Page 15 of 16  •  Prev 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Zimmerman Arrested On Murder Charge In Trayvon Martin Case
2 years ago  ::  Apr 25, 2012 - 10:53PM #141
Marcion

Apr 24, 2012 -- 7:59PM, Stardove wrote:

Apr 24, 2012 -- 11:57AM, Marcion wrote:

:Sow the wind, inherent the whirlwind" a few more incidents like this and you will have white gangs attacking black people Thanks to all of you who have prejudged Zimmerman before all the facts were released.

I recall a line from Roarks, Something of Value, when he warns the young mao mao after rejoicing killing white faremrs he said, " of all the animals on the earth nothing is more cruel or vicious than a white european". The terrorists were soon to learn the reality of that warning.

Take heed also of Mary Shelley's Frankenstein. If you create a monster don't whine when it comes to destroy you.

I doubt if any members posting here at this forum will be the cause of any attacks on any person, red, yellow, black or white.  This is a discussion forum where people are free to discuss current news. 

It is my understanding to say even something like, "that is a pretty dress you are wearing" is a judgement.  Judgement isn't always a negative thing.  It is expressing opinions about all kind of different things.  You are sitting in judgement of what members are posting at this thread.

There is also a saying about when a person points one finger there are three fingers pointing back at that person.

Who said anything about posters being responsible for attacks. Why don't you read what I said rather than what you think I said.

My point was that demonizing Zimmerman before the facts are in, as some posters have done here, leads the hoodies and skinheads to use it as an excuse to atack innocent people.

Moderated by Beliefnet_community on Apr 26, 2012 - 01:49PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 25, 2012 - 11:01PM #142
teilhard

" ... an excuse to attack innocent People ... " -- people like, Trayvon Martin ... ???

Apr 25, 2012 -- 10:53PM, Marcion wrote:

:Sow the wind, inherent the whirlwind" a few more incidents like this and you will have white gangs attacking black people Thanks to all of you who have prejudged Zimmerman before all the facts were released.

I recall a line from Roarks, Something of Value, when he warns the young mao mao after rejoicing killing white faremrs he said, " of all the animals on the earth nothing is more cruel or vicious than a white european". The terrorists were soon to learn the reality of that warning.

Take heed also of Mary Shelley's Frankenstein. If you create a monster don't whine when it comes to destroy you.

I doubt if any members posting here at this forum will be the cause of any attacks on any person, red, yellow, black or white.  This is a discussion forum where people are free to discuss current news. 

It is my understanding to say even something like, "that is a pretty dress you are wearing" is a judgement.  Judgement isn't always a negative thing.  It is expressing opinions about all kind of different things.  You are sitting in judgement of what members are posting at this thread.

There is also a saying about when a person points one finger there are three fingers pointing back at that person.

Who said anything about posters being responsible for attacks. Why don't you read what I said rather than what you think I said.

My point was that demonizing Zimmerman before the facts are in, as some posters have done here, leads the hoodies and skinheads to use it as an excuse to attack innocent people.

Moderated by Beliefnet_community on Apr 26, 2012 - 01:51PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 26, 2012 - 8:35PM #143
REteach

Well, a kid was killed for the offense of wearing a hoodie and being black.  That was pretty drastic. 

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 26, 2012 - 9:46PM #144
teilhard

Yes ... And I'm shocked that Alan Derschowitz, J.D., apparently seems to be "okay" with it ...

Apr 26, 2012 -- 8:35PM, REteach wrote:

Well, a kid was killed for the offense of wearing a hoodie and being black.  That was pretty drastic. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2012 - 9:42AM #145
Ebon

My point was that demonizing Zimmerman before the facts are in, as some posters have done here, leads the hoodies and skinheads to use it as an excuse to atack innocent people.

Hoodies (I thought that was British slang?) and skinheads rarely need an excuse to attack people.

He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God. ~ Proverbs 14:31

Fiat justitia, ruat caelum

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2012 - 11:25AM #146
Stardove

Trayvon Martin Case: George Zimmerman's lawyer says he didn't know about $200,000 in donations before bond hearing

SANFORD, Fla. - The attorney for George Zimmerman said he didn't know his client had raised $200,000 before a bond hearing last week.

Mark O'Mara told the judge Friday that Zimmerman's family hadn't informed him about the money before his client was granted $150,000 bond.

Florida Circuit Judge Kenneth Lester said he wanted to know more information about the money and what Zimmerman knew before deciding whether to revoke or raise his bond. He said he would decide on that at a hearing after O'Mara gathers the information.

According to CNN, the attorney for Trayvon Martin's family earlier said that Zimmerman should be back in jail because he did not disclose the donated money during his bond hearing.

"They tried to portray themselves as indigent that they did not have any money," said Martin family attorney Benjamin Crump. "We think the court should revoke his bond immediately and he should be held accountable for misleading the court."

These donations were raised on the website which has now been shut down.  Clearly Zimmerman has some supporters.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

Anger cannot occur unless you believe that you have been attacked, that your attack is justified in return, and that you are in no way responsible for it. ACIM

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2012 - 11:31AM #147
Stardove

Trayvon Martin Case: George Zimmerman's lawyer to attend court hearing about $200K raised by website for defense fund

ORLANDO, Fla. - George Zimmerman's attorney said his client's bail might have been set higher if a judge had known about $200,000 raised by a website. The information only came to light this week.

Mark O'Mara said on CNN's Anderson Cooper 360 that he only learned about the money Wednesday and will inform a judge at a hearing Friday.

Friday's hearing was initially scheduled to deal with several media organizations, including The Associated Press, asking the judge to unseal documents from Zimmerman's court file, but the donations have now overshadowed that issue.

Even though the website which raised the funds is shut down O'Mara is thinking about having another site to raise more funds.  Maybe he does want to get paid.  Seems like I remember reading O'Mara took this case for free.

Anger cannot occur unless you believe that you have been attacked, that your attack is justified in return, and that you are in no way responsible for it. ACIM

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2012 - 11:43AM #148
Stardove

I suggest you read what you wrote.  "a few more incidents like this and you will have white gangs attacking black people Thanks to all of you who have prejudged Zimmerman before all the facts were released." 

Which "you" are you referring to, if not the people reading at this thread when you says "Thanks to all of you"?  Perhaps you could have phrased your wording differently.

Crimes were happening before the Zimmerman case and I am pretty sure crimes will continue to happen after this case is long gone and buried.  Although the Rodney King case is now 20 years old, so maybe Trayvon's death will be remembered for a long time to come.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2012 - 1:13PM #149
REteach

I wonder if Trayvon's family had to pay funeral expenses out of pocket. Maybe George should help.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2012 - 3:57PM #150
teilhard

I think that no Matter the Outcome of the Criminal Proceedings, there will be a Civil Suit by Trayvon's Family for Wrongful Death, naming George "Night Stalker" Zimmerman and also The Gated Community Association that VETTED him as their Special Neighborhood Watch Commander ...

Apr 27, 2012 -- 1:13PM, REteach wrote:

I wonder if Trayvon's family had to pay funeral expenses out of pocket. Maybe George should help.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 15 of 16  •  Prev 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook