Page 45 of 94  •  Prev 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 ... 94 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Cow Flees Slaughterhouse
3 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2012 - 1:15AM #441
Dondiegodelavega

I eat a lot of fish...most kinds. I also eat turkey and chicken, plus rice, pasta, and potatoes as my main diet. I tend to cut back on red meat except once a month I'll have a thick steak. I don't like vegetables [except potatoes].

I don't want to become a veggie and I don't go in for organic food. Both of those ain't all they're made out to be. They are no better than each other.

A Don Diego De La Vega Production in Association with Squirrel Productions Limited
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2012 - 10:40AM #442
christine3

Apr 27, 2012 -- 1:07AM, rabello wrote:

Apr 26, 2012 -- 11:35PM, mountain_man wrote:

John Robbins speaks about the "Happy Cow" lie...

Funny, no one said cows, or more properly cattle, were "happy."

Just because You haven't seen the commercial she's referring to, or because You have forgotten having seen it, doesn't mean Christine is wrong or incorrct.  

To Christine -- I didn't care for that "Happy Cow" theme, either.  They want us to think what we learned about Bessie the Cow when we were kids is really true.  

Rabello, in California there are, or were, commercials about "Cheese from California Cows, the Happy Cows".  Even I, who am not a gullible person anymore, watched the commercials several times, and didn't think much of it.  The reason people *don't* think much of it is because they don't see cows in their real living conditions.  So there is nothing to compare to.  That's why sellers get away with stupid commercials like the "Happy Cow" commercial.  People can't protest unless there is other information to compare.  99% of the public has no idea what goes on in the life of a milking cow.  Imagine being shot up with hormones to produce 20 times more than otherwise.  A cow's life is shortened just like chickens' lives are shortened being used up so fast.  Being a mother, I know what the body feels like when making milk, and it's no picnic.

But in cows' favor is that in California, people are really fighting the animal abuse issues.  Of course the milk industry could never allow leafy green commercials saying that is the better way to absorb calcium! The "Happy Cow" commercials are not on TV anymore.  However, there is still a commercial selling 1 oz. cheese squares wrapped in tin foil with a label showing a laughing cow on them.  It's called the "Laughing Cow" cheese.  "Have you laughed today?" asks the commercial.  I'm hoping that will fall through soon also.  

Another thing I'm against is food sold in very small plastic or foil wrapping.  Also, selling food as joy and love..."Pour yourself a bowl of joy" in cereal commercials is rampant.  Food is now love and love is food in the commercial food industry.  For people who regulate their emotions with food, this is a deadly enticement. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2012 - 10:50AM #443
christine3

Apr 27, 2012 -- 1:15AM, Dondiegodelavega wrote:

I eat a lot of fish...most kinds. I also eat turkey and chicken, plus rice, pasta, and potatoes as my main diet. I tend to cut back on red meat except once a month I'll have a thick steak. I don't like vegetables [except potatoes].

I don't want to become a veggie and I don't go in for organic food. Both of those ain't all they're made out to be. They are no better than each other.

How long have you known about vegetarian diet and organic food?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2012 - 10:55AM #444
christine3

Apr 27, 2012 -- 1:15AM, rabello wrote:

Apr 26, 2012 -- 11:12PM, christine3 wrote:

Chris: Are you saying that if Joe Public has a difficult time understanding a scientific document,  it isn't true?  That would defeat the understanding of most scientific documents on the internet.  I think you underestimate the public.  

There are some science types who are so closed-minded, so black-and-white in their thinking, so hardcore ideological, so egotistical because they think they are smarter than everybody else because they study Science, that they actually give science and scientists a bad name, and cause "the public" to mistrust science and scientists.  Everybody's run into people like that, even Mr Spock would not approve.

He's saying that a document is only "correct" if one understands it.  He's saying that I would only understand it if I thought it was correct.  His "logic" always some, more or less, added sarcasm or putdown.

But, speaking of only having a strictly dogmatic science approach....In order for the brain to be completely balanced, it must appreciate life holistically.  I know holistic science types and they are more successful because of it.   

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2012 - 10:12PM #445
mountain_man

Apr 27, 2012 -- 10:40AM, christine3 wrote:

Rabello, in California there are, or were, commercials about "Cheese from California Cows, the Happy Cows". ...

The problem is while that makes for a nice commercial most Californians over the age of 10 are aware that they were nothing but commercials. We don't get our biology lessons from commercials.

Moderated by Merope on Apr 29, 2012 - 01:03AM
Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2012 - 10:14PM #446
mountain_man

Apr 27, 2012 -- 10:55AM, christine3 wrote:

He's saying that a document is only "correct" if one understands it. ....

I said no such thing.

Moderated by Merope on Apr 29, 2012 - 01:04AM
Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2012 - 11:58PM #447
teilhard

............................................. !!! ...... This Just In ......  !!! .................................

(I'm NOT making this up ... I heard it on "Late Night with David Letterman," AND I also Fact-Checked it via "Google") ...

..... !!! ... "Pizza Hut" is now offering a "Pizza Topped with Cheeseburgers" ... !!! .....

(According to Dave Letterman, "if you don't have a Heart Attack within 30 Minutes, you get a FULL Refund" ... !!!)

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 28, 2012 - 5:37PM #448
christine3

Apr 27, 2012 -- 11:58PM, teilhard wrote:

............................................. !!! ...... This Just In ......  !!! .................................

(I'm NOT making this up ... I heard it on "Late Night with David Letterman," AND I also Fact-Checked it via "Google") ...

..... !!! ... "Pizza Hut" is now offering a "Pizza Topped with Cheeseburgers" ... !!! .....

(According to Dave Letterman, "if you don't have a Heart Attack within 30 Minutes, you get a FULL Refund" ... !!!)

Yes, I've seen the commercials.  Pizza Hut has broken up hamburger patties (pink slime) with all the trimmings (pickle, mustard, mayo, tomato, onion, cheese, jalapeno if you want...no lettuce though).  

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 28, 2012 - 5:47PM #449
teilhard

(I suppose "The Sesame Seed Bun" is left out because THAT would be TOO healthy ... )

Apr 28, 2012 -- 5:37PM, christine3 wrote:

Apr 27, 2012 -- 11:58PM, teilhard wrote:

Yes, I've seen the commercials.  Pizza Hut has broken up hamburger patties (pink slime) with all the trimmings (pickle, mustard, mayo, tomato, onion, cheese, jalapeno if you want...no lettuce though).  

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 28, 2012 - 5:48PM #450
christine3

While cows can normally live up to age 20, milking cows rarely live beyond age 7.  I don't think I would like to be worked so hard that I only lived 1/3 of my lifespan.

Solfeggio is right, the only way this situation will be remedied is that the population fall.  The population will not curtail their eating habits for cows.

www.unleashed.org.au/animals/cows.php

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 45 of 94  •  Prev 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 ... 94 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook