Page 90 of 94  •  Prev 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 ... 94 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Cow Flees Slaughterhouse
2 years ago  ::  May 18, 2012 - 1:23PM #891
christine3

May 18, 2012 -- 1:18PM, arielg wrote:

It all  comes down to  "I can't take it, don't disturb  my sleep".

Or "Don't bother me, I'm eating."

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 18, 2012 - 1:35PM #892
christine3

This thread should be on the "animal rights" board actually, since it was started by a cow fleeing a slaughterhouse.  Omnivores post here to argue points with vegans and vegetarians about diet, which is likely because we are all for animal rights.  So are omnivores for animals rights, so I don't know why this such a hot topic; diet choice has made it so.  

The fleeing cow should be named "Old Faithful" for starting such a gusher of opinions on both sides.  I'd adopt her if I could find her and had the space.  Actually, I think that cow was a "he" and hopefully the owner of the slaughterhouse found her a good home like he said he would.  I'm not holding my breath.  Should I check up on him and see if he really did that?  It shouldn't be too hard to find that local police department from the Newspaper clipping and see if they know anything.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 18, 2012 - 2:22PM #893
Mlyons619

May 18, 2012 -- 1:35PM, christine3 wrote:

This thread should be on the "animal rights" board,,,

Puh-LEAZE feel free to move it there then as you vegans are more interested in insulting the rest of us and preaching the "righteousness" of your beliefs rather than actually engaging in any form of rational debate...

"No freedom without education"
            --Thomas Jefferson

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition"
            -- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 18, 2012 - 2:57PM #894
arielg

Why don't give an example of a "rational debate"?... You haven't offered anything resembling that,  on this " Vegan Rant Board".

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 18, 2012 - 3:15PM #895
teilhard

... and ... "I'm an 'Omnivore' who DOESN'T eat a LOT of Meat ..."

My Lunch today -- a Salad of Mixed Greens, a fresh Vine-ripe Tomato, with a few Chunks of Mozarella and a Splash of low-Fat Honey-Mustard Dressing and a side of Buttered Toast ...

For Supper tonight -- a nicely Spiced Indian Dish of Spinach and Paneer, along with plenty of Fresh Blueberries and Canteloupe ...

Why NOT ... ??? It's YUMMY ... It's GOOD for my Family and me ... it's MODERATE in all Respects ...

May 18, 2012 -- 12:55PM, Mlyons619 wrote:

Seems the vegans are the one that are all "in your face" about meat eating, and can be as bad as some street evangalists who chase after folks minding their own business.

In fact, seems the HOT TOPIC board has become the Vegan Rant Board, because I don't see all that many "hot topics" here anymore... 

That is because meat eaters have nothing to say except "I like meat", "hunting makes me feel macho", "don't evangelize", "I've always done it". "Animals don't suffer".

It all  comes down to  "I can't take it, don't disturb  my sleep".

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 18, 2012 - 4:24PM #896
christine3

May 18, 2012 -- 3:15PM, teilhard wrote:

... and ... "I'm an 'Omnivore' who DOESN'T eat a LOT of Meat ..."

My Lunch today -- a Salad of Mixed Greens, a fresh Vine-ripe Tomato, with a few Chunks of Mozarella and a Splash of low-Fat Honey-Mustard Dressing and a side of Buttered Toast ...

For Supper tonight -- a nicely Spiced Indian Dish of Spinach and Paneer, along with plenty of Fresh Blueberries and Canteloupe ...

Why NOT ... ??? It's YUMMY ... It's GOOD for my Family and me ... it's MODERATE in all Respects ...

Have you made any menu's for restaurants?  Well, if you haven't, you should, lol!  There are all the food groups.  What sticks in my craw is posts by people who say "that damn cow" and "I really don't care".  

Another thought always in the back of my mind...it is amazing to me with all the slaughter going on, on this planet, that there isn't more cannibalism.  Perhaps we are going away from cannibalism, maybe we are going towards it.  It's hard to see across million-year ticks of time which way we are going, towards or away.  

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 18, 2012 - 4:29PM #897
christine3

May 18, 2012 -- 2:22PM, Mlyons619 wrote:

May 18, 2012 -- 1:35PM, christine3 wrote:

This thread should be on the "animal rights" board,,,

Puh-LEAZE feel free to move it there then as you vegans are more interested in insulting the rest of us and preaching the "righteousness" of your beliefs rather than actually engaging in any form of rational debate...

I fail to see where religion gets mixed up in all of this...except maybe some people are religious, others are running away from it so it's a heavy issue.  Always gets down to "preaching, righteousness, beliefs" also telling us we are "irrational" which goes with the religious criticisms also.  

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 18, 2012 - 6:03PM #898
Mlyons619

Yup, now all of us who aren't vegans are "cannibals" eh?

Tell me how such a description promotes "rational" debate?

There's just no dialoging with evangelicals or vegans....

Wink

"No freedom without education"
            --Thomas Jefferson

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition"
            -- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 18, 2012 - 8:46PM #899
mountain_man

That is because meat eaters have nothing to say except ....

It's pathetic that all you have are personal insults instead of valid arguments.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 18, 2012 - 8:51PM #900
mountain_man

May 18, 2012 -- 12:49PM, christine3 wrote:

No, you just ridicule vegetarians and vegans for deleting meat, period.....

I have done no such thing. I have ridiculed some of the ARGUMENTS AND CLAIMS, but not the person. Some of the arguments and claims made here were so absurd there could be no rational reply.

I could not care less what you do or do not eat.

I have said nothing about any "virtues" or "benefits" of eating meat - or veggies. You must have me confused with someone else - or someone that cares.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 90 of 94  •  Prev 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 ... 94 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook