Switch to Forum Live View Gingrich Campaign Bounces Check
2 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2012 - 9:48AM #1
Ironhold
link

I think the following says it all:

"This is one of those goofy things," Gingrich told reporters following a speech at a senior citizen center here. "That check was drawn in December. The account actually was closed by the time they processed it. It wasn't a question of money. That particular bank account was closed."

In other words, the Gingrich campaign wrote a check to the state of Utah to get on the ballot, but the check came from an account that they knew would eventually close. And they're somehow surprised that the check never cleared in time.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2012 - 11:33AM #2
mountain_man

Apr 12, 2012 -- 9:48AM, Ironhold wrote:

In other words, the Gingrich campaign wrote a check to the state of Utah to get on the ballot, but the check came from an account that they knew would eventually close. And they're somehow surprised that the check never cleared in time.

This is not the first time Newt has engaged in unethical behaviors.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2012 - 12:53PM #3
Ebon

I'm kinda baffled why the Gingrich campaign is still going. It's now mathematically impossible for him to win and the chances of a brokered convention picking Gingrich are somewhere between slim and none. Giving the nod to Gingrich at a brokered convention would be considered the GOP's official declaration that they don't actually want to win the election.

He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God. ~ Proverbs 14:31

Fiat justitia, ruat caelum

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2012 - 1:17PM #4
mountain_man

Apr 12, 2012 -- 12:53PM, Ebon wrote:

I'm kinda baffled why the Gingrich campaign is still going. It's now mathematically impossible for him to win and the chances of a brokered convention picking Gingrich are somewhere between slim and none. Giving the nod to Gingrich at a brokered convention would be considered the GOP's official declaration that they don't actually want to win the election.

You can thank the Supreme Court and their decision in "Citizens United." Outside money, the so called "super PACs," are keeping candidates in the race long after they should have disappeared from the scene. Those "super PACs" are going to make the cost of this presidential election over a billion dollars each. That means any president elected will be answerable to big money donors, not the people.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2012 - 1:25PM #5
BDboy

Apr 12, 2012 -- 9:48AM, Ironhold wrote:

link

I think the following says it all:

"This is one of those goofy things," Gingrich told reporters following a speech at a senior citizen center here. "That check was drawn in December. The account actually was closed by the time they processed it. It wasn't a question of money. That particular bank account was closed."

>>>>>> Newt have always been full of "Hot air" not less on subtence. His check reflect his status in the campaign trail. I bet Obama wants him to hang around a little longer to do his job for him.

;-)

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2012 - 10:13AM #6
Marcion

What is it with Newt? Why doesn't he have the sense to withdraw like Santorum did?

I always regarded Newt as a jerk even in his hey day on the 90's.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2012 - 1:05PM #7
Stardove

Why is Newt Gingrich still running?

As for a means of earning a living, Gingrich said he isn't much worried about that, either; despite the fact that his biggest private endeavor, the for-profit Center for Health Transformation, went belly-up last week. When Gingrich left the think tank about a year ago, it issued him a promissory note that, according to his disclosure form, was the former speaker's biggest financial asset.

See link for more of the article.

Staying in the GOP race gives his wife a chance to sell more books. Money Mouth

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

Anger cannot occur unless you believe that you have been attacked, that your attack is justified in return, and that you are in no way responsible for it. ACIM

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook