Page 4 of 94  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 94 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Cow Flees Slaughterhouse
2 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2012 - 11:30AM #31
mountain_man

Apr 15, 2012 -- 10:01AM, christine3 wrote:

Not contain one bit of truth?

That's right.

That's an exaggeration towards the negative, as usual MM....

No, it's just the plain truth. Some people just don't want to hear the truth. They're too involved in their crusade to listen.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2012 - 11:00PM #32
Erey

I am just assuming that the boards that deal with animal cruelty or animal rights are very, very slow and nobody posts there?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2012 - 11:06PM #33
Erey

I do think it is interesting, the idea of the cow that got away or the pig that got away.  Even if they were not fully aware what they were fleeing from. 

I don't think it is wrong to eat meat. I recognize that the circle of life is full of one thing eating another.   I dont think eating a cow is the equivalent of killing and eating a human person. 

I do think we can all stand to enhance our mindfullness of what we eat and make efforts to eat with more of a conciousness.  I think for most of us increasing our conciousness might include eating less meat or eating meat that was raised in a more humane manner.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 16, 2012 - 12:13AM #34
teilhard

Animal Meat is a VERY tasty Source of VERY good Quality Protein ... (We might think of it as, "Legumes with a Face" ...)

Apr 14, 2012 -- 12:06AM, solfeggio wrote:

Hordes of people in the world demand meat in their diets every day.

The fact that each year something like 56 billion animals are killed in the world by the meat, dairy, and egg industries means nothing to these people. 

How sad.

www.abolitionistapproach.com/media/pdf/2...

All beings are fond of life,

like pleasure,

hate pain,

shun destruction,

long to live.

To all life is dear.

Acharanga Sutra (Jain)

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 16, 2012 - 9:20AM #35
christine3

Apr 16, 2012 -- 12:13AM, teilhard wrote:

Animal Meat is a VERY tasty Source of VERY good Quality Protein ... (We might think of it as, "Legumes with a Face" ...)

Ew.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 16, 2012 - 9:29AM #36
christine3
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 16, 2012 - 11:18AM #37
Fodaoson

Cattle ,Sheep, Swine and various other animal , fowls and sea  creatures  are part of the food chain. Human are not the only animal that eats them. And some of the named will consume humans given the opportunity.  Sharks,  Bears, large cats, canines and swine  will attack ,kill and eat humans.    Meat is a  source in the  food chain.  Humans are near or at the top of the food cahin.

Anthropomorphism and personification are common “acts” of  vegans , vegetarians  and  animal rights persons. They are useful as literary devices; however,  they  do not  override the survival instinct that influences diet.

“I seldom make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect.” Edward Gibbon
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 16, 2012 - 11:43AM #38
mountain_man

Apr 16, 2012 -- 11:18AM, Fodaoson wrote:

Cattle ,Sheep, Swine and various other animal , fowls and sea  creatures  are part of the food chain...

We are too. There's quite a few animals out there that would not mind munching on a human or two.

...Anthropomorphism and personification are common “acts” of  vegans , vegetarians  and  animal rights persons. They are useful as literary devices; however,  they  do not  override the survival instinct that influences diet.

Also their preaching and deceptions get in the way of their message.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 16, 2012 - 11:56AM #39
teilhard

What do you have against "Legumes" ... ???

Apr 16, 2012 -- 9:20AM, christine3 wrote:

Ew.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 16, 2012 - 12:13PM #40
christine3

Apr 16, 2012 -- 11:56AM, teilhard wrote:

What do you have against "Legumes" ... ???

Apr 16, 2012 -- 9:20AM, christine3 wrote:

Ew.

Well you said Very tasty.  I don't think so.  Besides, there is nothing more unappetizing to me than seeing a piece of meat on a plate.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 94  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 94 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook