012 - 6:49PM #154
teilhard

(A)  Fact not in Evidence ... My own Family doesn't eat much Meat, but we're NOT zealous or self-righteous about it ...

(B-1,2) Insults ...

Apr 17, 2012 -- 6:33PM, teilhard wrote:

LOL ...

... and SOME Vegans will continue-to-continue to express snotty condescending Self-Righteousness ... WITH their "Undies-in-a-Bunch" ...

Apr 17, 2012 -- 6:20PM, solfeggio wrote:

Meat-eaters (A) refuse to challenge the entrenched social norms.

(B-1) Meat-eaters for some reason feel compelled to justify the eating of animals as not only necessary, but natural and normal.

(B-2)Meat-eaters refuse to let their thinking evolve past outmoded cultural traditions or to even begin to critically examine their long-term beliefs about diet.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2012 - 7:20PM #155
christine3

Apr 17, 2012 -- 6:12PM, solfeggio wrote:

The expression is 'Don't get your knickers in a twist.'

That *is* the correct expression.

However, LOL, I still don't like it *because* knickers are bloomers that women and girls wear. So panties has evolved from bloomers.  Okay, I get the connection.  It is still said to men to demote them from being men to women and that is sexist.  If a man said to a man "Don't get your breeches in a knot" it is at least not *as* sexist but still threatening.  What has underwear to do with anything anyway?  

Here is what it has to do with...it is actually meant to scare the receiver of the insult, because it goes from surface clothes to private parts clothes, which is always meant to scare or humiliate because at the primitive level the genitals are targeted.  In the animal world, that is one of the very first organs to go in an animal fight.  Sexual parts are targetted just like the jugular.

Animals being threatened with bodily harm will expose both their jugular and private parts in order to use bodily language to say "I'm no threat to you, not in a million years."

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2012 - 7:36PM #156
jane2

Apr 17, 2012 -- 6:43PM, solfeggio wrote:

In other words, instead of intelligently trying to answer some of the allegations made by the vegan poster, it's much easier, and much more fun, to simply condemn the person.

So typical.

We're weary of your constant crusades and of your misanthropic view of fellow humans. Live as you wish--your moral decisions are yours and are not shared by many.

discuss catholicism
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2012 - 7:37PM #157
mountain_man

Apr 17, 2012 -- 5:38PM, arielg wrote:

Yes, vegetarianism is more enlightened than meat eating....

That is your BELIEF. Vegetarianism is a choice you made based on your beliefs. Just because I do not go along with your beliefs doesn't mean I am unenlightened. I just made other choices.

And, you know.... claiming to be more "enlightened" than others is a pretty foolish, and arrogant, thing to say.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2012 - 7:40PM #158
mountain_man

Apr 17, 2012 -- 6:43PM, solfeggio wrote:

Yet in this whole thread, and others, the main argument used by vegetarians is to condemn the meat eater. Some of the arguments made by those same vegetarians are not worthy of an intelligent reply. They'd have to make an intelligent argument in order to receive an intelligent reply.

So typical.

Yes, the hypocrisy of the self proclaimed "enlightened" is typical.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2012 - 7:43PM #159
mountain_man

Apr 17, 2012 -- 5:19PM, christine3 wrote:

Well you are welcome to your opinion, as always. ..

Apparently not. Vegetarians like yourself seem give less than an honest welcome to any opposing opinion.

The rest of your post was just your opinion. I couldn't agree with any of it. Reality informs me, not your biased opinions.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2012 - 9:29PM #160
christine3

Apr 17, 2012 -- 7:43PM, mountain_man wrote:

Apr 17, 2012 -- 5:19PM, christine3 wrote:

Well you are welcome to your opinion, as always. ..

Apparently not. Vegetarians like yourself seem give less than an honest welcome to any opposing opinion.

The rest of your post was just your opinion. I couldn't agree with any of it. Reality informs me, not your biased opinions.

Thank you judge, jury and executioner.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 16 of 94  •  Prev 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 94 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook