Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
3 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 12:54AM #1
mountain_man

Actually a bum trip.

Here's the link.

Here's a quote: "I'm dead. I have no pulse." Blue Ridge rangers respond to couple who overdosed on hallucinogenic mushroom.

I bet they won't do that again... or maybe they are dumb enough to do it again. See what us park rangers have to deal with?

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 3:48AM #2
CharikIeia

LOL... that's why you should take hallucinogenic drugs only in company, with at least one person staying sober... somebody forgot to teach the two, it seems.

tl;dr
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 11:29AM #3
mytmouse57

Apr 13, 2012 -- 12:54AM, mountain_man wrote:

Actually a bum trip.

Here's the link.

Here's a quote: "I'm dead. I have no pulse." Blue Ridge rangers respond to couple who overdosed on hallucinogenic mushroom.

I bet they won't do that again... or maybe they are dumb enough to do it again. See what us park rangers have to deal with?

"Help me, I'm dead."   LOL!

Yes, I live fairly near Yellowstone Park. I'll bet you Park Rangers have to deal with all sorts. Good luck in your endevours, I admire you folks. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 11:33AM #4
mountain_man

Apr 13, 2012 -- 11:29AM, mytmouse57 wrote:

Yes, I live fairly near Yellowstone Park. I'll bet you Park Rangers have to deal with all sorts. Good luck in your endevours, I admire you folks.

I'd love to hear that 911 recording.

We do deal with all kinds of people and take great pride in maintaining a "professional attitude" no matter what happens.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 11:36AM #5
mountain_man

Apr 13, 2012 -- 3:48AM, CharikIeia wrote:

LOL... that's why you should take hallucinogenic drugs only in company, with at least one person staying sober... somebody forgot to teach the two, it seems.

Better yet... just don't do it. I get "high" by climbing a mountain or taking a long hike or renting a race car for the day, or something like that. The hallucinations I've had were natural; from not eating combined with sensory deprivation. That was a trip!

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 12:16PM #6
mytmouse57

Apr 13, 2012 -- 11:33AM, mountain_man wrote:

Apr 13, 2012 -- 11:29AM, mytmouse57 wrote:

I'd love to hear that 911 recording.

We do deal with all kinds of people and take great pride in maintaining a "professional attitude" no matter what happens.

That's what it comes down to, you folks have to stay professional. 

In Yellowstone, the Rangers have to spend a lot of time explaining to people that the elk, bison and grizzly bears really do not want to be their friends. As if, "it's a wild animal. It's big, and it will hurt you if you don't give it space" should be that difficult to grasp. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 1:42PM #7
mountain_man

Apr 13, 2012 -- 12:16PM, mytmouse57 wrote:

In Yellowstone, the Rangers have to spend a lot of time explaining to people that the elk, bison and grizzly bears really do not want to be their friends. As if, "it's a wild animal. It's big, and it will hurt you if you don't give it space" should be that difficult to grasp.

I spend a lot of time chasing visitors away from deer. In Yosemite the only human deaths caused by animals (since the park began in 1864) have been caused by deer. Yes, Bambi can kill.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 2:36PM #8
mytmouse57

Apr 13, 2012 -- 1:42PM, mountain_man wrote:

Apr 13, 2012 -- 12:16PM, mytmouse57 wrote:

I spend a lot of time chasing visitors away from deer. In Yosemite the only human deaths caused by animals (since the park began in 1864) have been caused by deer. Yes, Bambi can kill.

Absolutey, deer can kill.

Grizzlies got two people in the Yellowstone last year, and two others on National Forest just outside the park the year prior.  

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 5:03PM #9
IreneAdler

Too funny-but not if it had turned violent against the authorities.

A co-worker’s sister was in the forest service- out in the field- for many years.  She’s met up with some scary people.  I gather her life has been theatened by these scary people a time or two.

Yes, people just do not get that animals can cause great harm.  Once, while I was out walking, I spied a pair up ahead of me, fussing over something.  When I approached, the lady cautioned me “it’s a rattle snake! Stay back!” and the man was holding onto this poor garter snake by the back end- Steve Irwin-style.

Yes, a garter snake. But couldn’t  tell them that.   

She was all impressed by his bravery. 

Hope they let him go before too long.  Bet snake was terrified.

Irene.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 5:16PM #10
mountain_man

Apr 13, 2012 -- 5:03PM, IreneAdler wrote:

... Yes, people just do not get that animals can cause great harm.  Once, while I was out walking, I spied a pair up ahead of me, fussing over something.  When I approached, the lady cautioned me “it’s a rattle snake! Stay back!” and the man was holding onto this poor garter snake by the back end- Steve Irwin-style.

Yes, a garter snake. But couldn’t  tell them that.   

She was all impressed by his bravery. 

Hope they let him go before too long.  Bet snake was terrified.

The guy was a fool. Most of those bitten by snakes are messing with them. Snakes are awesome creatures that should be left alone and admired from a distance - just like all wildlife.

I was on a hike in a different park with a law enforcement ranger (off duty). We came across a guy that was bragging to us about the rattle snake he had just killed. The poor guy could not understand why my friend gave him a $1500 ticket. We let the judge explain.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook