Page 10 of 16  •  Prev 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 16 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Zimmerman Arrested On Murder Charge In Trayvon Martin Case
2 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2012 - 3:42PM #91
Marcion

Apr 17, 2012 -- 10:58AM, farragut wrote:

"  I aspire to someday own an M1 Garand"

I am certain that I could find one locally.

I am looking for a british enfield in good condition. They are either overpriced or just junk.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2012 - 4:09PM #92
farragut

I have a nice 303, sporterized with a Tasco scope. I don't think that I've been out with it since the scope was installed.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2012 - 5:16PM #93
teilhard

Except ...

Under The U. S. Constitution, which is The Supreme Law of The Land (even in a State like Florida ... !!!), "Racial Bias" in Matters of Life and Liberty IS a Crime, no Matter who perpetrates it ... I DO agree that Racial-ist Profiling is shockingly COMMON in The USA, but that Fact DOESN'T mean it is "okay" ...

Hence, The Feds -- entirely properly --  are taking a close Examination of The Case also ...

Plus ... There has so far been NO Factual Report released by or to ANYBODY (as far as I'm aware) indicating that The "Night Stalker's" Neighborhood had been Burglarized or otherwise bothered by "Black" Kids (wearing "Hoodies" or not) ... Has there ... ??? ... WHY do YOU think that such was the Case and/or that The "Night Stalker" thought so ... ??? (that is, ASIDE from "Racial-ist Profiling" ... ??? We ALL know what BLACK Guys are like, right ... ???  Is THAT it ... ???)

Apr 17, 2012 -- 3:06PM, mindis1 wrote:

Apr 14, 2012 -- 10:52PM, teilhard wrote:

*** You're kidding, right ... ???  The Suggestion seems to be that "The Night Stalker" had some Kind of god-like Knowledge of WHO was breaking-in in the Neighborhood ... ???  Furthermore, all of a sudden, in America,  routine "Racial Profiling" is OKAY ... ???  What ... ???

And ... ummmm ... SHOOTING an unarmed Kid just for being "Black" and wearing a "Hoodie" is ... REASONABLE ... ???

No, I was not kidding about what I said. There is no law that forbids any “neighborhood watch volunteer” from racial (or any other kind of) profiling. Whether or not Zimmerman did decide to stop and question Martin due to racial profiling is inconsequential to any legal argument that he did anything unlawful. The defense does not need to rebut any accusation by the prosecutor that Zimmerman racially profiled Martin. The fact that the prosecutor decided to put this accusation into the probable cause affidavit only illustrates the lack of a case the prosecutor has.

The prosecutor needs to prove that Zimmerman did not “reasonably believe” that such force as he used was necessary to prevent great bodily harm to himself. There is nothing in the probable cause affidavit to suggest that Zimmerman did not have such a “reasonable belief”. The prosecutor can accuse Zimmerman of racial profiling all day long; it will never amount to more than an empty accusation, and it will never help to prove her second-degree murder charge.

And, BTW, one obviously does not need any “god-like knowledge” in order to know the race or gender of people who have been reported or arrested for neighborhood break-ins. That Zimmerman’s decision to stop and question Martin might have been a case of racial “profiling” (which is probably true) is, again, inconsequential to any legal argument for second-degree murder.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2012 - 8:30PM #94
Marcion

Apr 17, 2012 -- 4:09PM, farragut wrote:

I have a nice 303, sporterized with a Tasco scope. I don't think that I've been out with it since the scope was installed.

Once a military rifle is sporterized it can no longer be listed as a military rifle.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2012 - 8:32PM #95
Marcion

Why was it necessary for the governor of Florida to go public and state Zimmermans arrest was not influenced by public opinion?

Most of us know better.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2012 - 8:35PM #96
teilhard

I guess ... maybe ... SOME People had been making that Claim, so he felt that it ought to be answered ... ???

Apr 17, 2012 -- 8:32PM, Marcion wrote:

Why was it necessary for the governor of Florida to go public and state Zimmermans arrest was not influenced by public opinion?

Most of us know better.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2012 - 9:22PM #97
Iwantamotto

mindis1:  Several of the defendants in the dismissed cases first chased the people they eventually killed.

Did they chase BEFORE there was a "threat"?  Walking home with a snack is NOT a "threat".

Knock and the door shall open.  It's not my fault if you don't like the decor.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2012 - 9:28PM #98
teilhard

Think of it as a kind of (Blood) Sport "Hunting" ... The THRILL of The Chase, and all that ... "Foxes and Hounds" ... whatever ...

Apr 17, 2012 -- 9:22PM, Iwantamotto wrote:

mindis1:  Several of the defendants in the dismissed cases first chased the people they eventually killed.

Did they chase BEFORE there was a "threat"?  Walking home with a snack is NOT a "threat".

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2012 - 10:00PM #99
farragut

"Once a military rifle is sporterized it can no longer be listed as a military rifle"

I should hope not. It is a deer rifle. Though, with that nice flat trajectory, it can get out there. Nevertheless, I do not anticipate ever needing a military rifle. Or, in fact, the deer rifle.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 18, 2012 - 8:06AM #100
Marcion

Teilhard

Why respond to my posts?

Moderated by Stardove on Apr 18, 2012 - 01:33PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 10 of 16  •  Prev 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 16 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing