Page 14 of 16  •  Prev 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Zimmerman Arrested On Murder Charge In Trayvon Martin Case
2 years ago  ::  Apr 23, 2012 - 11:16PM #131
Mlyons619

Yup, Alan Dershowitz is a real scumbag alright...

...Who got OJ off...

...So I'd say that, scumbag or not, he KNOWS what he is talking about...

"No freedom without education"
            --Thomas Jefferson

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition"
            -- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 24, 2012 - 7:38AM #132
Marcion

Apr 23, 2012 -- 11:16PM, Mlyons619 wrote:

...Who got OJ off...

I differ on that, Dershowitz played a minor role in the OJ trial. The one who got OJ off was the incompetent Lance Ito who sold the trial to Johnny Cochran. To allow race as an issue was pure nonsense, OJ was an oreo until cochran invented OJ the black man.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 24, 2012 - 8:38AM #133
Marcion

This link should make some people very happy.

www2.wkrg.com/news/2012/apr/23/man-beate...

Moderated by Stardove on Apr 24, 2012 - 07:50PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 24, 2012 - 9:46AM #134
teilhard

Actually, it was The LAPD who lost the Case with sloppy Police Work, including allowing Mark Fuhrman to come anywhere NEAR it ..

Apr 24, 2012 -- 7:38AM, Marcion wrote:

Apr 23, 2012 -- 11:16PM, Mlyons619 wrote:

...Who got OJ off...

I differ on that, Dershowitz played a minor role in the OJ trial. The one who got OJ off was the incompetent Lance Ito who sold the trial to Johnny Cochran. To allow race as an issue was pure nonsense, OJ was an oreo until cochran invented OJ the black man.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 24, 2012 - 11:57AM #135
Marcion

:Sow the wind, inherent the whirlwind" a few more incidents like this and you will have white gangs attacking black people Thanks to all of you who have prejudged Zimmerman before all the facts were released.

I recall a line from Roarks, Something of Value, when he warns the young mao mao after rejoicing killing white faremrs he said, " of all the animals on the earth nothing is more cruel or vicious than a white european". The terrorists were soon to learn the reality of that warning.

Take heed also of Mary Shelley's Frankenstein. If you create a monster don't whine when it comes to destroy you.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 24, 2012 - 12:17PM #136
teilhard

The Facts of this Case will come out at Trial ... A Judge will preside and a Jury will decide ... 

FORTUNATELY, the Trial will be not only about the Facts of THIS particular Case, but also (A) the Question of "Profiling" AND (B) the Role of "Neigborhood Watch Stalkers" AND (C) most especially Florida's "Shoot-Anybody-Who-Scares-You Law" ...

I think PUBLIC Discussion of these Questions is a GOOD Thing ...

Apr 24, 2012 -- 11:57AM, Marcion wrote:

:Sow the wind, inherent the whirlwind" a few more incidents like this and you will have white gangs attacking black people Thanks to all of you who have prejudged Zimmerman before all the facts were released.

I recall a line from Roarks, Something of Value, when he warns the young mao mao after rejoicing killing white faremrs he said, " of all the animals on the earth nothing is more cruel or vicious than a white european". The terrorists were soon to learn the reality of that warning.

Take heed also of Mary Shelley's Frankenstein. If you create a monster don't whine when it comes to destroy you.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 24, 2012 - 12:31PM #137
Cesmom

Apr 24, 2012 -- 8:38AM, Marcion wrote:

This link should make some people very happy.

www2.wkrg.com/news/2012/apr/23/man-beate...

I highly doubt this actually had anything to do with the Trayvon Martin case...people are using that as a convenient excuse...

"The victim had approached the kids that were playing basketball in the street and fussed at them about playing basketball. After they left, what is believed to be a number of adults came back and assaulted our victim with pipes, paint cans and some chairs. 
And it was one of those situations where there was a ton of people there but for some reason not a lot of details were given to investigators that night. So we're hoping, somebody knows what happened, we're hoping someone will come forward and give us that information," Corporal Levy explains.  

The victim's sister claims one of the attackers was walking away, he mentioned the beating was justice for Trayvon Martin.  

Edit: quote only

Moderated by Stardove on Apr 24, 2012 - 07:51PM
Our need to learn should always outweigh our need to be right

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

More people would learn from their mistakes if they weren't so busy denying them.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 24, 2012 - 7:59PM #138
Stardove

Apr 24, 2012 -- 11:57AM, Marcion wrote:

I doubt if any members posting here at this forum will be the cause of any attacks on any person, red, yellow, black or white.  This is a discussion forum where people are free to discuss current news. 

It is my understanding to say even something like, "that is a pretty dress you are wearing" is a judgement.  Judgement isn't always a negative thing.  It is expressing opinions about all kind of different things.  You are sitting in judgement of what members are posting at this thread.

There is also a saying about when a person points one finger there are three fingers pointing back at that person.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 25, 2012 - 9:49PM #139
teilhard

The FACT is that George "Night Stalker" Zimmerman -- armed with a 9mm -- STARTED the Confrontation  AGAINST  INSTRUCTIONS  of the 911 Operator ... FRIGHTENED an innocent Teenager by FOLLOWING him ... and shot him to DEATH ...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 25, 2012 - 10:07PM #140
Stardove

Trayvon Martin case: George Zimmerman disables fundraising site

The website George Zimmerman created to raise funds for his defense against charges in the fatal shooting of unarmed teenager Trayvon Martin  was shut down this week, Zimmerman's attorney said Wednesday.

The site started up this month to raise funds for the defense of Zimmerman, who has pleaded not guilty to second-degree murder in the shooting death of Martin, an African American. Zimmerman, the son of a Latina, has apologized for killing Martin, 17, saying he acted in self-defense when their paths crossed on Feb. 26 in Sanford, Fla.

When he first established the site, Zimmerman, 28, said he linked it to PayPal in order to raise funds for his defense.

“I reassure you every donation is appreciated,” he wrote. He also said that his site was the only one he had and warned against others who were soliciting money on his behalf.

The official site was disabled this week. Visitors now see the message “Sorry! This site is not currently available.”  A magnifying glass enlarges the word “not” for emphasis.

Continued at link.

The site was taken down on the advise of his attorney.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 14 of 16  •  Prev 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook